NDA Lifted

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Re: NDA Lifted

Post by Goranothos »

Well, that's it for me guys. Game over.

It was a pleasure to be part of this band of brothers.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Necromage wrote:I also only have EM5. Of course I'm also hoping something may appear on the Loyality vendor. But if not ...

Purely for molo pet tanking mobs below lvl 90 (disregarding pet DPS), is the lvl 91 un-focused air pet going to be better than the lvl 86 EM5 air pet? Or should I stick with the 86 pet until I get a usable focus?
The unfocused 91 air pet is supposed to be better than all pets from the level 86 air pet series (focused or not). Not sure anyone did a test on that, but that is how it is supposed to work.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Goranothos wrote:Well, that's it for me guys. Game over.

It was a pleasure to be part of this band of brothers.
Care to elaborate?
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Sorry I have been taking care of somethings so have not been able to post.

Our new Clash spell got nerfed quite handily. It got dropped from a 9 nuke spell to a 5 nuke spell. Because of this it was doing less DMG then our old clash spell. This is because every nuke on Clash gets directly increased by Spell DMG and by bards Sotor's Aria, among other things that is but those 2 never change their DMG amount. So Sotor's Aria does something like 962 DMG per nuke, and my Spell DMG is 522 per nuke. So your losing 1484 DMG per nuke for 4 nukes. That equals a 5936 DMG loss, that until you replace those missing 4 nukes will never be added back into the spell. That is quite a hefty loss of DMG, and I am 100% sure it is quite greater I just did not feel like doing all the tiny math involving focus effects, crit rates ect. Needless to say bringing that data up, got the spell increased but the nukes remained the same. It atleast is an increase in DMG from our older version. I am not happy with the nuke loss, but the DMG increase is decent, when December patch hits we will either have enough ammunition to go back and say ok look we were telling the truth here and our DPS is lacking in this area to prove it please change. Or it will be perfectly fine and I will have wasted posts on EQlive :P .

As to the weave, it is quite jacked up. I tried the weave moving around Strike of Many to various spots, and it worked the best simply how we have it aligned. The main reason why the weave is jacked is because our Spears are not linked together, so we dropped Bolt from our line-up. The way it should go is: Ruthless Servant>Strike of Many>Spear of Molten Steel> Spear of Magma. That seemed to work the best for me, granted when I did the testing strike was not at max potential but it worked out so the more important spells got casted. Worked out to around 11 Ruthless, 10x of the other 3 spells got cast in about 110 seconds. The spells all have a max recast so it severly ruins our weave, you will have it where no spells are able to cast or 2 spells will be able to cast at the same time. It will basically depend on how things go lol. This weave also comes at about over 11k base mana cost (without foci taken into account, like Detri pres and Evoc/conj augs and such), that is a major draw back to this. Which will mean that you probably will not be able to sustain it for a long amount of time w/o using Glyph of Lost Secrets.

As to AAs, Fire Core got the increase I asked for before VoA was set to release. This is kind of how it should have looked on Live pre-VoA, which is good because the high-end will allow us to nuke over 100k w/o any special things. Elemental Union is going to be removed off of Fire Core's timer, giving us around 5mins in a semi-burn setup vs our normal 3mins increasing our sustained. Frenzied Burnout is also getting Flurry Chance added to it, but later on because of time and such. Basically every class is getting cheated on AAs, when they did the IRC chats (AA discussion chats) every class got ideas approved and denied there. However, because of when those chats got done it forced Elidroth to postpone just about every classes good AAs until the December patch. So believe me we are not the only class who got shafted. Also, because of this you can not anticipate where we can stand for DPS. We have things in progress that could either be really great, or be extremely lackluster.

They increased the increase from pet foci to pet foci and gave our VoA pets a nice boost. A 92 water pet was doing around 7k DPS with New Iceflame 3, burnout 3, FBO7, Arcane Distillect 2, new fire weapons, EM15. The 87 water pet with new iceflame 3, burnout 3, arcane 2, EM 13, FBO7 was doing about 5.2k DPS. The increase per pet foci was a bit lackluster imho (seemed around 400 DPS per lvl increase).

Also, it looks like the new ranks of Alacrity and Elemental Fury add 100 DPS per max of each AA.
Last edited by Piemastaj on Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

To deal with the time slices where no spells could be cast I dropped in the VoA upgrade to Blazing Sands (can't recall the name right now). It is fast casting and if you put it after the two spears it gets cast every so often.
bobipet
Magician

Post by bobipet »

EM 11 drop in windsong zone from THE CONDUCTOR named (pos 1405, neg 1400 ),was a stationary mob,can pop from other mobs around also.
other loot is an augment = 40ac,110 hp + 8 dex.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Piemastaj wrote: Our new Clash spell got nerfed quite handily. It got dropped from a 9 nuke spell to a 5 nuke spell. Because of this it was doing less DMG then our old clash spell. This is because every nuke on Clash gets directly increased by Spell DMG and by bards Sotor's Aria, among other things that is but those 2 never change their DMG amount. So Sotor's Aria does something like 962 DMG per nuke, and my Spell DMG is 522 per nuke. So your losing 1484 DMG per nuke for 4 nukes. That equals a 5936 DMG loss, that until you replace those missing 4 nukes will never be added back into the spell. That is quite a hefty loss of DMG, and I am 100% sure it is quite greater I just did not feel like doing all the tiny math involving focus effects, crit rates ect. Needless to say bringing that data up, got the spell increased but the nukes remained the same. It atleast is an increase in DMG from our older version. I am not happy with the nuke loss, but the DMG increase is decent, when December patch hits we will either have enough ammunition to go back and say ok look we were telling the truth here and our DPS is lacking in this area to prove it please change. Or it will be perfectly fine and I will have wasted posts on EQlive :P
Just crunching some of the numbers, it's looking like even with the 4 nuke loss, the new one with the increased dmg works out to be an ~30% dps increase over the old one. We'll see if that holds up in testing.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Sillaen wrote:
Piemastaj wrote: Our new Clash spell got nerfed quite handily. It got dropped from a 9 nuke spell to a 5 nuke spell. Because of this it was doing less DMG then our old clash spell. This is because every nuke on Clash gets directly increased by Spell DMG and by bards Sotor's Aria, among other things that is but those 2 never change their DMG amount. So Sotor's Aria does something like 962 DMG per nuke, and my Spell DMG is 522 per nuke. So your losing 1484 DMG per nuke for 4 nukes. That equals a 5936 DMG loss, that until you replace those missing 4 nukes will never be added back into the spell. That is quite a hefty loss of DMG, and I am 100% sure it is quite greater I just did not feel like doing all the tiny math involving focus effects, crit rates ect. Needless to say bringing that data up, got the spell increased but the nukes remained the same. It atleast is an increase in DMG from our older version. I am not happy with the nuke loss, but the DMG increase is decent, when December patch hits we will either have enough ammunition to go back and say ok look we were telling the truth here and our DPS is lacking in this area to prove it please change. Or it will be perfectly fine and I will have wasted posts on EQlive :P
Just crunching some of the numbers, it's looking like even with the 4 nuke loss, the new one with the increased dmg works out to be an ~30% dps increase over the old one. We'll see if that holds up in testing.
I said it was a gain (bolded). But the loss we suffered can't be replaced until those 4 nukes get put back onto the spell. It would have been much better design if they spread the DMG increase over 9 nukes and not 5. No clue why it was not done, considering the spell changed from 7 nukes to 9 nukes after its inception.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

Wow, just ... god. I guess they finally managed to make mages useless. The sound you hear atm and Wire and I spinning in our graves.

The of many nerf is beyond stupid. ANY dev that looked at that and couldn't figure out that it was actually a nerf is beyond stupid and has zero idea what they are doing. This one is just stupid.

I hope I misunderstood the mana cast for RS pet as well...

Savil
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Savil wrote: I hope I misunderstood the mana cast for RS pet as well...

Savil
Yes, you did. The increase is 180 for rank 1, 144 for rank 2, and 58 for rank 3. If you look, you'll notice that the rk. 3 version is actually less mana than rank 3 of level 85. The mana costs for RS have actually come down from previous expansions.