Roundtable Applications:

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Aumeldarie
Elementalist

Re: Roundtable Applications:

Post by Aumeldarie »

Piemastaj wrote:To be frank, we have someone who does not raid in a type of roundtable and we are in a pile of smurf atm. So it would be smart to atleast try and get someone in there who raids, it actually might allow things to get better as the expansions come through.

If we get another person in a program who is in love with DSes the program will fail again for mages.
I agree we need someone who raids current content. I honestly don't care if their guild has SS on farm but we need at least one in there that is extremely knowledgeable about the raid side of things. I also agree strongly with the highlighted portion.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

My favourite part was when some random chanter put their name forward, then admitted they didn't know why Necro's still use their epic.

Sure it's not their class, but JFC, it's not exactly a well kept secret. A little bit of general EQ knowledge pls?
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Hold on a sec, necros still use their epics?! I had no idea....

But yea that was great, and I am sure that enc will get picked because SOE likes to do smurf like that.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Jedis
Administrator

Post by Jedis »

Whomever gets chosen, I'll add them to the CL group here (probably needs renamed now... Community Rep, maybe?). That way, when feedback needs to be gathered, and they are allowed to do so, they will be recognized here on the board for their efforts.

Hopefully, we do get someone active in raiding that way everyone's concerns will get addressed.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

I agree a title should be given to them, maybe even a colored name! Lol.

But for real, we need someone who raids, it doesn't need to be hugely high-end. But I do think T3 probably, because I am sure most guilds wont go through this but in my guild I wont actively have 9 pets on a mob for clash. There are 0 corners in SS and only 1 rooted mob in T3/4 to work with for swarm. Swarm also likes to help push mobs away from melee so DPs gets lowered. Just any raider might not do, unless the person actively listens to higher-end raiders aswell as mid-teir.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Jedis
Administrator

Post by Jedis »

Piemastaj wrote:I agree a title should be given to them, maybe even a colored name! Lol.
Haha, I'm running out of web-safe colors. Yellow and blue are the only ones left... and blue is the default color. Maybe another shade of blue...

But, back on topic...
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Can I have a pink name?!
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

If you get a pink name, i want one also!

Conjem
Arch Mage

Post by Conjem »

Piemastaj wrote:I agree a title should be given to them, maybe even a colored name! Lol.

But for real, we need someone who raids, it doesn't need to be hugely high-end. But I do think T3 probably, because I am sure most guilds wont go through this but in my guild I wont actively have 9 pets on a mob for clash. There are 0 corners in SS and only 1 rooted mob in T3/4 to work with for swarm. Swarm also likes to help push mobs away from melee so DPs gets lowered. Just any raider might not do, unless the person actively listens to higher-end raiders aswell as mid-teir.
Every guild/raidleader has a different way of doing things. Actively discussing strats between guilds is taboo. Frankly, that means a mage that has experienced most/all content has the ability to do the job much better. Mid-tiers raiders are often operating off rumors disguised as leaked strats.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Or stuff they read on elitegamer, Alla's, Raspers, and the like?

That said, I don't see where Pie discussed strats...he discussed raid mechanics and zone geometry with regard to how swarms work. There are more corners in the SS event rooms than he listed though (1, 2, 3, and 5 have them - whether they get used or not is a different issue based on whatever strategy).