Spells

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: Spells

Post by Voragath »

Voragath wrote:No, it's still 95. I pulled my data straight from the spell file. Also, I just confirmed that I can not see it on the vendor even with 27 Alaran. According to Rasper, it is supposed to be visible with 25 Alaran.

I think, he may have gotten confused with the Druid spell Roar of Kolos which is level 93.

The only way it could be 92 is if the scroll is 92 which then would be bad and would need Aristo to fix it.
Spear is most certainly 95. Just checked the scroll. Rasper is in error.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Rats. :(
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

Grant Quiver of Kalkek (92)

This spell should have been done years ago at a far lower level. What I'm dying to know is what is sooooo different now then last year? Why did the devs completely FLIP OUT when asked for this last year and yelling how OP'ed / unbalanced it would be and then turn around and give it to mages the next??

Its a freaking way to turn somebody inv. What in the heck was so OP'ed about it? What made lvl 92 the magic level to do this??

Savil
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Savil wrote:Grant Quiver of Kalkek (92)

This spell should have been done years ago at a far lower level. What I'm dying to know is what is sooooo different now then last year? Why did the devs completely FLIP OUT when asked for this last year and yelling how OP'ed / unbalanced it would be and then turn around and give it to mages the next??

Its a freaking way to turn somebody inv. What in the heck was so OP'ed about it? What made lvl 92 the magic level to do this??

Savil
Didn't you answer your own question? And who cares? People need to GTFO a copy/paste spell. It probably took Aristo less than 5 mins to work out. I didn't see anyone flip out over any other useless copy/paste spells.

I'd be more concerned about mana costs and damage. Or, the pathetic regen increases we are getting compared to other classes? Copy/paste spells are the least of our concerns atm.
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

You clearly have completely missed the point. *I* care, as I was one of the mages that was told that song and dance by the devs the last exp about how they totally couldn't give us the spell and now all the sudden they can.

I'd like to know why they felt it was so OP'ed last exp and now its totally fine. I would have been a 5 min change last exp as well.

Savil
Scorcher
Trial Member

Post by Scorcher »

Tacoma2586 wrote: ...is fun seeing peeps die running to raid spot when whatever invis they using drops lol.
Audio triggers are handy for this. It gives you 10 secs to click another instant potion.
Foaaniel
Magician

Post by Foaaniel »

With all the new spells what is current group spell line up and raid line up now?

Mine

Group:
1. bolt
2. shock of steel
3. spear
4. RS
5. fickle
6. rain
7. utility
8. twin cast
9. thaumatize pet
10. clash
11. gather
12. suirge of shadwoflare

Raid
1. bolt
2. shock of steel
3. spear
4. RS
5. fickle
6. rain
7. malosene
8. twin cast
9. thaumatize pet
10. clash
11. gather
12. chaotic

* any changes welcome
In the time of chimpanzees i was a monkey .....and Curious george is my long lost brother
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

VoA RS, Thaum, Twincast, VoA Spear, HoT Spear, VoA Bolt, Burning Sands all tied into a hotkey that also fires off Force of Elements whenever possible. I use this for group and raid both...and remove Thaum from the mem'd stuff if we are to be burning so it doesn't go off and mess up things.
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

svenalo wrote:VoA RS, Thaum, Twincast, VoA Spear, HoT Spear, VoA Bolt, Burning Sands all tied into a hotkey that also fires off Force of Elements whenever possible. I use this for group and raid both...and remove Thaum from the mem'd stuff if we are to be burning so it doesn't go off and mess up things.
Since thaum changes your target to pet, I set an audio trigger to let me know when it fires, to change target back to mob. And, I leave it in the raid set up, I know it slows burn dps a bit, but I'll take the 1200 mana or so it gives back
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

Foaaniel wrote:With all the new spells what is current group spell line up and raid line up now?

Mine

Group:
1. bolt
2. shock of steel
3. spear
4. RS
5. fickle
6. rain
7. utility
8. twin cast
9. thaumatize pet
10. clash
11. gather
12. suirge of shadwoflare

Raid
1. bolt
2. shock of steel
3. spear
4. RS
5. fickle
6. rain
7. malosene
8. twin cast
9. thaumatize pet
10. clash
11. gather
12. chaotic

* any changes welcome

Talk to PJ about this, your spell loadout will give you epic fail DPS :( Rain and shock should almost never been in your DPS weave for raids. Rains should very very rarely be used on raids TBH. Read about multibinding for info on DPS spell order. Ask PJ for the current DPS weave. Its important that your spells be in the correct order or your DPS will fall off bigtime. Were talking 25-50% of your DPS can be lost.

PJ should see this post and will prob chime in on what the current weaves are for Burst and Sustained DPS on burns. GL

Savil