Change to Jolting Blade

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Sarenot
Magician

Change to Jolting Blade

Post by Sarenot »

I tried parsing Jolting Blades today after the patch .. and they seem to do nothing at all. No damage proc , only the aggro reduction. No point to pets losing aggro since they cant gain any in the first place on a raid, and for solo work, is this really intended to let RS tank? I would much rather we had kept the 2301 damage proc and lost the aggro reducer, seemed to be a much more valuable pet weapon especially for raids.
Bastler
Conjurer

Re: Change to Jolting Blade

Post by Bastler »

Thats why we have 5 different weapons now instead of 4?
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Jolting blade was never intended to have a damage proc on it. It was always supposed to be strictly aggro reduction, so for example you could throw it on a water pet while someone else threw the hate blades on an earth or air pet and let the water pet go to town. Or, as has been pointed out, it's great for shedding some aggro so RS pets can help share the tanking burden. As I understood it the damage proc was a typo: instead of adding a 2K aggro reduction they added a 2K damage proc. Oops.

Don't get me wrong, I loved them when they had the 2K proc, but it was never intended. However you can certainly argue that we need higher damage proc pet weapons than what we have....
Sarenot
Magician

Post by Sarenot »

Ok, in that context it makes sense.

So who will start new thread: 'Please give us raid pet weapons ?'

:lol:
Failcon
Conjurer

Post by Failcon »

On raid these can be rather useful. It was stated in an earlier thread, pets build huge agro. This can be very bad on raids, the main tank gets knocked back, needs to move mob and the list goes on. When he/she moves out of melée there is a good chance on a long fight that the pet will actually be the highest on hate list, thus the mob does not follow the tank. The pet cannot hold agro over PCs, so next PC on hate list gets the agro... Splat! There goes at least one melée DPS (not that I mind). Depending on the mob and melée depends on how many get eaten, reducing guild DPS, and further smurfing off even more people who actually know what is going on.

May the elements guide and protect you.
Molak

Post by Molak »

These are definately good on raids.

Lets be clear though, no pet weapons will significantly impact your dps.

In fact unless stuffs changed since my beta parsing you wont even notice you have equipped pet weapons in your parses.
Sashnia of AB
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Molak wrote:These are definately good on raids.

Lets be clear though, no pet weapons will significantly impact your dps.

In fact unless stuffs changed since my beta parsing you wont even notice you have equipped pet weapons in your parses.
True. DPS of new HoT weapons is approximately 40 dps. We are so OP :roll: Actually, I think all of our weapons, except jolt, should be working like the pre-nerf jolting blades were. 100 dps is much more like the power increase they should be. At 40 dps, they are nothing but eye candy. Except jolt and rage, of course, as they actually have a function.
Failcon
Conjurer

Post by Failcon »

Pet weapons are a joke if you are looking for dps. I have a question though. What pet are you parsing the weapons with? I have wondered many times if air pets do better with monk weapons make a difference. Only used defiant monk weapons and never tried to parse them.

Also if you want per melee dps, use defiant weapons. Due to the stat bonuses and Mod2s, and last I noticed (can't verify right now) they have better base dmg and so better delays.

May the elements guide and protect you.
Mindrix
Conjurer

Post by Mindrix »

Dex is the only thing that would help proc rates on the pets. Or Bard Fierce Eye.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Mindrix wrote:Dex is the only thing that would help proc rates on the pets. Or Bard Fierce Eye.
I'd also like to add that you should look at all the weapons together. You'll notice that they are all the same but just different graphics and procs. There is the exception that Jolting Mindblade has a higher base dmg.