OMG Finally!

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Re: OMG Finally!

Post by deadman1204 »

Whats the big deal? The only difference is that you don't need to jump through some hoops before entering the tier1 raid zone?
You still need a raid to kill the mobs
Potawatomi
Volunteer

Post by Potawatomi »

I believe its the fact that you are going back to NToV to raid. I personally never raided there when it was current but have a few friends that did and are excited about this. I'm looking forward to going there as well.
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

It will be fun that it's instanced.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Issue is, NToV is geared towards T1 RoF though. Not that I believe it will make a difference (it was stupid easy until the devs increased things about the raids).

If you look at VoA though, T2 was being open raided on numerous servers with flags being required. IMHO the flags are not the issue, the issue is, is the content worth doing with the time you put in? For VoA it was worth it to spend 30 to 45 mins to clear T2 and get solid loot for alts/casual players.

If you had a key-less zone with Fumerak prenerf (hardest event in VoA) it would not lead to anything at all except guilds doing it.

RvR will always be key to this.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Cindayen1234
Magician

Post by Cindayen1234 »

NToV would be an awesome raid experience again. I hear rumors that some of the uber guilds are fighting to have it locked behind RoF raids so not just anyone can do them. Is this true?
Danille

Post by Danille »

Cindayen1234 wrote:NToV would be an awesome raid experience again. I hear rumors that some of the uber guilds are fighting to have it locked behind RoF raids so not just anyone can do them. Is this true?
The zone is a side project of Doug (Elidroth) and is not intended for uber guilds. An instanced version of NTOV which all the players of EQ could get, enjoy and experience what old school EQ was like with a new high level twist added to it to make the content relevant again.

Without going into too much detail, few folks in a certain high end guild went ballistic and made asses out of themselves over it when Doug called them out and told again that the zone was not for them.

You know that same elitist attitude, infuriated that there would be content in the game not designed for them. Then they used every single argument, game breaking, etc. to either attempt to nerf the rewards or make the content harder. Same old same old. it is really too funny to watch those self centered fools so upset.

End result. The rewards are mostly RoF t1.5 level and the dragons are harder to fight.
Last edited by Danille on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cindayen1234
Magician

Post by Cindayen1234 »

That actually makes me excited! I miss those raids.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Just an afterthough (not sure if could be implemented at this time) but maybe something like the old LDoN raids with a twist. Keep the current NToV raids with their rewards but also have a hard mode with endgame rewards and challenges. Make the hard mode locked behind raid progression.

Heck, if elitists really want uber tough and rewards keep it old school and bring back the way Veeshans Peak use to be. No corpse summoning to lobby, necro call corpse is restricted, coh doesn't work, gm's will say so sad too bad, etc. Bring back the pain that old school raiding.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

Tweelis wrote:Heck, if elitists really want uber tough and rewards keep it old school and bring back the way Veeshans Peak use to be. No corpse summoning to lobby, necro call corpse is restricted, coh doesn't work, gm's will say so sad too bad, etc. Bring back the pain that old school raiding.
Don't forget the zone would need to be non-instanced, boss spawns take days, no Raid window, etc., etc. Let the crying, whining, drama, and "cock blocking" commence. Just like the "good old days". :mrgreen:
Last edited by Goranothos on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Tweelis wrote: Heck, if elitists really want uber tough and rewards keep it old school and bring back the way Veeshans Peak use to be. No corpse summoning to lobby, necro call corpse is restricted, coh doesn't work, gm's will say so sad too bad, etc. Bring back the pain that old school raiding.
Lol, classic. Also no spawning with your gear so you have to tote around several gear sets to try and break back in to get your corpse. :twisted:

Not to OMG #2.
I'm looking forward to going back to NToV to raid even though most of Velious raiding was never happy times for a mage.