Next Exp: Rain of Fear

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Summerfrost
Elementalist

Re: Next Exp: Rain of Fear

Post by Summerfrost »

Wonder how much it will help
Foaaniel
Magician

Post by Foaaniel »

i would much rather see a " PET TAB " in the inventory window, showing what a fully geared / buffed pet really looks like
In the time of chimpanzees i was a monkey .....and Curious george is my long lost brother
Danille

Post by Danille »

A pet inventroy window would be a very slipperly slope where we would also have to loot gear for our pets instead of just EM focus. No thanks. There is no need for us to see what we know is already there.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

Danille wrote:A pet inventroy window would be a very slipperly slope where we would also have to loot gear for our pets instead of just EM focus. No thanks.
I agree to an extent.
Danille wrote: There is no need for us to see what we know is already there.
I disagree. How long did it take us to figure out that pets weren't getting haste masks?

Instead of a fully manipulatable pet inventory window, which would allow us to give and take away items from out pets, a simple command, similar to /pet health, that lists all the items the pet has equipped would be a good thing, IMO.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Goranothos wrote:
Danille wrote:A pet inventroy window would be a very slipperly slope where we would also have to loot gear for our pets instead of just EM focus. No thanks.
I agree to an extent.
Danille wrote: There is no need for us to see what we know is already there.
I disagree. How long did it take us to figure out that pets weren't getting haste masks?

Instead of a fully manipulatable pet inventory window, which would allow us to give and take away items from out pets, a simple command, similar to /pet health, that lists all the items the pet has equipped would be a good thing, IMO.
Every time this comes up, I have to give the same response. This is on the LONG list of things to get done but it is waaaaay down on the priority. It has been there for 3 years.
Kitten
Trial Member

Post by Kitten »

one thing that would be nice would be a pet disarm ablity to make your pet disarm if you wanted to go from agro to deagro weapons or something i can't see it happeneing just an idea but a pain
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

We've asked for variations of the pet weapon swapping for the last several expansions. Way down on the priority list no doubt.
Foaaniel
Magician

Post by Foaaniel »

is there ever going to be a way we can " switch " like players can do with merc for our pets
In the time of chimpanzees i was a monkey .....and Curious george is my long lost brother
Danille

Post by Danille »

it is way way down on the priority list.

The last time I know of that it was brought up was at Fan Faire 2011 where Doug (Elidroth) and I discussed it during one of the panels. At that time when I asked him about it he specifically said.

" Yes we could do it at some point. In fact the new code to switch out mercs techically makes it possible, but not at this time."

Now in the big scheme of things, we are much better off today that that arena as we have the following advantages:

1) when we cast a pet gem, the pet comes out fully focused, with all gear on it excluding weapons, so it is not just a naked pet.
2) we have the cpability of pocketing one of 4 types of pets, with weapons and fully raid buffed with aa's/buffs on it with frozen timers.

So can then do it, sure...

I am not sure if anyone else has brought it up since then.
Foaaniel
Magician

Post by Foaaniel »

can u email the DEV with this idea and thread attachment