clash/strike of many

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
dorfillya
Conjurer

clash/strike of many

Post by dorfillya »

It seems to me, that the new spell is only marginally better than the old spell, unless you do have a full complement of 15 pets on agro. 14 pets or less gives nearly no increase in damage. Unless I am not understanding how the new spell works, I don't get it. Certainly a raid only spell, but I see alot of raid time without 15 pets up.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Re: clash/strike of many

Post by svenalo »

Yeah there are a lot of problems with the VOA version which were repeated ad nauseam to the devs by multiple folks. Was like talking to a brick wall.
zurfinator

Post by zurfinator »

How is this spell supposed to work anyhow? I am 3-boxing my 3 mages, and so I have 3 standard pets up. Perviously I sent in the swarm every 10 mins, and used the clash of many. I received 6 hits. Now I send in the swarm and see 4 hits... When I used the 3 swarms, I pop the 3 Ro pets, and still had my 6 hits, now I only get 4. Admittedly the 4 hits I see are much higher damage-wise, but I am still curious how this spell is supposed to work.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

You need 10 pets to get 4 nukes, 15 pets to get the full 5 nukes. The mob has to have that many pets on its hate-list for it to work properly with the spell. If those pets leave its hate-list, then the nuke will not nuke for as many nukes.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

do swarm pets count?
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

They are supposed to. PJ is the expert, though, on what the latest one does and how whacked it has become.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Any pet we cast that gets on hate list, even other pets by others who may not be in group, adds to how many hits. Some pets may not get aggro'd or may fall off or die to ae's whatever.

I posted what you need to get max strikes for the new VoA in the spells thread: http://www.eqmagetower.com/forums/viewt ... 359#p20359

One hit: one pet
Two hits: 3 pets
Three hits: 6 petst
Four hits: 10 pets
Five hits: 15 pets

The old Clash of Many was:
One hit: 1 pet
Two hits: 2 pets
Three hits: 3 pets
Four hits: 4 pets
Five hits: 5 pets
Six hits: 6 pets
Seven hits: 10 pets
Eight hits: 15 pets
Nine hits: 20 pets
Last edited by Voragath on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

The new way does *way* less damage and is a *major* nerf. I can't see how anybody could miss this fact.

Savil
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Savil wrote:The new way does *way* less damage and is a *major* nerf. I can't see how anybody could miss this fact.

Savil
It does more DMG. However, I posted something similar to this on beta: The current increase is:19600-16848=2752 which is how it is setup including spell DMG and such. 19,600-10,913= 8687 is the increase that it looks like we are getting. Those are 2 totally different numbers. I only added Spell DMG and Bard Aria to the old clash for 4 nukes seeing as it would be only working for that nuke. I got basically no answer to my question whether or not we are intended to get the 8.6k increase or the current 2.7k increase. But it goes to show how much we are getting shafted by missing out on those nukes. And that is just missing Spell DMG and Aria, if I really wanted to take time and sit down it would be more when you added in the other Aria plus crit chance and crit mods plus our mods on our gear and our AAs aswell benefitting those missing nukes. Quite a shame they are making a great spell and a great way to use current things to their fullest dumbbed down.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Piemastaj wrote:
Savil wrote:The new way does *way* less damage and is a *major* nerf. I can't see how anybody could miss this fact.

Savil
It does more DMG. However, I posted something similar to this on beta: The current increase is:19600-16848=2752 which is how it is setup including spell DMG and such. 19,600-10,913= 8687 is the increase that it looks like we are getting. Those are 2 totally different numbers. I only added Spell DMG and Bard Aria to the old clash for 4 nukes seeing as it would be only working for that nuke. I got basically no answer to my question whether or not we are intended to get the 8.6k increase or the current 2.7k increase. But it goes to show how much we are getting shafted by missing out on those nukes. And that is just missing Spell DMG and Aria, if I really wanted to take time and sit down it would be more when you added in the other Aria plus crit chance and crit mods plus our mods on our gear and our AAs aswell benefitting those missing nukes. Quite a shame they are making a great spell and a great way to use current things to their fullest dumbbed down.
I did the same. I gave a whole bunch of numbers to Aristo in a PM just using the old numbers and said it'd be way more in VoA. No response.