Spells

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: Spells

Post by Voragath »

Ksuz wrote:Nice Spell list thanks

Is there a typo on the AC of Rk 2 for this one?
Shield of Bronze
M: 1005/1045/113
HP: 1595/1675/1759
AC: 110/116/169
As the RK 2 from HoT shows 125 AC
Yest, the rank 1 and two are typos. I accidentally copied down the magic resist. Thanks for pointing out the error! I have corrected the list to reflect the correct values.
newquseio

Post by newquseio »

im kind of curious as to what the exigent minion does ...
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

newquseio wrote:im kind of curious as to what the exigent minion does ...
Oh, good point. I should have explained what those two do. I'll reflect the main post to reflect them.

The Summon: Exigent Servant spell summons a swarm earth pet (looks like a rune when cast) that casts a magic nuke at your target. What you do is summon a clicky which is heavy mana and long reuse. You click the clicky when you need the pet which is an instacast.

The Summon: Exigent Minion is a fire version of the Exigent Servant spell. Neither clicky or spell is linked or lore grouped. This means you can quickly summon both clickies and quickly use both clickies in combat.

These are intended to be pre-summoned to use for those situations they are needed: a burn, a combat heading south, a named fight, etc. They aren't amazing dps but they are dps for 30s nonetheless. And, they are not focused by the pet focus. These are basically clicky versions of Servant of Ro.
newquseio

Post by newquseio »

i gues their one use only hmm different) i still wish we had gotten that vaccum spell was alot of fun messing around with
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

newquseio wrote:i gues their one use only hmm different) i still wish we had gotten that vaccum spell was alot of fun messing around with
Yeah, a one shot deal.

And lolz at that vacuum spell. It was a lot of fun :lol:
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

newquseio wrote:i gues their one use only hmm different) i still wish we had gotten that vaccum spell was alot of fun messing around with
If they were not allowed to be cast until you were in combat (the clicky item) they really would not be worth meming at all. They hover around 1k and 1500 DPS. Hardly what they could and should have been, but a DPS increase we did not have before.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
newquseio

Post by newquseio »

if they where not allowed to be cast until in combat id just get a green mob and cast away till i was stocke d up
Obilaan
Trial Member

Post by Obilaan »

Who asks for these things? I could care less about an invis stone and can't even tell you the last time someone asked for one. If you are level 90 and you do not have a clicky or something etc. to get you invis pots etc. then you are a worthless player.

The quiver I could summon for my rogue but that is about it. A bow on anything but a ranger is for pulling only and as such who cares how much dmg it does. The range is the most important thing on a non ranger bow.

What I care about is pets, nukes, and dmg shields. The rest is fluff and good but not near as important. As the population of EQ slowly diminishes I solo or duo with my necro mostly. Not groups or raids (I wish), but duo's at most and as such I am ALL about pet tanking. How many hps, how much per hit / crit, pet stun spells, and estimated AC. :-)
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

They should modify the quiver spell to give us a bag of Exigent clickies
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Obilaan wrote:Who asks for these things? I could care less about an invis stone and can't even tell you the last time someone asked for one. If you are level 90 and you do not have a clicky or something etc. to get you invis pots etc. then you are a worthless player.

The quiver I could summon for my rogue but that is about it. A bow on anything but a ranger is for pulling only and as such who cares how much dmg it does. The range is the most important thing on a non ranger bow.

What I care about is pets, nukes, and dmg shields. The rest is fluff and good but not near as important. As the population of EQ slowly diminishes I solo or duo with my necro mostly. Not groups or raids (I wish), but duo's at most and as such I am ALL about pet tanking. How many hps, how much per hit / crit, pet stun spells, and estimated AC. :-)
You are assuming someone does. These are really just copy/paste of spells. The invis stone actually has been asked for. When we discovered the gift line of spells, many people asked for the invis stone version be made (asked for both in beta and in live).

Devs don't only do things because players asked. They do things because they are a developer and are developing a game in the direction they want it to go. So, even if we don't say a word to devs, stuff is going to be made and given to us.