Boxing 4 Mages , 1 Bard, 1 Merc Cleric

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
dilrodel

Re: Boxing 4 Mages , 1 Bard, 1 Merc Cleric

Post by dilrodel »

Yea!

I'm a grouping mage but managed to get an EM XII last night (Trinket of the Last Ally) looting a rot from my Main's raid ... /happy dance !

Do we know yet if the EM XII pet will stun npc's higher than Level 90?
SevexMS
Trial Member

Post by SevexMS »

Deleting my double post. It was my first post and didn't realize it had to be approved.
Last edited by SevexMS on Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SevexMS
Trial Member

Post by SevexMS »

Go go bard + mages team!!

I have 4 accounts to play various combinations(all 90 w/AA counts) :
bard 2700, necro 3600
mage 1300, shaman 4600, beastlord 700
mage 5700
mage 4600

I have considered moving toons to 2 new accounts to play my ideal group :
bard, shaman, necro, 3 mages
or
bard, shaman, necro, 2 mages, beastlord

The beastlord and all mages have EM8 and Anguish robes. With bard, 3 mages, tank merc, cleric merc, my best time for Fall of Tae Ew is 21m 30s from pull of first mob to death of last named. I don't use charm yet, so I am still learning how to maximize the bard. My mages are all conjuration spec (yes I know...), but I lead with 3 RS pets and rarely have to heal pets on trash. I don't see a cleric as needed in groups like this. Shaman has plenty of healing for AEs and can fast dot to get necro RB AA procs. I have a programmable keyboard so all trash is 2 clicks(assist key and dps key), named are normally 3.

To defend the ideal group, I present :
bard - puller, CC, insane adps, aura hits temp pets
shaman - slow, buffs, heals for AEs, 2 fast dots
necro - RB AA(crazy group heals), 3 fast dots with last patch
beastlord - buffs, snare thru hobble AA, pet stuns to 90, pet buff to heal tank (6 x 4500), emergency tank, 3 reasonable nukes
mage - amazing grouper, easy to box, but you know this !!

This combo has 5 pets (bard song procs 3x 4k each pet) and 5 nuke/dot classes for maximum RB procs.

I am a lazy boxer so cannot imagine trying to position melee group. Certainly zerker + 3 monks + bard + shaman or bard + 4 SK(rotate epic2s) + shaman would be interesting as well...
dilrodel

Post by dilrodel »

Ya know,

The bard has an ae slow and you might consider dropping the shammy for a healer (merc or otherwise, I happen to have both a cleric and a druid).
SevexMS
Trial Member

Post by SevexMS »

You may be underestimating the amount of group healing that occurs from the necro RB AA (3 mages/necro/shaman all casting). Group heals from RB are typically 50k during 15-20 second trash kills. Not to mention, the RS mage pets are tanking, not the normal pets.

The only thing that can hurt is AoEs and the shaman can easily handle that. I would much rather have a PC healer than a merc healer anyday. The only reason to have a merc healer is buff every 2.5h and the very odd death.
bobipet
Magician

Post by bobipet »

shaman HOT (overtime heal ) + counterbias slow (add another stackable HOT ) is over 10K average per tic heal (with the right aa's ).

very good dots to add some dps.
tiger buff proc, for all pets, a dd who is almost 1000 dd. and proc a lot.
lethargy buff line (proc a slow to keep agro for pet ),so u can start right away to chain cast dd's with twincast proc without loosing agro from pet.

aa root,with knockback (if 2 in camp, u can send one away from melee range), root the mobs for 3 min,if they not immune to run change speed...
Last edited by bobipet on Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bobipet
Magician

Post by bobipet »

anyway with 3 air mage pet who can stun,and shm overtime heal (was averaging 11800 per tic heal with hot and counterbias slow hot ),you won't really need to pop your merc,except on some nameds i guess....
plus u would always have the good buffs for pets (reliance from clr merc and unity from shm ),if things going bad you can also cast the ""fade totem"" who clear agro (can't cast or move for 30 sec .(usually enough for the mobs to go away ).then u can pop your merc or use the call to rez / summon others ).

2 group heals if heavy ae's from mobs / nameds.

u can also make some hot key's for the shm fast dots who can crit over 25k for one spell.

or a heal hot key where you can chain cast 5 heals....
so much possibilities....=).
bobipet
Magician

Post by bobipet »

and growth buff who add more hp than reliance and unity combined :shock:
12% or so more hp (with minion 8 pet focus )......
how many times your pet went below 10% hp and being saved with a merc heal :roll:
Last edited by bobipet on Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
dilrodel

Post by dilrodel »

Hi Everybody!

I have been gone for a while and would like to ask the same question as my op in the context of COTF.

What 4 mage pets would you use for today's content. Would you tank with Earth and dps with 3 waters, or 4 air pets or ???

Also, what do you think of using 3 mages and 2 wiz mercs and 1 cleric merc? What pets would you use for this combo???

Thanks folks

Dil
Danille

Post by Danille »

dilrodel wrote:Hi Everybody!

I have been gone for a while and would like to ask the same question as my op in the context of COTF.

What 4 mage pets would you use for today's content. Would you tank with Earth and dps with 3 waters, or 4 air pets or ???

Also, what do you think of using 3 mages and 2 wiz mercs and 1 cleric merc? What pets would you use for this combo???

Thanks folks

Dil
Hey buddy, long time no C!

If you are fighting mobs over the level cap that hit hard, use earth.
If they are under the level cap and the air pet stun proc will hit, use air or water.