Additional mercs

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: Additional mercs

Post by Voragath »

Shardin wrote:how do you find out about triple station cash day ? I had been waiting for that and missed it.
Today is Double Station Cash.

They post it on EQPlayers and on the eq boards under "community news" like today's double SC announcement: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts ... 20#2751186
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

It also was announced in the info/news box of the Station Launcher when you start the game, and was announced on that news/info window the pops up once you get into the game. Triple station cash was announced the same way, and was posted there for several days.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Savil wrote:What both svenalo and goranothos are both forgetting is the simple fact that we were told that the MP would NEVER be used for this. We were actually told that the items in MP would only be BS things that would have no impact on game play.

Extra merc slot (along with some of the other BS they have placed in MP) clearly fall on the other side.

Something I don't understand is the fact that the same core of people seem to jump to defend SoE each time they get busted in OUT RIGHT LIES to the playerbase and want to act like its no big deal. Each and every single time SoE lies to us its a very big damned deal and they should be called on it ... not have their ass kissed and excuses made for them.

I honestly could care less if it was 1 smurf dollar for the slot .. a lie is a lie. You many now continue to kiss ass.

Savil
Actually I am not forgetting what they said, and your understanding of what was said differs greatly from mine. What they said was that the items offered in the marketplace would not be required items in order to play the game effectively, and there has yet to be anything there that is required. Are there desirable things? Sure, and for some multiple merc slots may be desireable. But I haven't bought a merc slot, have no intention of doing so, and it affects me not at all. It is clearly not a required item - it is a nice to have thing for those that may want to alter group makeup on the fly or if someone leave, but it is by no means required for you to play the game. If it were required, then I guess you were not able to play the game for the last several years at all. In short, it is a convienence item. The last dustup was over the illusion that had some mana regen on it. I bought it sure, but not for the mana regen as all I wanted was that kind of illusion for fun and kicks, just like the skellie illusion I have - I don't even use it most of the time, and anyone who tries to say it is also a game changer must have cant play without it item is an idiot.

Note I am by no means in favor of the merc slot being in the marketplace, but not because of anything other than how the announcement was made. At Fan Faire when it was announced, they made a big deal about it and implied heavily, if they didn't state outright, that it was a VOA release item everyone would get just like everything else in VOA. Similar to what happened with GGH's, that announcement WAS at best heavily misleading in what people would receive with VOA.

So has SOE fallen on their face by putting merc slots in the marketplace? Not in my opinion. However they definitely have with regard to what they stated in the VOA release unveiling would be part of the VOA package.

NOTE: Stating that the marketplace is about microtransactions and that they are here to stay is not a defense of SOE, it is only a comment about the state of the online game business as a whole. It is a business model lots of online games are moving towards using in some manner shape or form, and SOE is merely chasing the cash cow like the rest of them.
Last edited by svenalo on Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

Shardin wrote:how do you find out about triple station cash day ?
I got an e-mail about it from SoE. I got another one today about the double SC day.