NDA lifted

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Re: NDA lifted

Post by Goranothos »

Voragath wrote:
Goranothos wrote:What about pet spells (air,water,fire,earth)? Buyable with plat from vendors (as in recent expansions), dropped by mobs, or only available from faction vendors?
You can buy them. They aren't as spectacular as we had hoped though, which is probably being said in the pet thread now. It wasn't for a lack of effort on our part, though. And they kicked us in the nuts with the EM focii.
Good news that they are buyable. Sucks that they don't scale with the content. What do you mean about the EM focii? Difficult to obtain? Not enough power increase from the focii?
Bastler
Conjurer

Post by Bastler »

Grant ring of levitation - Aristo refused to change this to the invis stone despite many requests
Perma levi is TBGable on a lvl 1 character, what exactly is the use for this?
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

One of the many questionable spells given to us this time.
Mintalee
Elementalist

Post by Mintalee »

Are we getting a new cauldron spell?

How do the current cauldron summons compare to the new weps and mask?
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Post by Calebe »

In serverwide last night the question was asked about why the grant lev ring and not invis stones. The answer was, no time. If you consider this was asked for before Beta began that explanation makes no sense. The had time to rename the spell but not change it. As you get the invis stone in the new Gift of Daybreak (believe that is the name), it is an 11 slot no weight bag, 40 food/drink and 20 bandages ajnd 1 invis stone. What I suggest if someone asks for an Invis stone you just send them the Gift of Daybreak and say we would prefer to just send you the invis stone but until the devs give us the spell this is the easiest way for us to accomplish this. Please /bug this or or make posts on EQ live to have this added. Don't blame mages but this is our easiest way to give you what you want without finding you, dropping them etc..

In other words make it a tough on those asking for it, and easier on ourselves. The devs showed they did not listen to our requests for this and other things, so maybe they will listen to all those that want this item. Will be nice hearing every cleric, paladin and warrior that wants one start to complain about this, and ask for us to get something that benefits them, and not us, but will make our job easier.

As for the rods, the 7500 mana one use to take 15,000 hit points, it was nerfed at the last minute to take 23,000. The only bright side it is 3 charges where it use to be one. 3 charges is bearable. Why the sudden taking of more hit points is a question we have no answer for. It is ticking a lot of us off, and no explanation at all. As for the spells, we are not suppose to say what was said in beta, and for the spell dev that is simple. He said nothing, almost a total 100% ignored us. Per Tulisan in serverwide magician channel last night, he was in contact with him a lot during beta, but Tulisan did not make that known during Beta and he rarely made a post to say what was going on. We were in a vacuum. This is not the way to get things done and this expansion mages in the raid game are hurting big time.

Calebe
Falino-Luclin
Elementalist

Post by Falino-Luclin »

I didn't have time to do Beta this round because I have been extremely busy with RL stuff.

I'm confused about the AA mod rod, could someone explain a little better what this is?

From what I gather, it's an AE rod summon. Casting the AA can only be done out of combat, but you can click the rod itself during combat, and the click has a five minute recast? Can you summon a small, medium, and large one all at the same time or are they in the same lore group?
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

I think they're still all on one lore group. So you can have either the small, medium, or large rod.

It's a shame our only active CL chose to ignore the community.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

To answer the above for a clarification: EM focii are easier to obtain (in the raid game of course) and they scale in a piss poor manner. EM focii won't be the big upgrades as they were in the past and are, imho (others can feel free to disagree, Tuli), minor upgrades at each level. The raid focii are going onto a special rares table with a 25% drop rate so every 4 raids drops a focus but we all know how eq math works. Each pet went up about 3% in dmg/dps per level, give or take a percentage point or two. I haven't tested the earth pet's new AC yet but that was a last minute bump.

And Tuli can take a hike if it's true about what he said in general. So that's how all those bizarre changes were made that had everyone scratching their heads. Glad to see he inherited Kozvar's playbook. :roll:
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Falino-Luclin wrote:I didn't have time to do Beta this round because I have been extremely busy with RL stuff.

I'm confused about the AA mod rod, could someone explain a little better what this is?

From what I gather, it's an AE rod summon. Casting the AA can only be done out of combat, but you can click the rod itself during combat, and the click has a five minute recast? Can you summon a small, medium, and large one all at the same time or are they in the same lore group?
Right. It's an mgb, must be ooc, no death check (i.e. it can kill you at low hp), does insane damage for the mana, has 3 charges clickable whenever, and they are lore to each other so you can have only one (either a small, a medium, OR a large in your inventory). The cast is 16s but 8s with focus and aa's. Recast is 5s. The large rod does 23k dmg for 7500 mana. About 3 mana per hp. You can't buy this aa until level 90 though. The small and medium come in at 86 and 88.

Totally nerfed. It was nothing like this before: single target, fast cast (instant?), lore only to itself so you could have all 3, etc.... I'll be making sure to make my rod in the lobby or anywhere else that'll make people mad until enough complain to get it changed to where WE wanted it. In the same vein as the invis stone issue above.
Molak

Post by Molak »

So what did Tulisin say as there really was a lack of communication from him this beta.
Sashnia of AB