Next Expansion Spells

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Falore
Magician

Re: Next Expansion Spells

Post by Falore »

^ thanks for the update, at least we have a definitive answer now. Just wish SoE had been a bit more clear on how the NDA would apply to tier 3 sooner. :p
Last edited by Falore on Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

While there is no NDA for the Beta, we do ask that you still limit discussion of Beta to the Beta forums. Our developers are going to be very active in reading feedback in those forums specifically; if you post feedback elsewhere, it will be missed. Similarly, discussing Beta contents with people who aren’t in Beta isn’t very productive. If you want to discuss Beta, it’s much better to get involved in the Beta yourself. Once our signups are open we will be very quick in handing out invites, so don’t worry!

Apparently We can post about anything we want.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

Piemastaj wrote:While there is no NDA for the Beta, we do ask that you still limit discussion of Beta to the Beta forums. Our developers are going to be very active in reading feedback in those forums specifically; if you post feedback elsewhere, it will be missed. Similarly, discussing Beta contents with people who aren’t in Beta isn’t very productive. If you want to discuss Beta, it’s much better to get involved in the Beta yourself. Once our signups are open we will be very quick in handing out invites, so don’t worry!

Yeah I am not really sure why discussing with someone about somethign outside of Beta wouldn't be productive. If they know the mechanics but aren't in beta they will still understand how it works even though they can't see it. Also they may ask a question that invokes good testing of it to see what conflicts there could be. OBvisously if that data never gets back to the Dev, it is useless but it could make beta testers look in more areas and improve the data they give back to the devs.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Fleiss wrote:
Piemastaj wrote:While there is no NDA for the Beta, we do ask that you still limit discussion of Beta to the Beta forums. Our developers are going to be very active in reading feedback in those forums specifically; if you post feedback elsewhere, it will be missed. Similarly, discussing Beta contents with people who aren’t in Beta isn’t very productive. If you want to discuss Beta, it’s much better to get involved in the Beta yourself. Once our signups are open we will be very quick in handing out invites, so don’t worry!

Yeah I am not really sure why discussing with someone about somethign outside of Beta wouldn't be productive. If they know the mechanics but aren't in beta they will still understand how it works even though they can't see it. Also they may ask a question that invokes good testing of it to see what conflicts there could be. OBvisously if that data never gets back to the Dev, it is useless but it could make beta testers look in more areas and improve the data they give back to the devs.
You answered your own question. They will discuss something and never discuss it with the devs, just their friend(s). That's the problem. Communication is far more important to a dev than your friend(s).
rvd

Post by rvd »

Voragath wrote:
Fleiss wrote:

You answered your own question. They will discuss something and never discuss it with the devs, just their friend(s). That's the problem. Communication is far more important to a dev than your friend(s).

the way Fleiss worded his statement it sounds like the person in beta would talk with someone outside beta and then bring those questions and observations up to the Devs. Not that they would just talk to each other and never bring it up in beta or to the devs. I could be wrong but thats how I take the statement he made.
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

I meant it the way RVD said it. The data is useless if it never gets back to the devs BUT I do not think you have to be in beta to contribute. You can't parse but you can just as easily look up conflicts or ask does new ability X conflist with old ability Y? And someone in beta may not have thought of that and test it. Moot point with how they running this Beta, you can talk all you want to about it to someone not in beta. Just get relevant data back to devs.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Fleiss wrote:I meant it the way RVD said it. The data is useless if it never gets back to the devs BUT I do not think you have to be in beta to contribute. You can't parse but you can just as easily look up conflicts or ask does new ability X conflist with old ability Y? And someone in beta may not have thought of that and test it. Moot point with how they running this Beta, you can talk all you want to about it to someone not in beta. Just get relevant data back to devs.

That's the thing though, this conversation doesn't it make it to the devs. Sometimes, the conversation body itself is just as important as the end result. The point is, conversation has to happen with the devs as well. They are aware of the conversations that happen, even CRT's do it amongst each other sometimes, and a lot gets lost and the devs don't hear about it.

There will be times where incidental conversation happens, that is not what Piestro was talking about though.
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

Voragath wrote:
Fleiss wrote:I meant it the way RVD said it. The data is useless if it never gets back to the devs BUT I do not think you have to be in beta to contribute. You can't parse but you can just as easily look up conflicts or ask does new ability X conflist with old ability Y? And someone in beta may not have thought of that and test it. Moot point with how they running this Beta, you can talk all you want to about it to someone not in beta. Just get relevant data back to devs.

That's the thing though, this conversation doesn't it make it to the devs. Sometimes, the conversation body itself is just as important as the end result. The point is, conversation has to happen with the devs as well. They are aware of the conversations that happen, even CRT's do it amongst each other sometimes, and a lot gets lost and the devs don't hear about it.

There will be times where incidental conversation happens, that is not what Piestro was talking about though.
Like I said in every post if it doesn't get back to the Devs it is pointless.

I can only take what Piestro said at face value. Please limit beta discussions to beta, not please only limit this or that. Something could be lost absolutely but so could something be lost because they have to read through 20 post of fluff to get to the true problem. To prove my point, see next comment.

Please don't bother repling and quoting me if you aren't going to read what I say. It just proves people attention spans are only soo much and adding post for the sake of comments does nothing and the real truth could be overlooked.