Weave for HoT

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Failcon
Conjurer

Re: Weave for HoT

Post by Failcon »

Solo'd many named mobs and used RS, Bolt, Fickle and Spear. I had to up subulty up to near max, but once done pet held agro with pet taunt off so the RS was able to grab agro easier. Drape of shadows drops both caster and pet agro, which can lead to ugly mess if hit at the wrong time, but nowhere near as bad as the fade built into Summon Companion. Care needs to be used when trying to drop agro/hate with these. The fade built into Summon Companion, seems to have issues with it, have seen agro go all types of funky.

May the elements guide and protect you.
nylrem
Elementalist

Post by nylrem »

With max spell casting subtlety, I never pulled agro using RS, spear, bolt, fickle while soloing. And, I was using air pet, with the fire proccing sword mainhand, and the jolting proc (agro reduction proc) in secondary hand. The jolt proc assisted in allowing the second and third RS pets take and keep agro, but still, with max spell casting subtlety, we stay pretty low on the hate list.

However, I never hit twincast until the second RS pet had been cast, but doing that, never had any issues with agro.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

nylrem wrote:With max spell casting subtlety, I never pulled agro using RS, spear, bolt, fickle while soloing. And, I was using air pet, with the fire proccing sword mainhand, and the jolting proc (agro reduction proc) in secondary hand. The jolt proc assisted in allowing the second and third RS pets take and keep agro, but still, with max spell casting subtlety, we stay pretty low on the hate list.

However, I never hit twincast until the second RS pet had been cast, but doing that, never had any issues with agro.
It never even occurred to me to use the jolt swords to help RS pets get aggro. That's kinda brilliant.