NDA Lifted

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Aumeldarie
Elementalist

Re: NDA Lifted

Post by Aumeldarie »

Off topic but what version of the shawl do you use PJ?
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Aumeldarie wrote:Off topic but what version of the shawl do you use PJ?
I am using the very first mana proc currently, 200. Just about to finish up the 5th task so will be up to 250 mana proc by the end of today. Hopefully if I can get done with JCing in a reasonable amount of time I will have my 8th shawl done by next weekish.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Aumeldarie
Elementalist

Post by Aumeldarie »

Ok cool. Which proc does just the mana? I have the damage one that only returns the full mana if you don't cast another damage spell. I got it in UF so at the time mana wasn't an issue, can't say that anymore lol. Gratz on your shawl!
Last edited by Aumeldarie on Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Aumeldarie wrote:Ok cool. Which proc does just the mana? I have the damage one that only returns the full mana if you don't cast another damage spell. I got it in UF so at the time mana wasn't an issue, can't say that anymore lol. Gratz on your shawl!
It technically returns the full mana. It should only return 250 to you all the time and do the 600 DMG proc. You get the bonus 250 mana if you do not cast a spell for like 12 seconds or whatever. The best mana return shawl is after having task 6 completed which returns 300 mana, but does no DMG. 7 is 200 and 500 DMG, 8 is 250 mana and 600 DMG.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Aumeldarie
Elementalist

Post by Aumeldarie »

Oh ok thank you. So the damage one is still the best for mages then?
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

That is the only 1 that really will work for us. 1 of them requires melee DMG, 1 of them requires heals, 1 of them requires taking DMG. So, by default it should be the best 1 for mages.

Aumeldarie
Elementalist

Post by Aumeldarie »

Cool thank you that was my understanding when they first came out but then they changed some stuff with the necros so I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Thank you for the help.
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

umm... if our rotation is only possible with a specific item from a past expansion
Shouldn't that be a GIANT red flag for the devs?
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

You would think so.. but somehow I don't think they have that much of a clue to see something like that before somebody like PJ forces them to see it.

Savil
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

deadman1204 wrote:umm... if our rotation is only possible with a specific item from a past expansion
Shouldn't that be a GIANT red flag for the devs?
It isn't uncommon that they are blind to things like this. But look at necros still dependent on their 2.0s how many years later. Many classes, including mages, have to use the LDoN augs aswell. I actually don't mind it tbh. I really dislike the current way gear is working now where you have to go out and get every upgrade you can find. So, basically all your gear has a shelf life of 8 to 10 months then your done with it. 1 of the reasons why I loved raid augs so much, they lasted years and years later and you got some real value out of them even if u had to unload some hefty DKP. Would like to see more gear last through a few expansions though.

As to the issue, once I get a set of raid shoulders (Detri Pres) I am going to keep track of my mana useage on raids and such and see how good or bad it appears. Before anything gets said or done though I am going to be waiting until after the December patch to see what we actually get to go on live and how it effects our mana.