Where are people moloing in HoT?

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Danille

Where are people moloing in HoT?

Post by Danille »

Everywhere! :?
svenalo
Arch Magus

Re: Where are people moloing in HoT?

Post by svenalo »

Pretty much everywhere yep.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Pretty much anywhere I can get singles, yes. I'm partial to the shellscale area right before the pirate ship. Mostly easy single pulls. Not sure if any named are in that area though. I certainly haven't seen any. I also box A Moment of Clarity pretty often, since it has nice high level humanoid mobs for a chance at silk and pelt drops. Plus I'm still trying for the aug at the end.
Falino-Luclin
Elementalist

Post by Falino-Luclin »

I use my bard and box the Welcome to My Nightmare (HoT Lower) and Redemption (HoT Upper) missions regularly for exp. Both are super quick with that setup and offer good exp for the time investment. Fall of Tae Ew is easy as well, but takes slightly longer than the others. Catostrophic Power and Miragul's Nightmare aren't too bad either.

Most of the progression missions have had their exp fixed inside the mission, so combine the mobs actually giving a noticeable amount of exp now with the reward at the end, they seem to be the best source of exp, especially the short ones.

I don't really solo/molo much as I have boxes available (and need to get them exp too), but I really have had no issues pet tanking just about anything that I've attempted so far. Though I did get smoked by a named bug in Alkabor's Nightmare the other day.
Danille

Post by Danille »

Merlaina wrote:Pretty much anywhere I can get singles, yes. I'm partial to the shellscale area right before the pirate ship. Mostly easy single pulls. Not sure if any named are in that area though. I certainly haven't seen any. I also box A Moment of Clarity pretty often, since it has nice high level humanoid mobs for a chance at silk and pelt drops. Plus I'm still trying for the aug at the end.
Silbacle spawns in the water maze off any trash mob. He casts Silbacle's Smiting Strike, a large random dot and mana drain its ranged though so just stand away.
He drops:
Somatic Plate Armguards
Slot: ARMS
Purity: 50
AC: 102
STR: +51+7 DEX: +30+3 STA: +30+4 CHA: +43+7 WIS: +30+5 INT: +9+5 AGI: +17+8 HP: +1479 MANA: +1450 ENDUR: +1450
SV FIRE: +46 SV DISEASE: +22 SV COLD: +40 SV MAGIC: +37 SV POISON: +49
Combat Effects: +7 Shielding: +1% Spell Shield: +2% Avoidance: +3 Accuracy: +9 Stun Resist: +2% Strikethrough: +2% DoT Shielding: +2% Attack: +25 HP Regen: +4 Mana Regeneration: +3 Clairvoyance: 35 Spell Dmg: 16 Dmg Shld Mit: 1 Heal Amount: 15
Required level of 90.
Focus: Flames of the Fallen IV
WT: 7.4 Size: MEDIUM
Class: ALL
Race: ALL
Slot 1, Type 7 (General: Group)
Slot 2, Type 13 (Energeiac: Group)
Fire Damage 25-60 L90
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

Alkabors nightmare... Do the three progression missions ( starting with The Rivervale ruins )
These missions are soloable ( with merc ) And give as much exp as the HoT group progression missions
This is what all 3 missions are basically

Kill 4 to six mobs
Pick up a few ground spawns ( marked on ur map )
turn in...
They can each be solod in 15 or twenty minutes, and have a 6 hour request timer.

At level 88 I get about 1 1/2 Blue bubbles per quest.
If you request the quest and log off you can later log in and do each twice. So 6 completions in like 2 hours gives me about 2 yellows of exp.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

In addition to those listed in other posts...

Library - do the tasks the scholar gives from saying "interview" and "locate" - basically pick up some ground spawn books, hail a few mobs, kill two mobs, and done with 4 aa's in about 5 or 6 minutes (unless a named is in the way and you need to smack it, then you might have to kill a couple others).

Feerott - do Rupkerr's first task to go get a book from the ghost area. With luck you kill one ghost, open one corpse, get a book that first try, and kill one patroller. Done with 2 more aa in about 5 min, if you are unlucky then a few more from killing the ghosts. You could double this up with Rupkerr's third task, the end of which requires you to kill 10 ghosts, and completion of that task gives 4aa.

The Well - do All is Not Forgotten Part 1. If there are rotting scrolls laying around you can get 4aa each for a group of people and just have to kill 1 mob...if there are no rots, you kill a mob in grounds and then kill in the last room of the zone til you get scrolls enough for the turn in. Task is worth 4aa. Also can then do part 2 which is kill 10 spiders and 2 named you spawn off hails/turn ins.

AAxp here is based on level 90...but I been soloing/moloing all these since shortly after the expansion opened with an EM8 focused air pet.
Cindayen1234
Magician

Post by Cindayen1234 »

I do enjoy moloing in grounds...fast kills and the aa isnt to shabby, like 1 every 3 kills maybe 4.
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

In all honesty, if your a mage and have em8 and around 3-4k of well spent aa's, you can do *anything* in current group content with a merc out. If your having problems killing in SS with that setup there is something being missed. Anybody that needs help feel free to ask questions. SS content is largely a complete joke.

Savil
Cindayen1234
Magician

Post by Cindayen1234 »

I have 2056 aa well spent, but i am needing to upgrade my pet heal aa...its been a few years since i worked on them.