NDA lifted

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Re: NDA lifted

Post by Calebe »

What Tulsin said in server wide last night was that he had a lot on contact with the devs and put in a lot of his idea's. He started threads on AA's and Spells in the Beta forum and then vanished and said nothing more basically. Changes asked for and suggestions made in the spell section were ignored. We had a lot more feed back on AA's but when we thought it was nailed down it changed a few days ago.

Tulisin defended with every single reply last night how the devs were doing the right thing. When we asked why we were ignored he said he was in constant contact with them, yet everything said on the boards were ignored and if not, not one word was said to us they were even brought up. The silence was deafening.

To show the contact when the invis stone not being targeted was brought up Tulison even then was talking to the devs and got us a reply, that there just wasn't time to do it. Now as we all know this was an item we asked to be targeted summoned since way before Beta started, and was in the list we posted on a thread he even started in Magician section on EQ forums. So they gave us a never to be used targeted levitate ring. Why? Tulison even mentioned he doesn't make them, so he didn't really care is how I read it. He pushed his agenda and not the classes as we set it out before Beta began.

Yes that was one issue the targeted invis stone, then asked to lessen the food/water so it doesn't make 40 of each, ignored, or make them stat food. Sure you can buy it for real money and as he said well they don't have time to do it. It is already available, we get it in the cauldron, so to make it part of the new summoning no, to much work he said.

Paraphrasing a bit, but what many of us wanted was ignored. If any feed back on our suggestions if he got it, he didn't relay a single word of it to us, or even suggest or hint or post I am trying, I am talking to the devs. I personally thought his lack of communication he was on vacation, out of town, quit the game. Anything but actively working with the devs and ignoring the class threads totally.

As a class rep he needs a lot to be desired with his total silence. We need a new class rep that will communicate with us, or at the bare minimum say, I hear you guys, I am trying. Did we get that? No. Are many of us pissed? Yes. If he would have communicated with us this post would be different, but the most I ever heard out of him was last night, and it was pure defense of SoE no matter what we said.

Calebe
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Tulisin has always had a different opinion of how the mage class should be played. He's the black sheep of the community in a lot of regards. It was a gamble whether he'd push his own agenda or rustle up a shred of integrity and push the wishes of the community at large. Looks like we lost.

Too bad there's almost no accountability within the community leader program. SOE will keep their yes-men, and the game will suffer for it.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Personally I don't remember a post on anything by Tuli until almost the end of things.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

He really only showed up at the end when we were grabbing pictchforks and torches so he didn't become a target of the lynchmob. He needed to look like he was doing something. What he was doing was being the coward he always is by promoting his own self-interest.

Next time around, we'll have to remember to set up our own point-person and tell the devs to ignore Koz, er, Tuli.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Voragath wrote:He really only showed up at the end when we were grabbing pictchforks and torches so he didn't become a target of the lynchmob. He needed to look like he was doing something. What he was doing was being the coward he always is by promoting his own self-interest.

Next time around, we'll have to remember to set up our own point-person and tell the devs to ignore Koz, er, Tuli.
We also need to start the lobbying WELL in advance of beta, like no later than January 2011, before they have the bulk of their "notion" for whatever the 18th expansion is ironed out. We should know what our issues as a class are by that time without too much problem (meaning the new issues from HoT will be confirmed and gotchas we hadn't seen in advance will be apparent). Waiting much longer than that risks not getting what is needed.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

svenalo wrote:
Voragath wrote:He really only showed up at the end when we were grabbing pictchforks and torches so he didn't become a target of the lynchmob. He needed to look like he was doing something. What he was doing was being the coward he always is by promoting his own self-interest.

We also need to start the lobbying WELL in advance of beta, like no later than January 2011, before they have the bulk of their "notion" for whatever the 18th expansion is ironed out. We should know what our issues as a class are by that time without too much problem (meaning the new issues from HoT will be confirmed and gotchas we hadn't seen in advance will be apparent). Waiting much longer than that risks not getting what is needed.
I was thinking the same thing. I think UF caught everyone off guard because only a few guilds were farming Convorteum by the time the beta was announced. That's where the problems all showed up. With a level increase, guilds will start blowing through UF and getting into HoT much faster than anyone moved through UF. So, I'd say we should be seeing what's going on in January/February at the latest. I'm on board with ya here, Sven.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

From this beta we have a list if things remain the same and we get no help anywhere (which is what it is looking like).

Pretty much what mages were vocal about was getting us a Rag pet AA. Somewhere around 20 to 25 second recast with no mana used. Also our nukes need a decent boost to ALL of them. Also, we need a SECOND magic nuke that isnt an annihilate for fights where you can not use fire on (Badgers snake, LC raid). Pet focus needs to give a greater increase per focus lvl increase (EM 8 to 13 fire pet only increased like 26 points, that is stupid). That is all I can think of off the top of my head. Trust me I know there was more good ideas :D .

But imho not having a RAIDING Community Ldr did screw us over. What Tuli said in chat, could clearly see he was on a different planet then RAIDING mages. And rightly so, in the grp game we probably did get a tad better. However, we got the shaft in the RAID game. And not having a raiding mage to give points of view is a real kick in the balls to the class.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Sarenot
Magician

Post by Sarenot »

I do not like Tulisin. Always considered him a fanboi of the worst kind. However I suspect a lot of the stuff is probably not his doing - CL just dont matter it seems. We had the same problems last few betas I was in : important issues just get put on hold ' for fixing after release' and never do. They even become a feature (like RS not being twincastable - it went from being a problem, to be being something we will fix to being 'by design'). Tulisin might just not matter enough, for all of his self-important posturing to make any dent in the issues.

However: when he also vehemently plays down raid-centric topics to advance his own personal vision of what a mage should be like, then he just needs to be replaced by someone who can put forward all points of view, someone who has the necessary maturity to accept that EQ is primarily a raiding game and it is at the raiding end of things that mages need the most attention. Anything good we get for raiding will be just as good for grouping.. the reverse is not always the case.
Conjem
Arch Mage

Post by Conjem »

I know we had lots of raid geared mages in beta. However, were any of our raid guilds invited? Mine wasn't. Mages didn't seem to be represented raiding at all.
It really concerns me that we truly won't know where we stand until this goes live.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Triton (my guild), Realm of Insanity (Falore's guild) were both invited from what I saw. Conjem, the problem is that raiding in HoT was basically making us sit through 4 to 5 hours of the dev freezing mobs, turning mob DPS on and off, fine-tuning emotes, tons of down-time. Basically its not like your average raid where you go up against a named and see what you can do (atleast not for my guild). Like 90% of it was bug fixing. So we were represented, but it was a flawed way to represent because we could not go all out on most events and such. Not to mention pets got killed when they repoped the zone.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams