Next Expansion Spells

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Next Expansion Spells

Post by Voragath »

Just like the AA thread, this one is for spells. The difference will be that this isn't a thread for spells to discontinue even though we have quite a few that quite a lot of us would like to see die. Changes and new spell ideas are what this one is about so let's see 'em. Same rules as the AA thread:

Two rules:
1) Don't post outrageous or completely ridiculous ideas.

2) Keep it constructive and civil. It's ok to disagree but it must be 100% factual (no name calling, basic "it's stupid" comments, etc) or constructive. I will reserve the right to be draconian about this thread because we need it constructive. Again, it's ok for someone to post a bad idea because sometimes a bad idea makes someone think of a better one or a way to make the bad one good.

3) Restating the above: Do Not List spells you want to see die. This is for ideas, not spellbook changes.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: Next Expansion Spells

Post by Voragath »

New:
-Bundle Burnout, Iceflame, and Velocity (this is not easy and will cost us in dev time)
-Pet DI (cross posted in AA's)
-Escalating Assault
1: Add Proc: Escalating Assault Strike rate mod 800 (Escalating Assault Recourse I - chromatic 400DD)
2: Add Defensive Proc: Escalating Assault Parry rate mod 100 (2 sec stun/95)
4: Increase HP when cast by 10000
5: Increase Max Hitpoints by 10000
7: Trigger Effect: Escalating Assault Recourse II on Fade
12: Increase Hitpoints by 240 per tick
Duration: 6 ticks
Cast: Instant...
Additional info and full spell proposal here.
-Yaulp for pets

Changes:
Thaumatize overhaul
Last edited by Voragath on Fri May 04, 2012 5:48 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

How about a pet weapon spell that has a proc similar to the summoned nukes. Maybe something that does 140% of the damage that the normal pet weapons proc but have it with the same restrictions as the AtA/AtD line, the 32k/50k proc could be optional of course (but really cool if it was added).

Wouild a yaulp like spell for our pets be a viable spell?

A redo of a pet type aura would be nice also. Rather than the normal 10% damage bonus though have one that lets other pets in the area get a toned down version of each of our pets special attacks. If a mage had an air pet up with the aura active all pets in the vicinity of the mage pet would get a stun like ability similar to the level 1 paladin stuns, very handy against caster mobs but nothing that really hurts mob dps. If the water pet is up give all pets in the vicinity a backstab like ability; heavily toned down of course. Fire pet would grant other pets a small fire based proc to other pets. Earth pet could grant an additional bash proc to other pets.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

I'm thinking of asking Aristo to bundle Burnout, Iceflame, and Velocity (maybe AD as well).

I talked to Crystilla and they have something similar with Unified Triumverate. They have the individual and group versions still but a buff that casts Credence, spell haste, and their AC buff.

They apparently had some duration changes and a larger spell cost bump in using the Unified version over individual spells. If we get BO, Iceflame, and Velocity added into a unify spell, would increase mana and possibly shorter duration timers be ok? We will still have the individual spell versions available for longer timers.

I bring it up because we have tons of stuff to cast to start off the day and having to use up two full spell bars to get going is a bit ridiculous.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Hmm, maybe make it BO, iceflame, and pet canni. Put velocity as an innate aa as suggested in the aa thread.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Shorter duration? No...the cleric ones didnt come out shorter, where should ours? More mana? Fine as long as it is reasonable.
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

why on earth ask for something crappy? The point is to make us like it. We never get all we ask for, so look for something good incase they surprise us
Shardin
Conjurer

Post by Shardin »

Bundle pet buff to all in one and also add something new to the pet buff like a damage proc, absorbe dmg proc (preferred), or heal proc, or debuff proc anything proc.
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Post by Calebe »

Bundle the 3 is a good idea. Lesser duration? Why? That makes no sense. Just add the mana for all 3 spells together and be done with it. If they want a mana penalty as it is more convenient for us is a bad idea, but if they must 10% is fair. Odds are good you will use it during downtime, so no loss. If pet dies mid raid may as well make a fire pet and forget buffs.

If they don't give us an extension aa for the twin cast spell to up it duration, then a new twin cast spell with a longer duration is in order.

Elemental Push Back Spell. A spell that will cause a huge gust of air that will push a mob back but not cause you aggro. Great for when your traveling and a mob is in the way.

Calebe
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

svenalo wrote:Shorter duration? No...the cleric ones didnt come out shorter, where should ours? More mana? Fine as long as it is reasonable.
I was told by Crystilla they were. After the holiday stuff is done, I'll double check with her because maybe it was the other unification line (they have two). She also stated they were not too pleased with the duration change and maybe I misunderstood and she meant casting duration or recast. It is a much, much, larger convenience for them and it can hit a whole raid (if TGB-able) so there probably was reason. Her comments are what made me ask this question before just throwing it on the list.

I'm liking the feedback on this. Keep it coming =) Don't forget any new ideas or changes/tweaks to existing spells.