What augs to use with Shawl 2.0?

Anything relating to the physical - equipment, class balance, etc.
cicely
Magician

What augs to use with Shawl 2.0?

Post by cicely »

Having recently completed the group version of Shawl 2.0, I did some research on the item and found that the proc (200 mana return, extra 400 damage to spell) has a 80% chance to fire. However I also noticed that the game will check procs on primary/secondary items first... and then the shawl last. Which means the best proc I have available to me is being hindered by lesser procs firing first.

I was using a Plaguescale Rod and Underfoot raid shield combo (forgot name of this, the Badgers shield). I did have the Wilting Grove proc on weapon, and Acorn of Spite on shield. I found *unscientifically* to not be getting many shawl procs with this combo, so I have currently changed to having Transcendent Fungus on primary and an AC/stat aug on shield.

Why the Fungus aug, which only works on lvl 86 spells (Bolt for us)? On the advice of Malleria a long long time ago, it is the combo that she uses. And it seems to make sense- a 250 mana return when you use Bolt, if it procs. If you use a 87+ spell, then theoretically the game should check Plaguescale Rod first for its mana return proc, and then you have no other procs available except the shawl. Basically, reducing the chance of a lesser proc preventing the shawl from firing by removing said lesser procs.

Now I might be completely over thinking this. Again I have not scientifically proven that this set up will result in more shawl procs (I plan on it sometime, albiet with a sample size of only a couple hundred casts). But the point of this post is-

For those of you with group/raid versions of Shawl 2.0... what augs do you use in your primary/secondary gear? And do you notice a change with the amount of procs you have that prevents the shawl proc from going off as much as you want it to?