pets

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
quseio
Elementalist

Re: pets

Post by quseio »

i see beastlords pets as their utility knife its got all sorts of gadgets but its not that sharp. When casters recieve as much of a upgrade from items as melee do then bsts can say pwr them up i think beast lords should have been done differently as it is they should get their characters buffed imo not their pets their melee their not casters . let theirpets stagnate into utlity knifes even more but buff their player tankability

want a tough pet play a mage :!:
nylrem
Elementalist

Post by nylrem »

The pets didn't get the definitive roles most have wanted, but pretty much a cut and paste general improvement over what we had in SoD and UF. We were slightly successful in getting the fire pet DPS increased, but it seems only to EM8, after that it only increased the infintismal amount we have had in the past with the increased focuses.

The earth pet seems to have its AC increased a bit, as well as its agro generation, but definitely not as significant as it should be, for its lack of DPS compared to air.

The magicians in beta were successful in getting the pet dps increased a little bit, approximately 300 dps each for the main and RS pets. You can be assured anything that we are lacking is not due to not trying and letting the devs know what we wanted.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Devs, it seems, listened to all the smurf about how we were soloing convo nameds. The pets started out strong but then really didn't get a real tuning after that. The fire pet casts a crit ability on itself when FBO hits it and that's about it.

The weapon graphics are sweet for the pets and we got a new set of weapons that proc a hate reduction. Jolting blades is the name, I think. It has more base dmg on it than the other weapons.

With EM 8, you can use the 86 air pet and molo in tier 1 okay. After that you'll need levels packed on and some aa's. We asked for increases and got none, essentially.
Molak

Post by Molak »

Lets face it the devs tuned them 2 days before design lock, not much testing we could get done or feedback given in that time.
Sashnia of AB
Nelith
Arch Magus

Post by Nelith »

Voragath wrote:Devs, it seems, listened to all the smurf about how we were soloing convo nameds. The pets started out strong but then really didn't get a real tuning after that. The fire pet casts a crit ability on itself when FBO hits it and that's about it.

The weapon graphics are sweet for the pets and we got a new set of weapons that proc a hate reduction. Jolting blades is the name, I think. It has more base dmg on it than the other weapons.

With EM 8, you can use the 86 air pet and molo in tier 1 okay. After that you'll need levels packed on and some aa's. We asked for increases and got none, essentially.

I'm not gonna say "I told you so," but I f*cking told you so.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

They did get better... Just not as much as we would have liked.

Ironically I tested the air pet by... soloing convorteum nameds ;)
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Nelith did you help out in beta?

If not you have no room to talk really. It was alrdy told pets weren't going to get a HUGE boost. They made fire pet a lot better with FBO working on him. Also everyother pet did get boosted a certain amount ( I havent parsed, but i heard it was an ok increase from others). So your not I told you so, I told you so really doesn't hold water. Pets can tank in HoT fine, and they did get an increase in hp/dmg out-put. Fire, got probably the biggest increase because FBO works on it now.

I'm not trying to be rude, just beta was stressful for us and you trying to be a prick saying that will set some people off when it isn't true.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

No, Nelith, you claimed they stayed the same. They didn't. They first got the standard boost, then a second boost, and finally a 3rd boost on lock day. They are great for group, poor for raids, and the em doesn't scale like it used to. The em scaling is the result of all the "but the mages solo convo nameds!" bull.
Gnomeland
Elementalist

Post by Gnomeland »

So what did they actually do?

I'm hearing that the new pets don't scale as well with EM. But what about the base scaling? How good is a 86 pet compared to a 81 pet with different levels of foci?

86 pet with no EM = 81 pet with EM ?
86 pet with EM 4 = 81 pet with EM ?
86 pet with EM 8 = 81 pet with EM ?

Is the 86 pet with EM 11 actually worse than the 81 pet with EM 11?
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

Gnomeland wrote:I'm hearing that the new pets don't scale as well with EM.
I doubt it is a function of the pets, but the EM itself. In other words, if EM11 is a 3% increase (for example) over EM10, I assume that holds true for whichever pet you summon, be it 81 pet or 86 pet (assuming, of course, that EM11 even affects the 81 pet).
Gnomeland wrote: Is the 86 pet with EM 11 actually worse than the 81 pet with EM 11?
Um, that would be incredibly stupid, so I give it a 99.99999% chance of being false.

But, I wasn't in Beta, so let's let someone who was chime in with some real info.