Next Expansion AA's

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
bluejaye
Elementalist

Re: Next Expansion AA's

Post by bluejaye »

finishing blow for pet would be cool. i always have the worst mana issues when i have to nuke to kill.

i know it's not an aa, but mod rods working for endurance has been asked for by some friends of mine.

aa to entend the timer on the siphon line of spells. 17 minutes is better than 6 (still 94 so haven't tried the voa one yet), but this is the mana regen buff that tends to drop most for me. while i'm thinking of it, any chance we can get it so the nec mana regen buff doesn't overwrite this? i group with a nec a lot that cast her mana buff very inconsistently, so i siphon all the time when she forgets only to have it be overwritten again. with some improvements, siphon might be the a good candidate for some much needed mana improvements. or we could get a self only that beats the nec spell, so at least i'd be sure to get consistent mana returns even if it still conflicts with siphon.

aa to reduce the cast time and recast time of thaumatize pet, or possibly boost its return. i still keep it loaded and cast it a lot, but the timing of it is tricky. i often lose the nuke portion if i try to eek it in at the end of a fight, or i dont get into my dps til the mob's at 80% if i try to sneak it in after force.

i personally would like the mage unity type idea, although i understand the concerns with it. i'd put burnout, iceflame, and our aura together. it'd be awesome to put siphon in it and give them all the same timer, but i really don't see that happening. velocity has the issues pj mentioned, so if it is velocity we should be able to click it off. shaman get their unity buff at 91, when some of the components were higher level before that. i see no reason why mages shouldn't get this at 96.

i also really like the group fire core ability, or make elemental union a group version. would be nice if it works on dots as well. have it boost the extra nuke from pots. even melee procs, although i suspect that is going too far.

and to all those grant invis stone haters ... bah, i love that spell.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

1. An aa that summons a 60 second version of the epic pet that is at the appropriate level for the level of the next expansion. It should be a swarm pet, but not share a recast timer with host or the RS line, but should be affected by all aa's, focuses, spells that affect those lines.

2. An aa that makes a focused pet come out with max hp. Maybe we can get this issue fixed this way seeing has how they don't seem to want to do it any other way.

3. I like the group fire core idea - can add it in as the 4th spire effect.

4. A doppleganger aa that lets us create a doppleganger of our current main pet that does/has everything our pet does (commands, what it is attacking, what buffs it has, what it is wearing, etc). The dopple would live til the end of the current mob (or until it dies, or the pet it is doppling dies) and be on a recast of say 20 minutes.

5. Not an aa granted by aaxp, but instead an achievement/quest that grants the aa. Have the achievement be to go face down all the various elementals in Norrath, including all those famed named ones of the past. The task, though, would not be to kill them, but to capture a piece of their essence. Completing the quest/achievement would then grant the title Master of Elements and give you +1 level of any pet focus. IE if you had it, EM8 would act as EM9. We'd easily be able to get the essence of say some trash elemental wandering around lava storm, we'd have to do some side questing to get Ixiblat to spawn to get his, might need to get a bunch of folks to help go do a run in Solteris to get Focus of Sol and so on.
Conjem
Arch Mage

Post by Conjem »

svenalo wrote:
2. An aa that makes a focused pet come out with max hp. Maybe we can get this issue fixed this way seeing has how they don't seem to want to do it any other way.
Simple fix: Have it spawn with a HoT.
zbear
Trial Member

Post by zbear »

how about a new passive AA that gives us mana return when our pets..main or perhaps swarm/servant ... gets the kill shot on a mob... i know it would be massive for the soloing mages.. so i am sure there would have to be some limit on the amount... like twice or three times the amount the pet melee hit was for when it got the kill shot..

another one is perhaps a passive AA that gives us mana when our pets cast spells??
Shardin
Conjurer

Post by Shardin »

I like assasinate (lower level mobs) for our pets idea. This would mostly be good for plvling or for farming lower level stuff.
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

Our AA elemental forms are way out date. The effect on them do very little and many other classes have there own that evolved a great deal. Or all the clicky illusions that provide effect as good as or better. I would like to see these used to see more customization with a mage. Add ranks to them with current bonuses but make it either If my illusion matches pet, pet get a buff or I get a buff. If it is pet I could see each illusion having an aura (something i know already in game dynamics) but I hate that idea since pet oor a lot of times during raids. I prefer that the pet checks the mage and goes same as me (fire and fire) and cast a spell on owner (put something in the spells so they overwrite each other so we can't abuse it and cycle through forms to get all buffs, which would just asking for a nerf bat). Way I would see it is as follows and in line with our fire,earth, air, water core AAs or what previous forms did. This is added to current effects on each.

Fire matches: pet buffs mage with DD(all spell types fire and magic, magic is a joke if we casting it anyhow), bonus simliar to wizzie familiars or brells shawl DD procs (has to stack with other current DD bonus lines as well as to damage items already out there)
Air Matches: pet buffs mage with default % off of hate, or % to dodge (air is supposedly a monk)
Water matches: pet buffs mage with 1 to 2% spell shield (above cap) stackable with other lines
Earth matches: pet buffs mage with 1 to 2% shielding (above) stackable with other lines

Air would be the weakest stacking likely unless you really worried about aggro which mages usually aren't. Though it is somethign to consider in choosing pet and actually using our forms again. Though it would probably be better if it buffed both ways. Like fire pet get addition DD damgae. Air % to dodge, water more spell shield, earth more shielding. That way you could go air form to make your air pet tank better and sacrifice losing the m regen from water form.

------------------------------------------------------
Additional aura slot to click CoM and such clickies with pet aura up (though IMO pet aura is broken)
Our current pet aura is more of a debuff than a buff. If you raid, half the time you are oor of your pet and others, thus debuffing all pet of mammoths when everyone crowds around to buff. than they suick mob and you arent near that mob, thus no mod at all on pet. I liked it before when you could actually put it on the pet, suspend it, turn off aura, bring back pet and it had aura til it died. You could do this for any aura though so I can see where you can make a pet overpowered by putting every aura in game on it perm (I have a stable of lvl 70 toons with aruas I used to use for this). I know this isnt an AA, but maybe make it an AA to buff just our pet with this line with a timer (like mammoths rk4 or whatever you want to call it). Can keep the aura in game for grouping purposes when close range with other pets.
bluejaye
Elementalist

Post by bluejaye »

Shardin wrote:I like assasinate (lower level mobs) for our pets idea. This would mostly be good for plvling or for farming lower level stuff.
i know it's been a while, but i'd like to clarify. i don't think an assassination ability is something that mages will ever see. we're a different kind of class, and not really built to mass kill low level mobs. for this, we already have the surge line and vt, which is limited both by recast times and counters. i see us more as a class that can handle more difficult mobs in lower numbers, which is a style i generally prefer to sk style swarming. correct me if i'm wrong, but finishing blow is an ability that every melee class gets. yet we have a melee component to our class and don't have this ability. take into account that we don't have a snare or a root without an earth pet, and runners can be a real problem for us. the hp on mobs are escalating quickly enough that it can take a substantial amount of mana to finish off mobs. max force and every clicky nuke often aren't enough to kill runners. add into that the mana costs of our spells, and we're already hurting. finishing blow would relieve some of the mana issues in smaller, low dps groups or solo/moloing.
hokuspocus
Trial Member

Post by hokuspocus »

A harvest style AA much like wizzies have. I know ours would be weaker of neccessity but it would help our atrocious mana problems.
I completely concur that drape needs an invisibility compoenent added to it.
Merge fire core and vapor core together into something that improves both damage output and crit chances?
An AA pet that is insta cast and summons a single pet (not a gargoyle but something similar) that stays around for a few ticks then leaves. Decent boost to dps
and much more in line with mages than force of elements though I do like that AA. Fairly frequent re-use and it will help keep enough pets on hate list to help our strike spell.
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

Next exp they will get a few of the AAs we got last exp to actually work.. and give us 5-6 more broken AA's with promises of getting them working "soon". Its worked for them so far... *sigh*

Savil
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

hokuspocus wrote: Merge fire core and vapor core together into something that improves both damage output and crit chances?
We asked for this in beta and Eli said no. Any mention after reduces your faction standing with Eli. It needs to be done but convincing him is no easy matter.