Additional mercs

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Emotion

Additional mercs

Post by Emotion »

hmmm I like the idea of having additional mercs available, but I do not like the idea of game facilities being available to only those with money. Do we know if there are any plans to make additional merc slots available to players by any means other than the Marketplace? Perhaps via the loyalty vendor or a quest?

Also, since the patch my Staunch Recovery AA says it is 'Ready' in the AA window, but the button for it is greyed out on my hotbar. Does anybody else have this?

Thanks, Em
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Re: Additional mercs

Post by Calebe »

In January they are suppose to put in both a quest and a trade skill option to make an additional merc slot available for free. Personally they should have been part of the expansion and free for everyone.

Calebe
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

Emotion wrote:hmmm I like the idea of having additional mercs available, but I do not like the idea of game facilities being available to only those with money. Do we know if there are any plans to make additional merc slots available to players by any means other than the Marketplace? Perhaps via the loyalty vendor or a quest?

Also, since the patch my Staunch Recovery AA says it is 'Ready' in the AA window, but the button for it is greyed out on my hotbar. Does anybody else have this?

Thanks, Em
Remember when the devs said "we will never put anything that affects game play in MP, only cute stuff", and "we will never make people pay for game features in MP"... so funny.

I would consider the mercs to be just that. Wonder when type 3 augs will be only from MP :P

Savil
Sunlace

Post by Sunlace »

In my opinion, it's not about $10 or whatever amount the extra merc slot cost. People can afford $10, that's not a problem. But the question is why should we pay for this.

We already pay $15 per month, PLUS we just shelled out $40 for unremarkable expansion. Why should we pay for game features - this is not free to play game and things like extra merc slots should be included. Where does milking of the player base stop ?
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

While I agree with you that the mercs should be available to all, I have to wonder about the OP's statement about "those with money". How much real cash does it take to buy the extra merc slot? 10$? In all seriousness, if you can't afford that, you need to quit playing EQ and save yourself the monthly fee.
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

While for many the money isn't the point, its the milking of the player base and the flat out *lies* that SoE told to us about what the MP was going to be used for (and what it wasn't going to be used for).

I would also like to point out to people one simple truth, many people that continue to play EQ are on a fixed income. For a lot of these guys its the only source of entertainment they have due to how tight each month is, so yes, even $10 dollars can hurt.

These people have made the choice to play EQ under the understanding that they aren't playing a free to play game where something like MP would be needed to pay the bills. So IMHO that makes the merc slots item something that should just be included with the game.

If SoE wants / needs to make more money off EQ and can't make ends meet with the current player base they need to be *honest* with the players and tell them up front that they are going to change what they wanted the MP to be.

Savil
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

aren't people over-reacting?
as someone mentioned, slots will be available next month via quests and/or tradeskills.
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

I don't think so... in my eyes its mostly insulting due to the fact that SoE promised us smurf like this wouldn't happen with MP. Which turns out to be yet another SoE lie.

Savil
Emotion

Post by Emotion »

Yes I made no comment about my own personal ability to buy additional merc slots. It is just that in the past the MP has only sold aesthetic stuff and I have no problem with that. A useful game facility being made available only through the MP is breaking away from this and a worrying development. If however it is going to be, as has been suggested, a sort of early access 'you can either buy additional merc slots now or wait a month and then get them in game', then I am fine with that.

Thanks, Em
Emotion

Post by Emotion »

Oh and does the lack of responses about Staunch Recovery mean I am the only one with a bugged button?

Thanks, Em