HoT Spells, AA's Progression, Maps, Atlas, Etc.

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Waylor

Re: HoT Spells, AA's Progression, Maps, Atlas, Etc.

Post by Waylor »

Voragath wrote:Missed an AA on the spreadsheet and updated it. There's a new rank of spell casting mastery which reduces spell mana cost an additional 5% making the total saved 15%.
I bought it last night.. I don't think it is working.
Crystilla

Post by Crystilla »

Not sure where you'd post this but I glanced and didn't see it listed already (apologies if it's in the wrong spot). Patch notes for Thursday.

*** Spells ***

Casters Increased the HP, AC, and magic resist granted by Shield of Dreams.
Magician Increased the damage modifier on Burnout IX.
Magician Corrected the proc from the Jolting Mindblade to reduce hate as it was intended.
Magician Fire pets above level 50 will now properly restore their extra damage spell if they zone or are suspended with Frenzied Burnout on them.

*** AA ***

Magician Refunded all ranks of Elemental Spell Fury since they don’t do anything. Sorry.
Crystilla
EQ Community Leader
Valorguard of Erollisi Marr
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Waylor wrote:
Voragath wrote:Missed an AA on the spreadsheet and updated it. There's a new rank of spell casting mastery which reduces spell mana cost an additional 5% making the total saved 15%.
I bought it last night.. I don't think it is working.
I just confirmed it works on test. I had zero spell aa's. I removed anything that could decrease spell cost. I cast Shield of Dreams rank 1. The mana cost is 817 base. I have an innate standing regen of 32 (it's important, you'll see). What I did was cast shield of dreams 3 times to get an average but it was always the same so this helped show that there weren't any variables in effect, like clairvoyance.

Spell Casting Mastery of zero should cost 817 but my cost was 786. Not sure why this is but that's what I had. 786+32=818. The difference of the one could be a UI glitch, rounding errors in eq code, etc.
Spell Casting Mastery of rank one should cost 800.66. My cost was 770. 770 + 32 = 802. (The next ranks will show the mana regen in the calcs).
Spell Casting Mastery of rank two should cost 776.15. My cost was 745 + 32 = 777.
Spell Casting Mastery of rank three should cost 735.3. My cost was 704 + 32 = 736.
Spell Casting Mastery of rank four should cost 694.45. My cost was 662 + 32 = 694.

I know it shows addition but I'm really subtracting the regen. Regen apparently hits as soon as you finish casting if you are full mana when you start. So the actual calculation would look like this: starting mana - theoretical cost - regen = total theoretical cost. I had a mana pool of 37143. So an example of what happens while I was doing the numbers is I'd subtract my new mana pool value versus my total. That would look like, using rank zero as an example:
Original mana: 37143
Mana after cast: 36373
Total Used: 770

If you take out regen, the mana after cast would have been 36341. So, 37143 - 36341 = 802 mana used. So, above, in my calculation, I had to add the regen to my total cost to make the value of what I really used.

Rank 4 is working unless there is an issue with the live servers. The trouble with determining if it's working on live is the variables that add to mana cost reductions like preservation focus effects and specialty checks. The preservation effects are a variable so one time may be none and another time the full amount (17% in my case) which could easily make it look like rank 4 is not working. I checked, and the preservation focus is in addition to the aa.
Crystilla

Post by Crystilla »

Just put a post on the burnout IX thread. Part of that was fixed in today's patch (though not all).
In addition, malosene has not yet been updated for shaman/mages on the rank 1 version or rank 2 version.
Tellurian Stance has not yet been fixed.

Shield of dreams DID get fixed. The new stats for all 3 ranks is listed below.

[26333/6302] Shield of Dreams
Classes: NEC/86 WIZ/86 MAG/86 ENC/86
Mana: 817
Target: Self
Beneficial: Blockable
Casting: 9s, Recast: 1.5s
Duration: 01:30:00 (900 ticks), Extend: Yes
1: Increase Max HP by 1003
2: Increase AC by 109
3: Stacking: Block new spell if slot 1 is 'Max HP' and < 2003
6: Increase Magic Resist by 83

[26334/6302] Shield of Dreams Rk. II
Mana: 932
1: Increase Max HP by 1185
2: Increase AC by 125
3: Stacking: Block new spell if slot 1 is 'Max HP' and < 2185
6: Increase Magic Resist by 93

[26335/6302] Shield of Dreams Rk. III
Mana: 992
1: Increase Max HP by 1276
2: Increase AC by 133
3: Stacking: Block new spell if slot 1 is 'Max HP' and < 2276
6: Increase Magic Resist by 100
Crystilla
EQ Community Leader
Valorguard of Erollisi Marr
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

Back to SCM4, I bought it yesterday, making note of how much mana cost my Bolt and Rumbling Servant was before and after buying SCM4. They didn't change. Now, it has been so many years since I bought SCM3, I can't remember exactly how SCM works. Are we supposed to see a change in the mana cost when we click on the spell gem, or does that number only take into account the mana savings of whatever mana reduction item(s) we happen to be wearing?
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Goranothos wrote:Back to SCM4, I bought it yesterday, making note of how much mana cost my Bolt and Rumbling Servant was before and after buying SCM4. They didn't change. Now, it has been so many years since I bought SCM3, I can't remember exactly how SCM works. Are we supposed to see a change in the mana cost when we click on the spell gem, or does that number only take into account the mana savings of whatever mana reduction item(s) we happen to be wearing?
I'm not sure what you are asking here but the spell gem data shouldn't change at all. You see the reduction in the mana used on your bar. And, even after buying it, your gear probably has a focus on it and that one is variable so you might not notice the change if you only do a few shots because your first could have been low and the next few higher, making it look like nothing happened. Instead, remove the variable focus item from your toon and cast it and see what mana you used versus the actual cost.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

Voragath wrote:
Goranothos wrote:Back to SCM4, I bought it yesterday, making note of how much mana cost my Bolt and Rumbling Servant was before and after buying SCM4. They didn't change. Now, it has been so many years since I bought SCM3, I can't remember exactly how SCM works. Are we supposed to see a change in the mana cost when we click on the spell gem, or does that number only take into account the mana savings of whatever mana reduction item(s) we happen to be wearing?
I'm not sure what you are asking here but the spell gem data shouldn't change at all. You see the reduction in the mana used on your bar. And, even after buying it, your gear probably has a focus on it and that one is variable so you might not notice the change if you only do a few shots because your first could have been low and the next few higher, making it look like nothing happened. Instead, remove the variable focus item from your toon and cast it and see what mana you used versus the actual cost.
Oh. :oops:
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Goranothos wrote:
Voragath wrote:
Oh. :oops:
I know how you feel. One day, I'll remember to remove that EM8 focus when I summon a pet for parse....
Danille

Post by Danille »

Tier 1 Feerrot
[ ]1 -An Expedition Gone Awry
[ ]2 -Uncover the Truth
[ ]3 -A Cursed Cure
[ ]4 -Fall of the Tae Ew --Mission

Tier 1 House of Thule (Lower)
[ ]1 -The Beast of Rot
[ ]2 -The Beast of the Unknown
[ ]3 -The Beast of Rage
[ ]4 -The Beast of Horror
[ ]5 -Welcome to my Nightmare --Mission

Tier 2 The Grounds
[ ]1 -Giladran's Assistant
[ ]2 -What a Mess
[ ]3 -It Only gets Worse
[ ]4 -The Gardener--Mission

Tier 2 The Library
[ ]1 -Interview with a Scholar
[ ]2 -History of the World part 2
[ ]3 -Book fo Secrets
[ ]4 -Stuff of Dreams --Mission

Tier 2 The Well
[ ]1 -Down in the Hole
[ ]2 -All Alone
[ ]3 -At Peace I will Be
[ ]4 -No Freedom in Death - Mission

Tier 2 Erudin Burning
[ ]1 -Heretics Among us
[ ]2 -The Fallen Citidel
[ ]3 -Erudin's Apocalypse
[ ]4 -The Destroyer's Den
[ ]5 -Raiders of the Scared Tomes
[ ]6 -The Illuminating Truth --Mission

Tier 3 House of Thule, Upper Floors
[ ]1 -Morzad Chronicle-Argan's Memoir
[ ]2 -Morzad Chronicle-Abbit's Betrayal
[ ]3 -Morzad Chronicle-Never Trust a Morzad
[ ]4 -Morzad Chronicle-Dead or Alive or Other
[ ]5 -Morzad Chronicle-The Morzad Controntation
[ ]6 -Redemption --Mission

Tier 3 Akabor's Nightmare
[ ]1 -The Rivervale Ruins
[ ]2 -Wastelands of Everfrost
[ ]3 -Faydarks Shadow
[ ]4 -Catastrophic Power --Mission

Tier 3 Miragul's Nightmare
[ ]1 -Please Release Me
[ ]2 -Prisoner of the Portal
[ ]3 -Sword of Shadows
[ ]4 -Beauty Lost
[ ]5 -Such a Prankster
[ ]6 -Miragul's Vendetta -- Mission

Tier 3 Fear Itself
[ ]1 -Bite of the Beast
[ ]2 -Follower of Fear
[ ]3 -At the Alter of Fear
[ ]4 -An Offering to Thule --Mission

Tier 4 Morrell's Castle
[ ]1 -Satyrical Riddles
[ ]2 -Pookah Safari
[ ]3 -Pirate's Blues
[ ]4 -A Few Buckets of Sand
[ ]5 -Suspiciously Sweet Treats
[ ]6 -The Staff Retreat
[ ]7 -Hippity Hoppity Kill Bugs --Mission

Tier 4 Sanctum Somnium
[ ]1 -Morell's Sanctuary
[ ]2 -Dreamland Assault
[ ]3 -The key to the Tower
[ ]4 -Me Gold
[ ]5 -Stash and Go
[ ]6 -Morell's Challenge -Mission
Foaaniel
Magician

Post by Foaaniel »

Now that HoT is out and running ....

My Question: So what are the HoT MUST HAVE spellss /aa ??

I ask this question because u can pick your spells as wher in past expansion u got /random spells/ aa

86:
87:
88:
89:
90:

thanks
In the time of chimpanzees i was a monkey .....and Curious george is my long lost brother