Progression

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Re: Progression

Post by Malleria »

Erudin Burning

Weligon Steelherder:
* Heretics Among Us
* The Fallen Citadel

General Arbin Derrex:
* Erudin's Apocalypse
* The Destroyers' Den

Spirit of Erud:
* Raiders of the Sacred Tomes

* Mission: The Illuminating Truth (Either Spirit of Erud or the General gives this, I forget which)
Last edited by Malleria on Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Finished "Mission: Fall of the Tae Ew" last night. Really really easy task, and decent reward at the end: 6% regular XP for me at 87, a spell shard, and an item (we got the EM 5 focus earring).

Basically there are 4 small temples outside the entrance to cazic thule. Each temple has 5 Tae Ew on it. The "first" 4 steps of the task are to clear all the Tae Ew off the temples (4 steps, each saying "clear the first temple (0/5)", "clear the second temple (0/5)", etc). and then once you clear a temple an Amy Knight guardian (forget the exact name) spawns on top. The "second" 4 steps are to kill these guardians.

The order is actually staggered, so it's "clear the first temple" followed by "kill the guardian of the first temple". However if you care about the challenge achievements you'll want to kill all of the Tae Ew first and then do all the guardians at once since there is an achievement for killing all 4 guardians in 4 minutes or less.

After the guardians are down a named and two guards come out of Cazic Thule and set up on the ramp. Guards are mezzable and I think they can also be pacified with the 85 version. However the guards and named are close enough together that you'll likely at least get one guard even with paci. The first named can cast a single target fear (one person in my group said it was a charm, but when it hit me all I did was run away). After that named and the two guards are dead you get to repeat the process twice with more named with two guards each. After this named and his guards are dead you get a final named (no guards). Once he's dead a chest pops on the ramp into cazic and you win.

All Tae Ew and the guards for the named were blue to an 87, and all of the temple guardians and named were yellow. Nothing hit especially hard, and my pet even tanked one of the named from cazic thule since the chanter missed the message that our tank was afk and pulled anyway. All named from Cazic Thule do enrage, but none of the temple guardians do. You can get challenge achievements for killing all 4 temple guardians in under 4 minutes, for finishing the mission in under 45 minutes, and for finishing the mission with no deaths. With a full group (Pally, Cleric, Necro, Mage, Chanter, Shammy, all 86-88) it took us an hour.

Also this seems to be a great mission for two boxers w/mercs, since in the temple clearing the most you get is 2 mobs (unless you're really unobservant while pulling) and everything here is decently easy. The only hard part might be the named with their two guards if you can't split/root/mez them.

Edit: For the Cliff Notes version, here's a paraphrasing of the task steps:

[trow][tcell]Clear the Tae Ew from the first temple (0/5)[/tcell][/trow][trow][tcell]Defeat the guardian of the first temple[/tcell][/trow][trow][tcell]Clear the Tae Ew from the second temple (0/5)[/tcell][/trow][trow][tcell]Defeat the guardian of the second temple[/tcell][/trow][trow][tcell]Clear the Tae Ew from the third temple (0/5)[/tcell][/trow][trow][tcell]Defeat the guardian of the third temple[/tcell][/trow][trow][tcell]Clear the Tae Ew from the fourth temple (0/5)[/tcell][/trow][trow][tcell]Defeat the guardian of the fourth temple[/tcell][/trow][trow][tcell]Defeat <some named mob>[/tcell][/trow] [trow][tcell]Defeat <some named mob>'s guards[/tcell][/trow][trow][tcell]Defeat <some other named mob>[/tcell][/trow][trow][tcell]Defeat <some other named mob>'s guards[/tcell][/trow][trow][tcell]Defeat <some other named mob>[/tcell][/trow][trow][tcell]Defeat <some other named mob>'s guards[/tcell][/trow][trow][tcell]Defeat <some final named mob>[/tcell][/trow][trow][tcell]Open the chest to see what phat lewtz you just won[/tcell][/trow]

Edit: And now I feel like a dummy because Sarenot posted the short version of this several posts back, and I even REPLIED to it with questions, and just didn't remember. See what quitting smoking does to you kids? Makes your brain stop working for a month.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Found this link elsewhere, it's basically a copy of what Rasper has done. Nice details about the pre-tasks and progression missions. It's not complete, but being updated a lot, so a good tool to use:

http://zoywiki.com/index.php/HoT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Pretty nice little wiki there, but seems to defeat the purpose of using the wiki format if you don't allow others to edit it. I found an error to correct within a few minutes but couldn't, and didn't even see a way to create an account so that I might be able to. Still, good stuff up there.
Jedis
Administrator

Post by Jedis »

Merlaina wrote:Pretty nice little wiki there, but seems to defeat the purpose of using the wiki format if you don't allow others to edit it. I found an error to correct within a few minutes but couldn't, and didn't even see a way to create an account so that I might be able to. Still, good stuff up there.
Agree. I tried to create a new account, but the owner has it locked down:
Special:UserLogin
You do not have permission to create this user account, for the following reason:
The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Administrators.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Well he/she did leave a contact in-game and a request for help. It's not like you could edit raspers site, so not much different :P
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Malleria wrote:Well he/she did leave a contact in-game and a request for help. It's not like you could edit raspers site, so not much different :P
True. I guess it's just that when you present something as a wiki, particularly using the same software that runs wikipedia, you expect to be able to edit it. That's the whole point of a wiki. Rasper's isn't a wiki, it's just a web site. I can understand using a wiki to manage the site since they're just very easy to work with and organize, it's just a little unusual.