spell vendor faction

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

spell vendor faction

Post by Goranothos »

I seem to remember reading somewhere that faction is required to turn in the dream fragments for the level 89 and 90 rank 2 spells. Is this true, and, if so, how do I work my faction up with the rank 2 spell vendor? I had no trouble getting my 86 spells from her, but I haven't leveled up past 86 yet, though I plan to soon.
dorfillya
Conjurer

Re: spell vendor faction

Post by dorfillya »

Increase your faction by completing tasks and missions to earn dream motes. There is a vendor there that requires faction to buy nicer items, but I am not sure the spell lady uses faction.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

dorfillya wrote:I am not sure the spell lady uses faction.
Can anyone confirm or deny that the rank 2 spell vendor requires a certain faction level for the 89 and 90 dream fragment turn-ins?

This is the vendor I am speaking of:

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=35718" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Danille

Post by Danille »

Goranothos wrote:
dorfillya wrote:I am not sure the spell lady uses faction.
Can anyone confirm or deny that the rank 2 spell vendor requires a certain faction level for the 89 and 90 dream fragment turn-ins?

This is the vendor I am speaking of:

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=35718" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By the time I looted my first 89-90 dream fragment I was able to request the mission to complete the tradein for my spell selection. Now one thing for sure, I had only completed the six group progression missions and none of the solo ones. So if there is a faction requirement, it must be trival.
Daiou
Conjurer

Post by Daiou »

From Raspers
Rank 2
Rank 2 spells are obtained from Kaelynn in The Feerrott in exchange for Dream Fragments. These fragments are tradable and drop commonly from nameds across the expansion, Minor for level 86, Lesser for level 87, Median for level 88, Greater for level 89, and Glowing for level 90. You will need indifferent faction to get the task to turn in the level 89 and 90 versions.
I can confirm this, did the Feerrott Tasks and mission in the first week and the chest droped me a 89 shard. At that time i had only minor, lesser and median tasks to choose from. I was in Grounds when i got another shard and rechecked, was able to get my 89 rk2 at that time.

Edit: After rereading i think a few words stayed in my head on the first post, i blame lack of coffee!
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

And for the RK3's you will need amiable faction - mob for those is in Grounds and the drops are from raids.
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

I'm pretty sure Rasper's is correct. When you first go to the Rk.2 vendor and request the spell tasks for turn-in, there are only 3 choices (86, 87, 88) to pick. So you must do some tasks, get faction, etc.

On a side note, all 10 of the single tasks are moloable by a mage.

http://home.comcast.net/~mathadon/Guide ... uests.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Crystilla

Post by Crystilla »

Yeah. If I remember it correct, to get the faction to indifferent for seeing the 89/90 rank 2 options and buy stuff off the faction vendor, you need a combination of:

Either 5 progression missions OR
10 non progression quests/missions OR
20 kill tasks

And you can mix/match those. Was something like that in how they valued the 3 types of missions they had in game.
Crystilla
EQ Community Leader
Valorguard of Erollisi Marr
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

It definitely didn't take long to get to indifferent...nor amiable.
Failcon
Conjurer

Post by Failcon »

Faction in HoT is a joke if you do the missions. I missed two weeks on cause of a trip, and took a week off, for me, and I have nearly ally faction. Doesn't take alot if you do missions.

May the elements guide and protect you.