VoA pets

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Re: VoA pets

Post by Tweelis »

Piemastaj wrote:
svenalo wrote:They are nice...and I have been converted to using an earth pet for molo/solo as well.
Air literally got plowed in Sepulcher. Granted I do not have all my defensive AAs, but through fort with ruinous servants on the mob and merc healing (no slows, just me solo) Air lasted 8%. The sheer amount of heavy DMG in Sepulcher makes Air pet tanking crazy hard, Earth is the better bet b/c it will mitigate a lot more then Air.
Are air pets still not able to stun yellow/red con mobs? If so, are the mobs in Sepulcher red/yellow con? That alone makes a huge difference in how that pet handles things.

From a different perspective the air pet seems better in beza than the HoT air pet.....when tanking one mob that it can stun. When it comes to having the pet take on say 4-5 mobs (and still having it only stun 1 mob at a time) there's only a little difference between the HoT pet and the VoA pet; of course this is not where the air pet shines so no surprises there.

All in all though keeping 2-3 mobs on my pet while having surge of shadowflares going is still the biggest factory in kill rates. This of course is just my observation.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Air pet cannot stun anything over level 95 according to the tests I did.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

So the next question would be are the mobs in tier 2/3/4 yellow or red con? If so that explains a lot of things concerning their ability to tank. The two listed on alla's are named and level 99, what about the trash though? There's lots of level 94-98 in Resplendent Temple but that's only tier 3.
micker
Elementalist

Post by micker »

Piemastaj wrote:
svenalo wrote:They are nice...and I have been converted to using an earth pet for molo/solo as well.
Air literally got plowed in Sepulcher. Granted I do not have all my defensive AAs, but through fort with ruinous servants on the mob and merc healing (no slows, just me solo) Air lasted 8%. The sheer amount of heavy DMG in Sepulcher makes Air pet tanking crazy hard, Earth is the better bet b/c it will mitigate a lot more then Air.

Wow, Air pet with EM XIII focus got mowed over?? Sepulcher is the end group zone I hope?? I don't think in any expansion our pets with raid focus and a merc healing only lasted till the mob hit 92%!! Thats SAD if our pets cant tank group mobs with a healer and raid focus. How are group geared tanks able to handle this expansion?? From my experience, my pet tanked better then most group level tanks or at least close. We need an AA that raises our pets stun level!!

So the 91+ pets aren't much of an upgrade then?? Not hearing too many great reviews.
Last edited by micker on Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

micker wrote:
Piemastaj wrote:

Wow, Air pet with EM XIII focus got mowed over?? Sepulcher is the end group zone I hope?? I don't think in any expansion our pets with raid focus and a merc healing only lasted till the mob hit 92%!! Thats SAD if our pets cant tank group mobs with a healer and raid focus. How are group geared tanks able to handle this expansion?? From my experience, my pet tanked better then most group level tanks or at least close. We need an AA that raises our pets stun level!!

So the 91+ pets aren't much of an upgrade then?? Not hearing too many great reviews.
My post MIGHT be a bit misleading. I ended up checking the buff I was going against for a mob and it was a 130% haste, 6k regen a tic, 1500 DS, 230 attack which is why the mob tore through both Air and Earth pets. Have not really tested anywhere else in Sepulcher, but most of the mobs have some nasty innate abilities. Mobs hit for 12 to 15k though, so I would imagine Air wont last very long.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

Sounds like a good use for dispell pulling... :)

Savil
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Savil wrote:Sounds like a good use for dispell pulling... :)

Savil
Every perma buff like that has Dispell: No in its description. However, the OMM shield that has Mark of Kings on it has been replacing the buff with the reverse DS and owning it. I am unsure if mages can cast it or not though.

Trust, I tried dispelling more then once.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

Hahaha, figures you would have tried that one :)

Savil
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Tweelis wrote: Are air pets still not able to stun yellow/red con mobs? If so, are the mobs in Sepulcher red/yellow con? That alone makes a huge difference in how that pet handles things.
Aristo confirmed it in a beta post. It is intended, even with HoT pets, that the air pet no longer be able to stun mobs 5 level over the PC max. He/(the team?) did not like pets being able to have an ability better than the players.

This is going to have to be something we get used to moving forward and puts the earth pet back into use.

Additionally, the fire pet got a super boost in damage output this expansion. He has some pretty huge nukes without FBO going. He was rivaling the water pet in terms of DPS. He's still paper thin so not a good choice at raids.
jack96jill
Arch Mage

Post by jack96jill »

fire pet pulls some pretty big agro too :/