Magician Nerfs (the past 15 months)

Anything relating to the physical - equipment, class balance, etc.
Danille

Magician Nerfs (the past 15 months)

Post by Danille »

Here are the Magician nerfs (as announced in update notes) over the past 15 months.
Note: This list does not include stealth nerfs unless they were subsequently announced.

The purpose of this thread, is to allow all players to have the information they need in order to have an accurate perspective of the state of the Magician class, what we have faced during this time.

It will also allow everyone in the game to understand how the finalized pet nerf, announced to go live in August (on top of the rest of these changes) will be received by every mage (and the players who group with them) who enjoys playing the solo and group with non holy trinity groups. (no tank, slower, healer).

04/17/13 (NERF ONE and TWO)

1) - Beastlord, Magician, and Necromancer pets (level 96-100) have had their base HP and AC reduced slightly. Reduced the AC and HP advantage given to pets with the most basic focus (Enhanced Minion VII) and adjusted the later ranks accordingly.

2) - All existing player-castable pet block buffs have had damage caps added to them. These values should easily exceed damage from group content of the appropriate eras:
- - Set a damage cap per hit on Ward of Calliav of 11747; Guard of Calliav of 12922; Protection of Calliav of 14214; Bulwark of Calliav of 15635; Aegis of Calliav of 17198; Aegis of Kildrukaun of 18918.

10/08/13 (NERF THREE)

3) - Magician - Lowered the damage dealt by Salvo of Many with the maximum number of pets on the target's hatelist. Lower "waves" were not affected.

02/19/14 (NERF FOUR, FIVE and SIX)

4) - Magician - Changed the early ranks of the Burning Aura line of spells to be limited to 48 procs, rather than 240 incoming attacks, to match later spells in the line.

5) - Magician - Hulking Bodyguard now fades after 48 hits like later spells in the line.

6) - Magician - Added a target limit of 12 to all beam spells.

04/02/14 (NERF SEVEN)

7) - Plane of War - Pet Aggro Mechanics Nerf

7/16/14 (NERF EIGHT)

8) - Stealth Pet Nerf

======================

Not technically a nerf but classified as a runner up:

9) - Runner up (nerf)

Changed aggro rules of pets, so that now they constantly show up on HoTT, if the tank dies, the aggro bounces all over the place, because PC's within melee range, draw aggro over the pet.
This caused fury and loathing by all melee classes (and tanks who lack skill in maintaining and holding aggro).

During raids, it has been common place, in quite a few raids for pet classes to be SCREAMED at by the "pet police" (every guild has a few) to fade pet.
It is so bad in some cases where mages had to add into their spell weave, their summon pet aa, just to stop the hatred.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/inde ... st-3110285
Falore
Magician

Re: Magician Nerfs (the past 15 months)

Post by Falore »

I'm glad I really don't actively play eq anymore, prolly not gonna renew my accounts once they finally expire.

All that being said that daegun guy is a very sad lonely individual It's very clear he has nothing going for him in real life.

Anyone that has a family, job or life of any kind knows that its impossible to dedicate the kind of time he is dedicating to nerfing a class he doesnt even main. He can say he's a doctor all day long, and maybe he is one but i can say with certainty he's a bargin bin low quality one if he is. His actions on eq pretty much prove that.

I feel bad for the guy personally... like really really bad.

Oh well at least he has a few tank followers in a 15 year old videogame lol - his lifes legacy m i rite?
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Falore wrote:I'm glad I really don't actively play eq anymore, prolly not gonna renew my accounts once they finally expire.

All that being said that daegun guy is a very sad lonely individual It's very clear he has nothing going for him in real life.

Anyone that has a family, job or life of any kind knows that its impossible to dedicate the kind of time he is dedicating to nerfing a class he doesnt even main. He can say he's a doctor all day long, and maybe he is one but i can say with certainty he's a bargin bin low quality one if he is. His actions on eq pretty much prove that.

I feel bad for the guy personally... like really really bad.

Oh well at least he has a few tank followers in a 15 year old videogame lol - his lifes legacy m i rite?
Jedis has not implemented a like button.

Mintalee
Elementalist

Post by Mintalee »

Haha second LIKE. So many people dedicating so much time and energy towards hurting others. Just think what they could do if they put their efforts to good use...