Breaking Ballistae

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Breaking Ballistae

Post by Tweelis »

So as I meander around in Argath some tasks are easy and others not so easy. Well, Breaking Ballistae is one of those not so easy. Now that I've destroyed the four catapults (with some help) getting to Bursin the Legend is proving to be majorly challenging to put it nicely. Going around in circles, on top of walls and through many swarms of see invis mobs is driving me batty. Anybody have a suggestion on a route to take to get to him?

About me and what I can bring. Level 94 with 4100 AA's (all pet aa's through HoT) with EM8 focus. I have a healer merc. I can fairly reliably get a friend to bring either her chanter (with a healer merc) or cleric (with a tank merc). Once in awhile there will be somebody else on when I can log on but it's more miss than hit regarding this.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Danille

Re: Breaking Ballistae

Post by Danille »

It can be done molo but it requires alot of tricks. CoN pet, Fade, putting merc on passive, etc. On the other hand if you happen to find a bunch of folks experiencing there, it is trival as the mobs will all be split.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Or buy some rocketeer boots in the marketplace and jump over the wall and land right near him.
sharrien
Elementalist

Post by sharrien »

With a mage and beast combo I used CoH to train away some groups of see-invis or split them and kill them. There's a few roamers in Bursin's area that you have to either kill or avoid during pulls, but I had little trouble setting up at the end opposit the catapult and chipping away at things until I could kill Bursin. Beastlord (somewhat raid geared to HoT T2/3) tanked singles, but one pet or the other would offtank if I got an add or a named. Mine are EM8 with all pet AA thru HoT as well.
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan
Celestial Navigators - Maelin Starpyre
Cindayen1234
Magician

Post by Cindayen1234 »

Honestly, I invised and ran like hell, the train was nasty and distasteful to others but it got the job done. I still died in the end, but the hail was done. Its hard might take a few runs, but you can get it. I did notice when on mount a lot of the see invis kos mobs will not aggro unless you slow down.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Cindayen1234 wrote:Honestly, I invised and ran like hell, the train was nasty and distasteful to others but it got the job done. I still died in the end, but the hail was done. Its hard might take a few runs, but you can get it. I did notice when on mount a lot of the see invis kos mobs will not aggro unless you slow down.
I considered doing that but the dev's put in a safeguard to prevent that......the next task begins with Bursin so if you hail and die you'll just have to get back somehow to start Argath 6.

Luckily a guildie used his mage box and coh'd a group down there and we knocked out Argath 6 after the hail. Although the task is finished I can't add anything to this post for people in the future.
Shardin
Conjurer

Post by Shardin »

don't know fi it helps but i used SOS clicky to maneauver in there
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

If you are not with a group and have to make the run, fade is your friend. To buy you some extra time, pet DA to stop mobs too close to you then fade.

When I did it, it was myself, a ranger and a shaman. Pulled what we could and ran through other places, CoH'd, faded, cover tracks. We used a little bit of everything to get there.
Cindayen1234
Magician

Post by Cindayen1234 »

Tweelis wrote:
Cindayen1234 wrote:Honestly, I invised and ran like hell, the train was nasty and distasteful to others but it got the job done. I still died in the end, but the hail was done. Its hard might take a few runs, but you can get it. I did notice when on mount a lot of the see invis kos mobs will not aggro unless you slow down.
I considered doing that but the dev's put in a safeguard to prevent that......the next task begins with Bursin so if you hail and die you'll just have to get back somehow to start Argath 6.

Luckily a guildie used his mage box and coh'd a group down there and we knocked out Argath 6 after the hail. Although the task is finished I can't add anything to this post for people in the future.
When did they put in the safeguard for that? I did it about 5 days ago. I seriously have to wonder what they did now. I will make the run tomorrow night and tell you my findings.
Cindayen1234
Magician

Post by Cindayen1234 »

BTW, i tested it, my way still works.