VoA pets

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
micker
Elementalist

Re: VoA pets

Post by micker »

Does the new Fire pet with decent focus out DPS the J5 wizzy merc??
Domaa Klein

Post by Domaa Klein »

Any one have numbers from a long parse for fire and water by chance? I've been doing some grouping lately and just combining the parse and it puts my water pet at about 1.7k and fire pet about 1.9k (fire pet meleeing most times).

Just looking for numbers to check i was thinking these are way low for some reason.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Depends on your focus, aa's and any other buffs you have.

Bare bones, the water pet will do about 623 and fire will do about 1.4k. Having all AA's and Burnout X, the water pet will do about 1.6k and the fire pet will do 1.7k.

As you add focus and AA's, the gap between the two will widen. Just using burnout, AA's and a focus will see them start to split enough that the fire pet is doing about 1k+ more than water.
Last edited by Voragath on Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Still waiting for us to go back to SS so I can get a apples-to-apples real world parse on fire versus water on Leviathan...no idea if or when we will be doing that though as we are starting VOA T3 Sunday so interest in SS is pretty low. Not sure what event would be best if I have to do it on VoA instead...maybe valley raid?
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Post by Calebe »

Will the new Talon AA proc from distance or is it melee only? My guess is melee only so that will up the water pet's dps making it higher dps then the fire pet. If the fire pet is going into melee range then fire will have a huge edge, provided the mob doesn't leave the melee range of the fire pet, and if the fire pet lives the full duration of FBO and Talon. That is a lot of if's to bank on. I would use water unless it is a ranged fight, or no aoe's to worry about. Of course should the water pet die, fire will be made for fast and sure ranged damage till event is over.

Calebe
Danille

Post by Danille »

Was playing with this last night, it was procing for 22,500 damage each time. I'll try it with the fire pet on the raid tonite. I think Al'Kabor is on the schedule and that is a good event to test it on.
vlada
Elementalist

Post by vlada »

Calebe wrote:Will the new Talon AA proc from distance or is it melee only? My guess is melee only so that will up the water pet's dps making it higher dps then the fire pet. If the fire pet is going into melee range then fire will have a huge edge, provided the mob doesn't leave the melee range of the fire pet, and if the fire pet lives the full duration of FBO and Talon. That is a lot of if's to bank on. I would use water unless it is a ranged fight, or no aoe's to worry about. Of course should the water pet die, fire will be made for fast and sure ranged damage till event is over.

Calebe

In a group, plant your fire pet in the killing area. Ideally yes, the fire pet would melee every mob. But remember it only has 30 counters, so the fire pet only needs to melee enough to land its 30 proc counters in 20 minutes. Something other pets can normally do in less than 2. I will probably keep using fire pet in group unless i am shaky about the tanks ability. In raids... it depends on raid, if there is a lot of possible LoS issues then water, or if resists are especially hard. But say a perma rooted mob? I might do water if it's a sub 2 minute fight, because i think water pet procs a lot faster. I'll have to poke some test dummies to find out.
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

Voragath wrote:Depends on your focus, aa's and any other buffs you have.

Bare bones, the water pet will do about 623 and fire will do about 1.4k. Having all AA's and Burnout X, the water pet will do about 1.6k and the fire pet will do 1.7k.

As you add focus and AA's, the gap between the two will widen. Just using burnout, AA's and a focus will see them start to split enough that the fire pet is doing about 1k+ more than water.
Hope this is a bit off for water, if I remember right the old water pet with EM12 / max aa's was doing 1.5+ with just self buffs, no AA buffs. 1.5 seems low for new pet with new buffs. What pet focus were you using for that parse vora?

Savil
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

No pet focus. That was the base pet.

With EM 12 and max AA's pre-December patch and burnout X was around 2.5k for water. For fire, it was about 3.5k under the same situation--no melee.
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

I would be interested in the numbers for post patch ... when somebody can get them ...

/eyes PJ

Savil