HoT Spells, AA's Progression, Maps, Atlas, Etc.

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Failcon
Conjurer

Re: HoT Spells, AA's Progression, Maps, Atlas, Etc.

Post by Failcon »

Needed spells Iwould say are your bolt, fickle, "of many", spear, either beam (I just use it for farming), RS, burnout9, and malo. AAs are spell casting fury, destructive fury, gift of mana, spell casting sublety (really needed if you TC spear and crit, improved twincast, and a few others like dreamlike int. I am not home so those the best I can just pop off.

Hope that helps. I also like force of elements, CS/CA, armor of wisdom, shield block, and drape of shadows if you didn't get it before as now it works. Also for raiders the new levels of summon companion are very helpful.

May the elements guide and protect you.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Here's the order I'm doing:

86: Bolt, Burnout, Dreamfire Coat, Shield of Dreams, Malo, Strike of Sand
87: Clash, Shock of Steel, Beam/Rain (they're together), Cognitive Guardian, Splash of Lava... yeah, may never get the Rk 2 Mod rod and will just sell the shard instead. :D
88: Promised Warmending, Annihilate the Divergent, Renewal of Volark, Blazing Sand, Tellurian Stance, Blazing Skin, Beam of Daggers
89: Chaotic Blessing, Iceflame Ward, Grant Glacial Paradox, Circle of Dreamfire, Burning Veil, Scalding Winds, Raid of Daggers
90: Spear of Magma, Gather Potential, Ruinous Servant, Fickle Flare, Surge of Shadowflare, Spectral Symbiosis, Tellurian Bodyguard, Voracious Flames, Mass Spectral Transvergence (again, may just sell shards instead of actually getting last mod rod spell).

I'd actually like to see others choices, since it's a good indicator of how often people use particular spells. I have my 87 spells done (except for the mod rod), most of my 86 spells (I know I have those first 4 at least. I rarely load regular malo outside of raids so don't recall if I have that rk 2 yet), just one or two 88 spells, no 89 spells, and I have a glowing shard ready for when I finally hit 90.
Crystilla

Post by Crystilla »

Ok, test patch notes mention this for mages.

- Fan Faire Request - Auras will no longer cancel each other out when multiple people in a group use the same aura.
- Magician/Shaman - Increased the resistance debuffs of Malosene. The spell damage modifiers were not changed.
- Magician - Increased the damage absorption cap of Tellurian Stance.
Crystilla
EQ Community Leader
Valorguard of Erollisi Marr
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Cool. Maybe next month we'll get some useful changes :D
Crystilla

Post by Crystilla »

Heh, well those were issues with the rank 3 / rank 1 that were requested to be fixed :)

The items I still show as having been submitted but not identified in this patch was a couple other things to do with burnout. Otherwise, everything I believe was on my list that were actual identifiable bugs were made. Tuning or spell change requests are a bit out of my league unfortunately if you have those type of requests.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Crystilla wrote:Heh, well those were issues with the rank 3 / rank 1 that were requested to be fixed :)

The items I still show as having been submitted but not identified in this patch was a couple other things to do with burnout. Otherwise, everything I believe was on my list that were actual identifiable bugs were made. Tuning or spell change requests are a bit out of my league unfortunately if you have those type of requests.
I thought the burnout issues were fixed. During beta the damage mod % on burnout IX rk 1/2/3 were 12%/13%/14%, which was the same as the same rk versions of burnout VIII. I think it was last patch they upped them to 14%/15%/16% so that the new burnout was actually an upgrade on pretty much all fronts (I think the rest of the mods for rk 1 of IX was the same or very slightly below rk 3 of VIII). But it was really the damage mod I think most people were concerned about.
Crystilla

Post by Crystilla »

That's correct.

Issue #1 (fixed) - Burnout IX had less hit damage %
Issue #2 (not fixed) - Strength is lower
Issue #3 (not fixed) - attack is lower

Just wanted to keep it fully listed which requests hadn't been made. The key one was the damage mod %, but not knowing how much mages were concerned about the other 2, I had just wanted to fully list out what I'd seen wasn't quite upgraded.
Crystilla
EQ Community Leader
Valorguard of Erollisi Marr
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Crystilla wrote:That's correct.

Issue #1 (fixed) - Burnout IX had less hit damage %
Issue #2 (not fixed) - Strength is lower
Issue #3 (not fixed) - attack is lower

Just wanted to keep it fully listed which requests hadn't been made. The key one was the damage mod %, but not knowing how much mages were concerned about the other 2, I had just wanted to fully list out what I'd seen wasn't quite upgraded.
Burnout VIII rk 3
Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by 14%
Increase STR by 159
Increase Attack Speed by 85%
Increase ATK by 103
Increase AC by 47

Burnout IX rk 1
Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by 14%
Increase STR by 144
Increase ATK by 102
Increase AC by 47

Burnout IX rk 2
Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by 15%
Increase STR by 164
Increase ATK by 115
Increase AC by 53

Ok, looking at the current numbers maybe the strength should be boosted a tiny bit, but I don't think it's a huge deal. The atk difference of 1 certainly isn't. I don't think it's a big deal if the rk 1 is SLIGHTLY worse than the Rk 3 version of the previous spell. The big things I care about in burnout are the damage mod, attack speed (which has been standard for many iterations now), and AC. So long as those are the same or upgrades I don't mind of the others lag a little behind from the previous tier. I'd rather see the dev time spent elsewhere. But I am just one mage. I'm sure there are others who would disagree with me.
Jedis
Administrator

Post by Jedis »

I think as long as the newer spells are overwriting the older spells, all is fine and dandy in mage land.