Next Expansion Spells

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Darkenr
Volunteer

Re: Next Expansion Spells

Post by Darkenr »

Piemastaj wrote:
Bolded is the issue. If you demand a radical change, kind of what your asking to do, it requires a lot of code work. It also would shelf other attempts for us. If you have 1 big idea, and say that idea tanks or is just not as brilliant as you thought, we just wasted X amount of time on our class. That is not something anyone wants to do, waste time.

As to the grouper/solo issue, you can not even bring that up. We are so good in that situation it is crazy. The only thing we actually need there is better Mana Regen. Our nukes are perfectly fine, our pets tank fine, VT actually increased sustained DPS there, our garg pets can off-tank. Our only limiting factor is Mana regen/consumption.

If a grouper/soloer is worried at all, or under performing you need to join the serverwide channel. That is our bright spot atm.
Hence why I stated, that if it's a big coding issue, then I would say either shelf and/or put it on the "Would be nice, but don't do it if that's all you're going to have time for list." Who knows it may (probably not) would be a relatively easy thing to add, if it's not then oh well. Just because the group/soloer situation is as good as it needs to be, does not mean we shouldn't keep coming up with good ideas to add more tools. If we forget about the solo/grouper because we're "really good" right now, that's how we end up being stagnated. I've seen it countless times since starting to play this game in 1999 with not only the mage class but other classes as well. That's why I keep saying, we can't forget about the solo/group game, even if we're good now.

I do agree with you tho, if it's too much work, and it's going to be a minor increase for using up too much dev time, then put it on the back-burner until it's more feasible to implement if we want it in the future.
Last edited by Darkenr on Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

No1 is saying forget it.

I was simply saying, the whole 'omg grp game OMG dont forget omgzor' is a tired and played out line. The group game can never be forgotten. The group game is also the sole reason why raid mages are held back. The pets have to be able to take the hits the end-game mobs do. The DMG spells we get have to be able to sustain us in raids, therefore the group benefits.

Group and Raid are linked. They are actually trying to give us some raid only increases because we are 'OP' in the group game.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

I asked to see if it's possible.

I don't think it'll be much work if it is possible. You only need to create x number of RS pet templates above what the max is. So if we only do 3 focii higher, then that's only 3 new RS pets. I really doubt 3 pets will be that much work.

Coding time to make the RS check the focii and the number of pets on hatelist might be a time issue.

I'll let you know if Aristo ever responds to my question.
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

Voragath wrote:I asked to see if it's possible.

I don't think it'll be much work if it is possible. You only need to create x number of RS pet templates above what the max is. So if we only do 3 focii higher, then that's only 3 new RS pets. I really doubt 3 pets will be that much work.

Coding time to make the RS check the focii and the number of pets on hatelist might be a time issue.

I'll let you know if Aristo ever responds to my question.
K, thanks Voragath, it doesn't hurt to at least ask. Worst case they say it's too much work for too small of a gain, and if so, then back to the drawing board. :) Pie does bring up very valid points and concerns, so we'll see what the devs have to say.
Summerfrost
Elementalist

Post by Summerfrost »

just some ideas:

1. would it be possible to make our host of elements aa pets cast that many RS pets instead?
2. could change fickle fire to have a chance to proc an RS instead of the +/- dmg? with aa's to increase that chance?
3. magic based strike spell but worked off how many magic debuffs are on the mob.
4. make our pet aura targetable to our pet so hes the origin point of it, so it hits our pets? I think the lvl 70 spell Rathe's Str was like this. does that still work?
5. maybe a Dmg over time spell, we had a few in our 40-50's i think. on fade would add a debuff to mob that was simmilar to the pet aura?

just trying to throw in my two cents and maybe get some peeps to think outside the box.
Last edited by Summerfrost on Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Summerfrost wrote:just some ideas:

1. would it be possible to make our host of elements aa pets cast that many RS pets instead?
2. could change fickle fire to have a chance to proc an RS instead of the +/- dmg? with aa's to increase that chance?
3. magic based strike spell but worked off how many magic debuffs are on the mob.
4. make our pet aura targetable to our pet so hes the origin point of it, so it hits our pets? I think the lvl 70 spell Rathe's Str was like this. does that still work?
5. maybe a Dmg over time spell, we had a few in our 40-50's i think. on fade would add a debuff to mob that was simmilar to the pet aura?

just trying to throw in my two cents and maybe get some peeps to think outside the box.
Debuffs and DoTs are not a good area. There are only a limited amount of debuff slots for debuffs and DoTs. And if your guild is rolling with at least 4 necros they are all pretty much taken up.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Well, I can already say they won't change what Host of the Elements. If they did, it'd have to go on to higher ranks and then they'd just might as well make a new aa line. Having a Host of Rxxx Servants is a neat idea (ignoring push issues, of course).

Fickle flames already has a 25% chance to increase the next nuke by 1-100%. Doubt they'd go higher than 25% chance on anything.

And having our aura centered on the pet was causing it to break in the first place. They also decided, as a team, that the aura centered on the pet was a bad way to go so that's not gonna be an easy change; the odds are next to nothing to begin with on top of that.

I like the direction you are going, overall. Also, number of debuffs is an interesting idea. I doubt most groups hit such a high number of debuffs on a mob. Any idea you have for cutoffs? What about if it was debuffs in general? DoT's should/shouldn't count?
Summerfrost
Elementalist

Post by Summerfrost »

The strike of debuff would count similar to the check of pets on the normal strike line. I'd say they could just do non dmg debuffs and see where it goes, maybe even just 'magic' line debuffs. Would work to combat the raider vs grouper argument everyones kicking around. Was just an idea.

I was also thinking maybe a Conj meteor strike that was like our rain spells but it was single target and hit 6x times.

Just some thoughts to push around...
Summerfrost
Elementalist

Post by Summerfrost »

In regards to the pet aura thing, could they possibly give us a spell/aa that drops a totem that gaves off the bonus? I guess it doesn't seem all too raid friendly with all the push but I think they have something like that already coded for some classes.

As for Fickle I mean to take out the proc bonus it currently has and substitute it with a 25% chance to Proc an RS servant.
Last edited by Summerfrost on Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Voragath wrote:Fickle flames already has a 25% chance to increase the next nuke by 1-100%. Doubt they'd go higher than 25% chance on anything.
Here's an idea though (pre-first cup of coffee so this may be a bit "weird").

How about an activatable AA that makes Fickle XXXXXX similar to how the gift of XXXXXX mana works.
Rank 1: 25%-100%
Rank 2: 50%-100%
Rank 3: 75%-100%

Also turn it into a group recourse rather than a mage only recourse, or maybe even an aura. If they make it like the gift of mana it could be an ongoing thing just like GoxM; you need to spend 5 AA at rank 1, 10 AA at rank 2 and 15 AA at rank 3. Yea this is an AA idea (wrong thread I know) but working these two ideas in together could help out. If 25/50/75 is too high for 30 AA's then work the numbers out so the dev's are comfortable with it.