Next Expansion Spells

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
bluejaye
Elementalist

Re: Next Expansion Spells

Post by bluejaye »

3. magic based strike spell but worked off how many magic debuffs are on the mob.

interesting idea. a mage moloing certainly wouldnt be able to max it out. i like this idea more than scaling with pets in general. pets die on raids a lot, and raid leaders ban swarm pets quite a bit. something like this would be more consistent raid dps than *** of many currently is.

5. maybe a Dmg over time spell, we had a few in our 40-50's i think. on fade would add a debuff to mob that was simmilar to the pet aura?

i'm not a big fan of mages getting dots. one of the reasons we work so well with mez classes is because we can change targets if needed, and not have dots on something preventing it from being mezzed. it might not be quite as big of an issue if the tank mercs assisted like they're supposed to, but i find on chanter i have to mez the first mob when a second adds because the tank merc breaks mez on the second one.
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

Dear god, the very last thing mages need is a DoT!!! It was stupid back then, and its stupid now. It was *almost* as stupid as the mez / charm spells we were given.

That said, a nuke line that based its damage off of how many DoTs / Debuffs are currently on the mob would be interesting IMHO, but I'm betting is beyond SoE's ability to do correctly.

Savil
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

I asked about the ability to check mob debuffs and no answer yet.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Wizards have an ability to proc Twincast off of their best nukes, us procing a Garg pet would be interesting off of a Spear. Doubt it can be coded properly, but it would be interesting to see.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Summerfrost
Elementalist

Post by Summerfrost »

well they could just increase the nuke that the RS servant already has....

Maybe make Summon: Blazing Orb unlimited charges, temporary like the mod rods, we cant give it to anyone else anyhow.

again just throwing ideas out there that might be easy for the devs to fix us.
Last edited by Summerfrost on Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Summerfrost wrote:well they could just increase the nuke that the RS servant already has....

Maybe make Summon: Blazing Orb unlimited charges, temporary like the mod rods, we cant give it to anyone else anyhow.

again just throwing ideas out there that might be easy for the devs to fix us.
That nuke is there to break mezz only. It isn't there to do any real DMG. I would be upset if they increased it so that the mob could be in summon mode after using it, just my 2 cents though.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Summerfrost
Elementalist

Post by Summerfrost »

we can break mez with our aa dmg spell, usually doesnt summon me
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

Adding damage to the RS pet cast would be very very bad. The very last thing you want is for the mob to run after YOU when your breaking mez / pulling / OT'ing ADD with RS pet.

Savil
Summerfrost
Elementalist

Post by Summerfrost »

......when your grouping???? isnt that the fight mages face? grp vs raiding?
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

If you add a large nuke to the Garg pet line that is aggro that will be transfered to the caster, not the pet. Similar to the AA nuke, that is aggro for the mage. One of the uses of a Garg pet is to offtank mobs, if we proc a 20k nuke on a freshly engaged mob we will jump aggro from it.

I like that ideas are coming out, I just don't think it would be in our best interest to add onto the Garg pets nukes. It would negatively impact the group/solo game.