VoA pets

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Re: VoA pets

Post by Piemastaj »

Savil wrote:I would be interested in the numbers for post patch ... when somebody can get them ...

/eyes PJ

Savil
Pets did not get any passive AAs with the December patch, so the numbers should not have changed at all.

I will stab eyes out if they linger too long fyi.....

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Shardin
Conjurer

Post by Shardin »

Getting some serious envy of rangers and rogues etc headshotting and assasinating in feerott.. remember when water pet could do that?
Gnomeland
Elementalist

Post by Gnomeland »

Voragath wrote:
Tweelis wrote: Are air pets still not able to stun yellow/red con mobs? If so, are the mobs in Sepulcher red/yellow con? That alone makes a huge difference in how that pet handles things.
Aristo confirmed it in a beta post. It is intended, even with HoT pets, that the air pet no longer be able to stun mobs 5 level over the PC max. He/(the team?) did not like pets being able to have an ability better than the players.

This is going to have to be something we get used to moving forward and puts the earth pet back into use.

Additionally, the fire pet got a super boost in damage output this expansion. He has some pretty huge nukes without FBO going. He was rivaling the water pet in terms of DPS. He's still paper thin so not a good choice at raids.
Pet abilities are player abilities. The ability to stun mobs over level 95 was a mage class ability. If his point is that mages should not be able to stun mobs that other classes cannot, that's one thing. But the argument he gave is BS.

Not that I haven't switched to using the earth pet already - been doing that for a while - but the air pet really needs some extra oomph to stay relevant once a mage hits level 95, imo.
Last edited by Gnomeland on Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

I thought the same thing but considering pet abilities are all automated, I think that's what he's getting at.

There is a thought that they have when discussing pets that it's management free which makes them see pet abilities slightly different than player abilities. As an example: if we had to make the pet stun, they would be okay.

I think it's BS too but the team isn't going to budge on it any time soon. I'm more upset over the fact this decision was made without any communication with the mage community at the time. It was just ninja'd right on in.
micker
Elementalist

Post by micker »

How is the Earth pet this expansion?? I have been stuck at level 91, not much time to play.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

The earth pet is a beast.
Detrolyn
Trial Member

Post by Detrolyn »

how is that, sven?