Epic ornamention box quest

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Andorrabell
Elementalist

Re: Epic ornamention box quest

Post by Andorrabell »

Here's a query- will adding the ornamentation make it a lightsource and bork the LS charm? :)
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Well, my guess is no on the light source since the ornaments are only cosmetic. I guess you can find out when they go live. The ornamentation is removable so if you equip one, if they ever go live, and it makes it a light source, you can just remove it. You get an infinite supply of ornamentations as well.
Stephen51

Post by Stephen51 »

Just pretend I have no idea about the tasks you are talking about, where can I get some more info on them?
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

They aren't in the game yet, not even on test.
Nylrem0fTest

Post by Nylrem0fTest »

As another answer to stephan51, there was an ornamentation quest that was being worked on for a while in Beta HoT to enable each class to get a clicky to summon an ornamentation that looked like your epic 1.0 and/or 2.0. Unfortunately SoE made the person working on it (Dzarnn, I think a summer intern at the time? or something) change his priorities to housing issues because they were 'more important'. He was doing an incredible job, incorporating a lot of lore from the epic quests for each class, but unfortunately it was just taking too much time according to SoE.
Adonhiram
Conjurer

Post by Adonhiram »

The whole aborted attempt at epic ornamentation quests is somehow illogical imho ; if it implied that much work, to an extend it was abandonned to reorient development ressources towards housing in HoT, than why not having invested these ressources on epic 3.0 quests instead, which would bring much more to the playerbase ?
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Because a 3.0 quest is harder to do than what was being done for the ornamentation series. The ornamentation was taking him a while because of the richness of the lore detail going in...that said the ornamentation quest will be finished according to the SOE forums (prior to the outage there were posts to that effect).
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Adonhiram wrote:The whole aborted attempt at epic ornamentation quests is somehow illogical imho ; if it implied that much work, to an extend it was abandonned to reorient development ressources towards housing in HoT, than why not having invested these ressources on epic 3.0 quests instead, which would bring much more to the playerbase ?
No, they are phrasing it wrong and making you think of it backwards. To put it another way: they were behind on the housing and needed all hands on deck for it and it was just ONE guy working on the epics. Dzarnn and no one else. They had several people already working on houses. My guess is that housing was more important because they can sell stuff through the $tation $tore. Dzarnn was cranking out almost 2 epics a week, while still tweaking the ones already finished.

To make the 3.0's it would take more than the resources it took to make houses. Epics have been abandoned because of the amount of time required because they take raids. The ornamentations were simple quests that could be solo'd extremely easily.
Adonhiram
Conjurer

Post by Adonhiram »

I see, thanks for the "historical" background :-)