VoA pets

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
micker
Elementalist

VoA pets

Post by micker »

So how are the new pets looking?? I'm sure no one has gotten the earth pet yet lol, but wondered if the pets got a good upgrade after the final tuning.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Re: VoA pets

Post by svenalo »

Am using the air pet and its nice...smurf mercs are back to not wanting to heal again though.
zurfinator

Post by zurfinator »

I am still 3-boxing my 3 mages... all have the EM8 earring, and the pets are pretty awesome - they con even to me at 91. I would hate to meet them in a dark alley if they were hostile, but since they are on my side, I just love them to death. The mobs in Sanctum Somnium simply melt away. :)
micker
Elementalist

Post by micker »

Cool, do you notice a big upgrade from the 86 water pet?? They ever going to come out with another list of our pets hps/ac and focus like they did a couple of expansions ago??
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

If I can find the guild hall test dummy (or at least do a real world parse in Beza/Zeka) and crunch some numbers I'll do so. However between the "not today" syndrome and my CRS this may take awhile.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

micker wrote: They ever going to come out with another list of our pets hps/ac and focus like they did a couple of expansions ago??
Probably not. I'm not even sure why we were given such comprehensive data to begin with. It does help for testing though and makes it easier to determine pet defensive values.
Last edited by Voragath on Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
micker
Elementalist

Post by micker »

I still didn't buy the expansion yet, not a lot of time to play at the moment. How are the new pets looking now that some of you have used them for awhile?? Hope they are a really nice upgrade!!
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

They are nice...and I have been converted to using an earth pet for molo/solo as well.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

svenalo wrote:They are nice...and I have been converted to using an earth pet for molo/solo as well.
Air literally got plowed in Sepulcher. Granted I do not have all my defensive AAs, but through fort with ruinous servants on the mob and merc healing (no slows, just me solo) Air lasted 8%. The sheer amount of heavy DMG in Sepulcher makes Air pet tanking crazy hard, Earth is the better bet b/c it will mitigate a lot more then Air.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

In Windsong the damage is very spikey with air, but with earth it smoothed way out and the merc usually has no issues healing now. Occasionally I have to toss one of the AA heals if there is some lag burst or something, but other than that it is like night and day.