OMG Finally!

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Re: OMG Finally!

Post by svenalo »

NToV is loads of bad memories. I was COH mage...so that meant I had to maintain ToV faction...which meant standing around for hours doing nothing on raids but COHing pullers here or there or run up and COH a group this or that spot or whatever. Total boredom and even with not fighting I would still get the nasty faction hit on the odd occasion when a named died so that then meant hours of faction repair in Kael. We spent months farming it and I got one piece of gear the whole time (Feshlak's staff) as the guild I was in back then wasn't DKP or bidding but based all gear on some merit based discussion. I am not looking forward to raiding in there, or any of the retread zones of RoF, at all.
Danille

Post by Danille »

They made a big point of removing any negative faction hits from the new instanced version.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Thank god for small favors. :)

Although fixing faction these days wouldn't take nearly as long - given how you can tear through Kael in a flash.
Last edited by svenalo on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

svenalo wrote:Thank god for small favors. :)

Although fixing faction these days wouldn't take nearly as long - given how you can tear through Kael in a flash.
True that.
You forgot that along with the endless CoH'ing and avoiding faction hits, you were also just a pez dispenser for rods. Summon, drop on ground... rinse and repeat. Nothing else. Lol .... Good ole days.
This time round seems like it'll be fun.
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

Sillaen wrote:I'm looking forward to going back to NToV to raid even though most of Velious raiding was never happy times for a mage.
1. Don't use a pet because of the AEs and you can't control it.
2. Stand here and drop Mod Rods on the ground for the healers.
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

insert quarter please?
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Sillaen wrote:
svenalo wrote:Thank god for small favors. :)

True that.
You forgot that along with the endless CoH'ing and avoiding faction hits, you were also just a pez dispenser for rods. Summon, drop on ground... rinse and repeat. Nothing else. Lol .... Good ole days.
This time round seems like it'll be fun.
Yeah, it was the suck back then. Mind numbing.
Cindayen1234
Magician

Post by Cindayen1234 »

Sillaen wrote:
Tweelis wrote: Heck, if elitists really want uber tough and rewards keep it old school and bring back the way Veeshans Peak use to be. No corpse summoning to lobby, necro call corpse is restricted, coh doesn't work, gm's will say so sad too bad, etc. Bring back the pain that old school raiding.
Lol, classic. Also no spawning with your gear so you have to tote around several gear sets to try and break back in to get your corpse. :twisted:

Not to OMG #2.
I'm looking forward to going back to NToV to raid even though most of Velious raiding was never happy times for a mage.
OMG I remember that hell haha. I sometimes miss it LOL