Why housing?

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Why housing?

Post by Goranothos »

Somehow, I am missing the point of this whole player housing concept. After reading a little bit about it on Zam, I cannot seem to understand why I (or anyone) would want an in-game house.

When I am playing EQ, I am running around various zones, doing quests, fighting mobs, etc. I have little desire to sit in one place, in game. Why would I want a pixel house to sit in and waste my real-life time? I have a real-life house for that, complete with beer and a Sony HDTV.

Perhaps it is a storage thing? Do houses allow you to store more in-game items, like having more bank space?

I must be missing the point.
Aumeldarie
Elementalist

Re: Why housing?

Post by Aumeldarie »

Each house comes with a "closet" that can store items including all those bags of old quest stuff I could never destroy because I *might* finish it someday. The 3 bed room one has more space than the 1 bed room one I believe. I'm not in my house atm but I think it's 150 or 200. You can also buy a storage crate that can hold 500 placeable items.
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

If you earn any "trophies" from UF tasks, you can place the trophy in the house, and then that trophy gives you additional abilities or stats, very much like tribute does. It does burn tribute points when active.
Danille

Post by Danille »

The main point of housing from a gameplay perspective is that it totally explodes your available bank space.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

Well, that makes sense then. I will look into it. Thanks for the replies.
Failcon
Conjurer

Post by Failcon »

It is a wonderful lil plat sink, one you can have fun redecorating over and over, wasting even more plat and filling your houses "closet" with more crap.

Also it is a wonderful place to do tradeskills as you can fill a house full of TS crap and then with a purchased TS table, spend hours in one place clicking till your fingers go numb!

May the elements guide and protect you.