Additional mercs

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Re: Additional mercs

Post by svenalo »

Staunch works fine for me.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Emotion wrote:Oh and does the lack of responses about Staunch Recovery mean I am the only one with a bugged button?

Thanks, Em
You should do a petition and a /bug for this. This kind of thing was supposed to be fixed in last Wednesday's patch.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

The in-game reward of additional merc slots is not going to be easy in the slightest. I'm not sure how hard it will be but I'm almost certain it is going to be out of reach of most casuals.

It is very terrible they offered this up this way. The problem is that people will pay for this stuff so it's far too enticing. Then, people like Smedley get a genius idea to sell this under the guise of "convenience" to filch the pockets of those daft enough to fall for it.

I really hope they change course on this in the future but I highly doubt they will as long as there are people willing to pay insanely high prices to be able to get ahead in some way.
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

I agree vora, this was the very thing that people were scared would happen when they introduced the MP in the first place. I knew they wouldn't keep it as innocent as they claimed.

Savil
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

It is quite smart from SOE's standpoint. They know people will absolutely buy the mercs from Marketplace.

It will come in handy also for those times when a DPS leaves in your 2AM grind group and no1 is awake so you can pop a wiz merc instead of your usual cleric merc. I however refuse to buy something like that. For one, I will never need any other merc but a cleric. Now if they come out with a shammy type one, or enc type one it could become very enticing. But I will end up doing the solo tasks and hopefully get 2 the 'cheap' way.

The best thing for us as players to do is boycott stuff like this. However, it will never happen on the larger scale.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

Guys the "cheap" way was to buy some station cash during the "triple station cash" day Saturday, then buy the extra merc slot for a grand total of $5. Less than I pay for lunch at work.

Like it or not, SoE sees a way to make some cash, and they are going to do just that.

I bought the extra slot, big deal.

The alternative was to wait for some quest to be implemented that I would probably never be able to complete anyway, as V pointed out.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

It's called micro-transactions and it isn't going away. In fact, it is likely to become more and more the ingrained business model for all online activity.
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

What both svenalo and goranothos are both forgetting is the simple fact that we were told that the MP would NEVER be used for this. We were actually told that the items in MP would only be BS things that would have no impact on game play.

Extra merc slot (along with some of the other BS they have placed in MP) clearly fall on the other side.

Something I don't understand is the fact that the same core of people seem to jump to defend SoE each time they get busted in OUT RIGHT LIES to the playerbase and want to act like its no big deal. Each and every single time SoE lies to us its a very big damned deal and they should be called on it ... not have their ass kissed and excuses made for them.

I honestly could care less if it was 1 smurf dollar for the slot .. a lie is a lie. You many now continue to kiss ass.

Savil
Last edited by Savil on Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

Guess that makes them liars, doesn't it? I find your outrage amusing. Are you just now discovering that their main priority is making a profit?

I'm not "kissing their ass" at all. I actually don't give a smurf about SoE in any way, shape, or form. They are a business who happens to own a game that I enjoy playing. Nothing more, noting less.
Shardin
Conjurer

Post by Shardin »

how do you find out about triple station cash day ? I had been waiting for that and missed it.