Next Exp: Rain of Fear

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Next Exp: Rain of Fear

Post by Voragath »

Next expansion announced:
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts ... 49#2834952

Hello Norrath!

There aren’t many people that say that they have been involved in a project as highly acclaimed as EverQuest. Fortunately, I am one of those few people that can. Now, in my fourth year with the team, I have the distinct pleasure to announce the latest expansion for EverQuest: Rain of Fear™

EverQuest celebrates an unprecedented 20th major game release with the Rain of Fear™ Expansion. Thirteen years after the initial launch of EverQuest and 19 expansions later, Rain of Fear™ continues an exciting storyline that started two years ago with the mysterious House of Thule™ Expansion, and continued in Veil of Alaris™.

You and your friends destroyed the newly created god, The Triumverate, causing an explosion that rocked Norrath and released the stolen power of fear. This power is returning to Norrath, falling from the sky in the form of crystalline shards. Who will gain control of the essence of fear and bring balance between good and evil?

The Harbingers of Thule entreat you to gather the essence of their lost god before it falls into the hands of others. You will uncover the mysteries of the giant crystals that have fallen to Norrath, explore newly discovered lands, revisit the frozen wastes of Velious, and battle old foes empowered by shards, confront them and reclaim the power of fear.

Along the way you will progress up to the unprecedented level of 100! We're pretty excited to see the first character reach level 100 in EverQuest, a true gaming landmark.

We will also be adding a few amazing features to this classic game. We will be adding a way to track your relative aggro level. Ever wanted to know when the bad guy was about to turn around and mash your rogue before it happened? With the new aggro meter if you get caught over-aggroing, you'll have no real excuse. There are also new Collection and Hunter Tasks; these will allow you to gather up various items all over Norrath as well as track your kills to gain new titles and new rewards. Want to become the Gnollslayer? Gnomeslayer? Now you can. We will also be making some major improvements to the brokering system. The Autonomous Brokering system (name may change if people continue to have issues pronouncing it...) is something that you have asked us for, something that we've wanted to make for you, for years. You will be able to turn off your computer and keep your trader up in Bazaar!

This is an exciting expansion for the EverQuest team, we hope it will be just as exciting for our customers as well. Thanks for playing EverQuest!

Thom "Phathom" Terrazas

on behalf of the EverQuest Team
Savil
Arch Mage

Re: Next Exp: Rain of Fear

Post by Savil »

Agro meter?? HAHHAHAHAHAHA

Savil
Summerfrost
Elementalist

Post by Summerfrost »

I'll wait to see beta. Sounds fun to go back to old world stuff.
Last edited by Summerfrost on Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Conjem
Arch Mage

Post by Conjem »

Danille the gnomeslayer... /sigh
Danille

Post by Danille »

Hey! Gnomes are not simply slayed. BBQed maybe!
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

Is teriyaki gnome an option?
yaladilae
Magician

Post by yaladilae »

I wonder how agrometer will help esp. when some raids where we use pet to tank (because we have a raid force which is extremely heavy on mage...)
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

I thought that mage air pets (back when they could stun everything at least) usually had the highest agro anyway, so they had to make player characters in melee range take agro over a pet no matter what. So, agreeing with yaladilae's post above, I wonder how the agro meter will work for mages. Will it show only the mage agro, will pets have a separate meter?
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

If it is anything like Gamparse, it should display everything on the hatelist including pets. I would imagine that there will be a cutoff feature or something of that sort (kind of like the top 10 showed on a parse).

Hoping things are separate, because we could be at the top of the hatelist and yet not have aggro with the way our pets handle our aggro situation.

As to how it would help, it will show who is slacking. Some events like Pillars have aggro checks where bad things happen if a class loses top aggro on a mob iirc. I just hope this does not open the door to more events where X class needs Y aggro or a DT goes off or whatever.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

I'd much rather see a distance to mob meter than an aggro meter, but that's just me.