DPS Improvements in January

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Danille

DPS Improvements in January

Post by Danille »

Eldiroth announced in Wizzy Forums:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts ... 3&#2751334
svenalo
Arch Magus

Re: DPS Improvements in January

Post by svenalo »

I don't see where he said that would be for us.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

I would not hold your breath about this getting done for us. It was not in our class thread, altho it was a general statement (ie: not directed at just Wizards ) it can't be relied on until they tell us directly.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Danille

Post by Danille »

svenalo wrote:I don't see where he said that would be for us.
He didnt, He posted his statement in the wizzy forums. Thought it was important for the mages to know they are still adjusting caster dps and not to let up on the math.
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some out of cycle (July) dps changes. Once they see the dps differences with their new tools, they might do something about it
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

deadman1204 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some out of cycle (July) dps changes. Once they see the dps differences with their new tools, they might do something about it
I actually asked Elidroth about this. Because we did get substantial increases to our burn discs, so it is harder to get things increased and such. Have yet to hear much back from him recently tho, not to say I am getting ignored but he is probably busy or on vacation.

I find it quite hard to believe we will not be seeing something done though, especially if they are being truthful about their new parsing systems. My guild has done multiple burn fights and sustain fights now. They have to be able to see we are lacking quite a bit. If we are meant to be 80% of the top-end burn we are lacking by about 22k DPS compared to my parses from last nights burn. Pretty sure it isn't going to be a 'will this get done' but a 'when will this get done?' type of an issue.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Calebe
Arch Convoker

Post by Calebe »

Lets stay positive. He was replying to a wizard thread. Elidroth did not exclude mages in fact he excluded no one, and I am sure made a point to not say I am working on upgrading wizards, but was a very general statement. He has posted on our boards saying mages need DPS help. Stay positive, make suggestions, and hope for the best. If we get nothing it won't be for a lack of trying, but a defeatist attitude will get us nowhere if we sit back and remain silent.

Calebe
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

That post is specifically aimed at the wizards. The devs have made no mention to me about boosting mage dps. Currently, they aren't willing to discuss any bumps but it's early in the expansion still--they are willing to listen to ideas and how the classes are doing =). Vacations are starting or about to start, which always happens after release, so it might not be until January before we can start pushing for/seeing changes.

Their new tool is not the only way for them to determine how we are doing relating to other classes and our own parses are just as necessary as ever. Those in top guilds should still be giving clean, or as close to it as you can, parses for the devs to use as well. Beware, their new tool is good enough they can easily spot a phony/doctored/skewed parse.

This isn't to say changes aren't needed, because they clearly are; it's to say the link in the OP is specifically for the wizards at this moment.
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

We the players know and understand that the mage class needs changes bigtime. This is no secret. The major issue is the devs don't seem to understand this. I will toss this out right now, IMHO they will not give mages any *real* DPS increases for at least 6 months (IE something that actually goes towards fixing the damned problems).

Furthermore I would bet money that they will gloss over it then saying the same BS we got last year when PJ and I were after them.... "well, we moded FC to give you a small DPS bump, but we can't do more until next exp as we can't make major changes in the middle of the year..." Which was the same line we got before that. Then next year mages can play the entire game all over again.

I'd love for the devs to prove me wrong here *grin*, but I think its stupid to ignore history, and the current devs have a long well established history of fail when it comes to the mage class.

Sorry PJ, but imho mages are smurf for at least 1 more year. Hell at this point mages have been screwed just as bad as beastlords were for several years. smurf huh, to have BSTs out DPSing mages so badly now that they are considered far more valuable on raids than mages.

Savil
Shardin
Conjurer

Post by Shardin »

Yeah it seems like mobs have so many hp now and we don't have the dps to take them down. Then other classes just mow them down like nothing. I'd like to see mages be the best dps or show up on top 10 parses on raids but we aren't even close to a lot of other classes now. It's only going to get worse as melee get their t4 raid weaps. I just wish I knew what the developers strategy is. Is it, for example, to make mages 5th rank on burst and 6th rank on slow burn or do they have some kind of chart that sorts out the target dps for specific classes?