Burnout IX issue

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Mindrix
Conjurer

Re: Burnout IX issue

Post by Mindrix »

Was True in SoF and I believe SoD as well. This normally happens. Though rank 2 not being an upgrade is a little new. But damage mods aren't as much as people think, this would require a lot of parsing to actually prove a difference. In sum, if you have rank 3 from SoD, I wouldn't necessarily use the new burnout until you get 2. lvl 90 rank 3, obviously.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

This isn't the only spell we got like that - I listed a bunch of them in the other thread.

From the other thread, in addition to burnout:

Checking Alla's (which may not have the right data yet of course), Earthen Stance RK3 beats RK1 of the HoT upgrade. At least this time the RK2 beats the RK3 of the prior expansion where in previous times it did not.

RK3 of the SOD malo line is better than the RK1 HOT upgrade, and the same as the RK2 of the HOT upgrade in resists but still better in the spell damage modifier.

Shield of the Void RK3 is better than Shield of Dreams RK1.

I stopped analyzing things at that point...
Failcon
Conjurer

Post by Failcon »

That is commonly how it is, most RK 3 spells have out paced RK 1 in the past. Just be happy some of the up buffs at RK1 are actually full upgrades.

May the elements guide and protect you.
Sarenot
Magician

Post by Sarenot »

Yea, the Rk 1 spells I am not concerned about.. they have always for the most part lagged behind the Rk 3 spells of previous expansion. However at Rank 2, we should see an improvement, or at least no downgrade.

I know in Beta Aristo was asking people to report spells that were weaker at Rk 1 than the previous Rk 3s. I know some classes got their spells upgraded. I was going to check the beta forums but apparently they are already down.

Edit: I think it might be important to clarify something: the main reason I would like to see every Rk2 spell be an upgrade or at least on par is that otherwise, people in mid-tier guilds like myself will be spending most of their time in HOT using their SOD spells. This takes out a huge portion of the 'fun factor' of a new expansion, as personally speaking new spells are one of the main things I keep levelling up for :) (the proverbial carrot so to speak). Knowing that the grind will only be rewarded after we also beat the raids is a downer, and I think adds even more frustration to being a mid-tier guild (we already have our fair share I believe everytime a new expansion comes out).
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Sarenot wrote: Edit: I think it might be important to clarify something: the main reason I would like to see every Rk2 spell be an upgrade or at least on par is that otherwise, people in mid-tier guilds like myself will be spending most of their time in HOT using their SOD spells. This takes out a huge portion of the 'fun factor' of a new expansion, as personally speaking new spells are one of the main things I keep levelling up for :) (the proverbial carrot so to speak). Knowing that the grind will only be rewarded after we also beat the raids is a downer, and I think adds even more frustration to being a mid-tier guild (we already have our fair share I believe everytime a new expansion comes out).
Agreed. I'm in a guild that has recently been farming the tower but hasn't quite got any of the UF raids down yet, so we likely won't be seeing any HoT Rk 3 spells for a while, though we have most of our SoD Rk 3s. HoT rk2 should definitely be an upgrade. I was happy to see that the new bolt, even at rank 1, is competitive with the SoD bolt even at rk 3 and with my faycite shard. It's kinda fun for now having two bolts to weave. :) Other spells however I bought and then went "Now why did I bother?" Shield of dreams won't even overwrite shield of the void rk 3, and I only use spell malo for raid bosses (otherwise AA malo is fine) and that's mostly for the magic damage mod. I guess the new burnout lasts longer? Maybe that's a reason to use it? Bleh.
Failcon
Conjurer

Post by Failcon »

I feel you. I have bought only a partial bit of my spells open, why waste plat on spells I won't use. We need to be happy though, they upgraded a few of those spells from whet they were first on Beta. We asked for them to be an upgrade and they were. While wanting total numbers to be better than old, it is important tounderstand they don't apply bonuses in to the formula (not everyone gets them). also, it is very easy now to upgrade your spells to Rk.2, i mean you not only are guaranteed a dream fragment every mission, occationally on names, and ultra rare on trash, but you get to pick the spell you get (some spells gome 2 at a time).

It honestly is not worth complaining about when in a month or less from now, most of us will have all our lower level spells and depending on progression, be well on our way to getting the higher ones.

FYI the mission in House of Thule zone -Welcome to my Nightmare - Is rather easy to farm, gives nice xp and faction needed for higher spells. My guild is farming it and some of use have 2-4 rk,2s already (plus taskadding those for progression so you seem like a hero, j/k).

May the elements guide and protect you.
Crystilla

Post by Crystilla »

I ran the spell parser on yesterday's spells_us file and here's what I'm actually showing. There still shows an issue (even though these figures are different from the figures folks were listing above for Burnout IX. Lucy and Alla haven't caught up yet with changes in many cases I've found.

Summary - will put this under Aristo's nose. He thought he might still be be able to make changes today for the next patch.

[26737/7311] Burnout IX
Classes: MAG/86
Mana: 336
Target: Pet
Range: 100
Beneficial: Blockable
Casting: 4.5s, Recast: 1.5s
Duration: 01:00:00 (600 ticks), Extend: Yes
2: Increase Hit Damage by 12%
3: Increase STR by 144
4: Increase Melee Haste by 85%
5: Increase ATK by 102
6: Increase AC by 47

[26738/7311] Burnout IX Rk. II
Mana: 383
2: Increase Hit Damage by 13%
3: Increase STR by 164
5: Increase ATK by 115
6: Increase AC by 53

[26739/7311] Burnout IX Rk. III
Mana: 408
2: Increase Hit Damage by 14%
3: Increase STR by 175
5: Increase ATK by 124
6: Increase AC by 57

AND

[18769/7211] Burnout VIII Rk. III
Classes: MAG/81
Mana: 371
Casting: 6s, Recast: 1.5s
2: Increase Hit Damage by 14%
3: Increase STR by 159
5: Increase ATK by 103
6: Increase AC by 47
Infuses your elemental companion with energy, increasing their damage, attack speed, attack rating, armor class, and strength.
Crystilla
EQ Community Leader
Valorguard of Erollisi Marr
Crystilla

Post by Crystilla »

svenalo wrote:This isn't the only spell we got like that - I listed a bunch of them in the other thread.

From the other thread, in addition to burnout:

Checking Alla's (which may not have the right data yet of course), Earthen Stance RK3 beats RK1 of the HoT upgrade. At least this time the RK2 beats the RK3 of the prior expansion where in previous times it did not.

RK3 of the SOD malo line is better than the RK1 HOT upgrade, and the same as the RK2 of the HOT upgrade in resists but still better in the spell damage modifier.

Shield of the Void RK3 is better than Shield of Dreams RK1.

I stopped analyzing things at that point...
I've got the spells_us file if anyone wants to look up stuff, but I have been looking up these as a double check. FYI, Lucy and Alla have not yet fully up to date info so I wouldn't suggest using it.

Malo = sent this to Aristo just now
Shield of the Void = sent to Aristo
Earthen stance = Sent to Aristo.
Crystilla
EQ Community Leader
Valorguard of Erollisi Marr
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Is that a parser Crystilla or just a file of data you are offering, Crystilla? If it's a parser, I wouldn't mind having it.

But that's what Lucy has and I fail to see where something is broken. The only difference is that the HoT spell kept the 12/13/14 % dmg increase. Seems to be consistent to me in that it doesn't out do our aura which it never has. Well, ok, was 1% over once but that's almost negligible. But since they kept the exact same %'s, it seems to me that's the max they wanna go with that. The ONLY way to fix it is to make all HoT ranks do 14%, that would give the groupers the raid bonus (meh to me) but the devs may not bite on that.
Crystilla

Post by Crystilla »

Sorry about that. I didn't realize folks were comparing rank 2's to anything (just reread it). Every other comparison done on the EQLive forums for mages and other classes were rank 1 of new to rank 3 of old. That said, there still were issues and Aristo has this now.

The elitegamers forum has a spell parser that works good and so that's what I used to read the spells/AA/type 3 file and get the data read. You can get the parser itself from that new website and use it, or I can send the .txt output file (it's 7 megs unzipped) with what's currently on live servers.