Progression

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
nylrem
Elementalist

Progression

Post by nylrem »

Since Rasper is holding off on publishing all he knows (which is an incredible amount, incredibly hard working guy!), gonna post a little bit of what I have seen to assist with peeps gettin started, but I haven't personally done any of these.

Most of the quests/missions are supposed to be able to be completed within 30 to 90 min, however, the group gear/composition when testing these was usually completed by peeps boxing them at level 90, in UF raid gear or higher, so take all that with a grain of salt. It also seems that unlike the past couple expansions, you have to have completed some of the previous tier/zone quests in order to request some of the higher tier/zone missions, I'm not very clear on what all the prerequisites are, so please only take this as a loose guide, and please update/add to this as we find out more info :)

FEERROTT -
Rupkerr near zoneline to RM on western wall gives
Quest: An Expedition Gone Awry
Quest: Uncovering the Truth
Quest: A Cursed Cure
Mission: Fall of the Tae Ew

HOUSE OF THULE (LOWER) -
Researcher Breoro just inside the house gives
Quest: The Beast of Rot
Quest: The Beast of the Unknown
Quest: The Beast of the Rage
Quest: The Beast of Horror
Mission: Welcome to my Nightmare

THE HOUSE OF THULE (UPPER) -
Abbit Scribbleetch (+361, -98) gives
Quest: Argon's Memoir
Quest: Abbit's Betrayal
Quest: Never Trust a Morzad
Quest: Dead or Alive or Other
Quest: The Morzad Confrontation
Lilth (a banshee) gives
Mission: Redemption

THE GROUNDS -
Giladan the Botanist gives
Quest: Giladan's Assistant
Quest: What a Mess
Quest: It Only Gets Worse
Gardener Aerhit gives
Mission 1: The Gardener
Barkley gives
Mission 2: Mashing Pumpkins

THE LIBRARY -
Taryln Caelith gives a bonus mission that is T4 toughness/loot (1500+ h/m/e)
Mission: Moment of Clarity
supposedly boss at end has 37.5k AE on max shielded tank, casts about every 8 sec, but if have cleric on other side of wall out of AE LoS, is doable

Mission: The Stuff of Dreams (may have been removed)

THE WELL -
Dtaeml gives
Quest: Down in the Hole
Quest: All Alone
Quest: At Peace I will Be
Traelphor gives
Quest: All is Not Forgotten (part 1)
Quest: All is Not Forgotten (part 2)
Groundskeeper Seamus gives
Mission 1: What Lies Below
Mission 2: No Freedom In Death

Please don't kill me for any incorrect info, but do post corrections/updates/insight :)
working on rest now
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Re: Progression

Post by Piemastaj »

Feerrott: I was able to molo all of the non-group tasks with a mix of Tower/T6 UF raid gear. Group task can probably be duoed, need single pulls though.

House of Thule Lower: Make sure you request all 4 tasks together as some of them overlap with mob placement. Group task was an easy duo for me and a mage friend, need to pay attention to Named weaknesses in the group task.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Conjem
Arch Mage

Post by Conjem »

Piemastaj wrote:Feerrott: I was able to molo all of the non-group tasks with a mix of Tower/T6 UF raid gear. Group task can probably be duoed, need single pulls though.

House of Thule Lower: Make sure you request all 4 tasks together as some of them overlap with mob placement. Group task was an easy duo for me and a mage friend, need to pay attention to Named weaknesses in the group task.
House of Thule Lower solo tasks can be molo'd, too. I did it with a group gear betabuff [5k AA, though]. Pacify works in the group mission for trivial pulls. I did the group mission with 2 mages, 1 necro, 1 cleric, 1 T5 merc healer, and 1 dead DPS merc the owner never revived. The members were half asleep and killed 3 mini named and a roamer with ease when we forgot to pacify.

All my beta testing was after 1AM so groups were virtually impossible to find.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Just did "A Tearable Fear" with my mage, box bard, and 2 cleric mercs. Bard was 85 and mage was 86. Not too bad. Some things are tricky. It's also an instance, hehe. You get this from Rupkurr. I just followed whatever text he said to me and this was the quest I ended up with.

There are 3 steps to find undead. Then you kill 4 undead. They will aggro other animals when pulled. They can usually be single pulled without assists if you are patient and watch the pathing.

When you turn in the stuff to Cyndreela (sp?), she will stun you, blind you, and port you and your group to Rupkurr (in the instance).

There's a step that says to kill some mobs from the portal then destroy the portals. This is whack. You really only need to kill 4 mobs. Here's how to do it without killing more and adding more time:
Move the group close to the portal (same areas the undead were). Be ready before you move to next portal because when you get task update, first mob runs through it after you. Engage it. Shortly, about 45s I think (I didn't time it), another mob spawns and adds, and then a 3rd. When all 3 are dead, a boss mob spawns. The boss isn't much tougher but will have tricks up their sleeves. I remember one feared. Killing the boss mob destroys the portal. It will help if you clear around the zl to innothule, clear the ramp to thule and the surrounding pyramids, and the gorilla area by rupkurr. I killed the animals by rupkurr to get the fear essences whihc saved me a step in clearing so I got lucky there.

If you don't kill the mobs one after another in succession, they'll keep spawning. At the first portal I killed 6 mobs before the boss because I single pulled them all. The last 3 I fought in succession and then the named came out. I fought them all in succession at the next two portals and only had 4 mobs to kill each.

Cyndreela at the end was a real pushover, so don't stress it.

Reward for me and another group was a +5 Hint/Hwis, 135 mana/end/130hp aug and a rune for a spell. These were in a chest so only one person is gonna get the rune. Rune was for an 86 level spell, minor dreamshard fragment or something.

Enjoy!
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Did that same task last night and in our chest we got the 89 dreamshard and a weapon aug (I think it was 6 damage, 2 BS damage, any 1H weapon). Also you get an achievement both for no one dying, and for killing Cinderella in under 75 seconds (we had it in under 35 I think, so not that hard to do, but we were pretty DPS heavy).
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Merlaina wrote:Did that same task last night and in our chest we got the 89 dreamshard and a weapon aug (I think it was 6 damage, 2 BS damage, any 1H weapon). Also you get an achievement both for no one dying, and for killing Cinderella in under 75 seconds (we had it in under 35 I think, so not that hard to do, but we were pretty DPS heavy).
What? An achievement for no dying? I need to double check then because I think I got ripped off, I only saw for the 75s kill. And that sucks on the rune, was hoping to farm this one, now that I know what's going on, for the 86 rk 2's. ><

Crappy parse data here for you to look at. I didn't have everything turned on so take this with a gallon of salt.

Cyndreela on 10/12/2010 in 65sec

Total
--- DMG: 587907 (100%) @ 9045 dps (9045 sdps)

Voragath
--- DMG: 270393 (45.99%) @ 4225 dps (4160 sdps)

Voragath`s pet
--- DMG: 195199 (33.2%) @ 3253 dps (3003 sdps)

Kasekab (Voragath)
--- DMG: 122315 (20.81%) @ 1882 dps (1882 sdps)

Special: 7: 7th yr vet G: Glyph K: Kiss S: Staunch X: Slain $: Saved by DI
Produced by GamParse v1.0.3

Fearful Specter cast: Dread Pulse and Touch of Fear (pets are NOT immune to this fear and that sucked)
Terror Unleashed cast: Breath of Night and Mana Fright
Blackbones cast: Darkbolt
Cyndreela cast: Devouring Soul and Soul Devour
Sarenot
Magician

Post by Sarenot »

HOT mission is a joke atm. We did it in a standard guild grp (tower geared) and beat it with no deaths and within time trial duration. Basically just kill a succession of easy mobs, loot chest. 6% xp, shard, random loot (we got an attunable ROG only dagger)
Sarenot
Magician

Post by Sarenot »

The progression mission for Feerot (given by Rupkerr after prequests) is also easy, but best to take a puller or cc.

Kill 25 mobs (blue con lizards)
Kill 5 amagdylan mobs (yellow at 87)
Kill 3 sets of Yellow con named lizards with 2 guards each. These stun
Kill Terror Lord - seems to have single target fear/charm

All in all very easy, might be good for lesson burn, we did it in just over30 min.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Sarenot wrote:The progression mission for Feerot (given by Rupkerr after prequests) is also easy, but best to take a puller or cc.

Kill 25 mobs (blue con lizards)
Kill 5 amagdylan mobs (yellow at 87)
Kill 3 sets of Yellow con named lizards with 2 guards each. These stun
Kill Terror Lord - seems to have single target fear/charm

All in all very easy, might be good for lesson burn, we did it in just over30 min.
I'm just 7 undead frogs away from being able to request this and was thinking I would try boxing this with my chanter and some mercs. Got several questions for you about this:

1 - How hard would this be to CoH pull?
2 - Any info on when the task locks?
3 - Are the yellow con lizards with guards splittable from their guards?
4 - What rewards do you get besides the progression?

Also, did the other mission from Rupkerr again last night, got the level 90 dreamshard and a shield usable by most classes (most importantly us) that had some decent stats. 950ish HME, 155 AC, don't remember the rest of the stats.

Edit: found it on Allah - Shield of Spiteful Dreams
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

I also wanted to add that the task "Quest: A Cursed Cure" (3rd solo progression task for Feerrott) is $$$. You kill lizards until you get 4 journal pages (they're pretty common drops off of them), combine them in a book, take the book back to the quest giver, go click a scroll at the waterfall in the north of the zone, and then kill 10 undead frogloks in the NE of the zone. Then run back and turn in. And then you get 8 AA at 100% AA. :shock: It is also repeatable, but I'm not sure if there is a request lockout timer or not. Some of the other tasks give similar level rewards (the alchemist one I think is also 8ish AA) but none are as easy for this level of reward.