VoA AA List

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: New CoN?

Post by Voragath »

Bastler wrote:
CoN: 1 Rank, 15 AA. Better CoN (Finally)

I think the overall agreement was that the upgrades of Companion of Neccessitiy were undesirable because they extended the time the comapanion was up.

So how is this better? As I am required to buy the undesireable lvl beforehand?
It's duration is longer but the problem with the second one was that it was lasting so long with so low hp it was obliterated before it could mez.

If you are leery about buying the other 2 ranks, then you should be fine using the first rank. I've been using the rank 1 in Argath, Luna, and Sarith for singles with no problem.

The rank 3 I didn't use often in beta. I used it once to meblur a few adds in Beasts Domain. A few others who used it in beta had no trouble.

The 3rd rank of CoN is a 60s duration pet.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Voragath wrote:
Bastler wrote:
CoN: 1 Rank, 15 AA. Better CoN (Finally)

I think the overall agreement was that the upgrades of Companion of Neccessitiy were undesirable because they extended the time the comapanion was up.

So how is this better? As I am required to buy the undesireable lvl beforehand?
It's duration is longer but the problem with the second one was that it was lasting so long with so low hp it was obliterated before it could mez.

If you are leery about buying the other 2 ranks, then you should be fine using the first rank. I've been using the rank 1 in Argath, Luna, and Sarith for singles with no problem.

The rank 3 I didn't use often in beta. I used it once to meblur a few adds in Beasts Domain. A few others who used it in beta had no trouble.

The 3rd rank of CoN is a 60s duration pet.
I am assuming this got changed? No way in hell it was lasting for even 30 seconds on beta. And no I am not talking about weak HPs, I know for a fact it was not taking me no minute to split mobs. If that is the case that has to get changed.

But, basically our new CoN has around 2mil hitpoints now vs like 500k on our old one. It does suck that you must buy rank 2 (duration increaser) to get the HP upgraded one, trust me I am not a fan of that. However supposedly the pet has a new aggro increaser that they developed this expansion aswell so it should gank aggro more quickly if your using it to save yourself from a wipe.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Piemastaj wrote: I am assuming this got changed? No way in hell it was lasting for even 30 seconds on beta. And no I am not talking about weak HPs, I know for a fact it was not taking me no minute to split mobs. If that is the case that has to get changed.
Just checked it yesterday so I guess so. Unless it was bugged before.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: VoA AA List

Post by Voragath »

Because there is a thread called "December AA's" I posted the patch aa's there. Please look over it to add missing information or to make corrections if you have such to make.

The link is: http://www.eqmagetower.com/forums/viewt ... 755#p20755