New GEar solo at 90

Anything relating to the physical - equipment, class balance, etc.
mage76

New GEar solo at 90

Post by mage76 »

Greetings all and Happy Holidays to all.

I am currently level 90 mage in tier 2 Hot gear with some Heroic gear and an em8 with 6000AA's Having a really hard time finding the chest pice to make tier 2 armor. Been looking and killing names for a month now with no luck .So just about had it looking for this 1 part Remnant.

Was looking at the next expansion mobs for tier2 there level is 96, now I know alone with J5 merc I can not take it down but wondering if I took a box 86 cleric with me is it possible.There max hit is 13000 damage which with merc and cleric they could handle the heals just wondering if I have the dps to do it. If it is possible I can have the cleric bring a J5 merc as well that should take care of the heals just do I have the mana to maintain (my mana pool is 39000)

Just need some advice don't want a long trip out there with a quick trip back to guild lobby anyway this is where I am . Have not tried a name ia Alaris trash is really not hard at all at least what I have seen have not been there long enough to make that kind of judgment .

The Grounds names I have been doing since 86/87 was hard at first but got it down with my merc of course when I brought the cleric made the it a lot easier unless I got mad adds keep forgetting the mobs pop in 5 minutes or so.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Re: New GEar solo at 90

Post by Tweelis »

I feel for you as my sk was in the same boat for awhile. For this reason I took him to Argath and got him the tier 1 VOA chest piece.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=97971

I got mine from this guy
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=38197
mage76

Re: New GEar solo at 90

Post by mage76 »

I am doing that now that next tier is a no go for now. To many adds and gettin to them is almost certain death. So took a break and went to Anguish to get my Enchanter and Wizard 2.0 done. Had fun in there tunare went down fast Hanvar took an hour did not know he was super high fire ressist. Use my boxed cleric and found out that gather mana spell mage promised heal and rumble servant will get the job done. His adds were not so tough for a level 91 mage but if your at that level for this place i still think he gonna be tough. Anyway tryin to figure out how to solo Jevlan . Again the fire resist so little hard. I know i can do it at this level and fun to try and figure out so gonna be a few deaths maybe til i get it. I have so far only seen 2 aug mobs far away from Jevlan which as i have read i should have seen 1 by the time i cleared to him. I think once i get one guy down should be a little better get one guy down to about 5% then cleric OOM and mage cant keep up with heals and servant lines to finish.