Enhanced Minion XIII (tier 2 RoF group pet focus)

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Falore
Magician

Enhanced Minion XIII (tier 2 RoF group pet focus)

Post by Falore »

EM 13 is the end-game RoF grouper pet focus (at least initially) I'm sure most people due to the nature of how easy alaris was at least have EM 14 though but I realize a lot of people do not.

You currently have 2 options to get EM 13 in RoF

1. Camp the worker's Champion near the sewers of the end zone: Xorbb

He's a super easy named that spawns 2 very low hp adds (can break off and kill em easily while pet tanking) every 10 percent of his health and also when he's down to 5 percent. Very easy named but you may want a puller to be able to pull his room / ph's because he seemed to have like 4 mobs bunched up around a table in his ph location.

2. The third group mission in the valley of Xorbb (it's a bonus mission of sorts) "Find the Gems.... or Die!" There are NO requirements for requesting this mission If you wanted to you can run to the valley of king xorbb, go to his throne room deep in the zone and request the mission within minutes of Rain of Fear's launch and get your pet focus on day 1 potentially (requires level 98 though)

The mission is incredibly easy, the bulk of the mission can be solo'd by a feign death class, or bard or a boxer that can stack IVU + regular invis within about 10 minutes, after you get past the initial phase of looting gems from specific chests you face a boss battle that spawns adds as he loses health (easy boss just make sure you break off and kill the adds as the mob dies or you will be overwhelmed because the adds do not depop when the boss dies) *the boss is weaker than worker's champion in the non instance*
Last edited by Falore on Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Conjurous
Elementalist

Re: Enhanced Minion XIII (tier 2 RoF group pet focus)

Post by Conjurous »

Might have to give it a go soon as servers come up, can stack invis's or use my necro to do that stuff but could also just kill stuff there for xp.
Arien

Post by Arien »

Thanks for the info Falore, very cool of you post this up, EM is always high on my priority list and my husbands for his Beastlord, I do find your comments a little strange though.

You post about a group content focus then state,

" I'm sure most people due to the nature of how easy alaris was at least have EM 14 though but I realize a lot of people do not."

So 'Most' raiders will have at least 14 with all the non raiders making up the 'a lot of people do not' :)

My guess is you raid, and by my post you can likely guess I dont.

Arien
95 Mage Bristlebane
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

I used a betabuffed toon (they come with T4 Alaris group gear and terrible augs) with max aa's to get the EM 12 focus. I molo'd the mob easy enough. Used 50% of my mana and this was before the pet and spell changes (so better defending pet but less dps from me). I don't see the changes making it that much harder as I've solo'd other named mobs since then with the same gear.

This fits with Falos' observation above. If you want a focus this time around, I don't think you'll be challenged to get one--except by time.
Last edited by Voragath on Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arien

Post by Arien »

That kinda fits with what i saw early Beta heading in with betabuff 95 toons, me and the hubby went in with a Mage and Beast duo with 2 healer mercs , the same basic party we play all the time.

Our opinion at the time was that RoF was too easy, when the copy of our real equipped chars was done that further trivialised the content imho.

I know all the arguments ref accessibility but i really think RoF is pitched low, VoA wasnt a total joke comming in with full HoT4 group gear but the drops were badly scaled, as has been said many times before, skipping the first 2 tiers of drops in an expansion isnt in my view a good player experience.

That said T1 RoF should really be the gearing up stop for people who may want to bypass VoA but still should be a tough gig anywhere if your comming in without decent kit

Soloing Named ! really. thats broken before its Live

Arien
Arien

Post by Arien »

Bah posted a long comment regarding my feelings from Beta about the low difficulty of RoF early zones vs VoA and the itemisation but then lost it as' you cant post so soon after your last post' ?? hmm waste of time that then.

I'll Sum up If you are soloing Named imho then its pitched way too low. I know people cant/dont/wont always group but that seems just wrong,
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Arien wrote:Bah posted a long comment regarding my feelings from Beta about the low difficulty of RoF early zones vs VoA and the itemisation but then lost it as' you cant post so soon after your last post' ?? hmm waste of time that then.

I'll Sum up If you are soloing Named imho then its pitched way too low. I know people cant/dont/wont always group but that seems just wrong,
There's a system in place to help keep out spambots. New members and/or low post count members need to have posts approved. Yours just got caught up in the queue. They are both posted now :)
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

I have a few questions regarding pets.

Right now in zeka my raid buffed earth pet with em8 can tank about 6 mobs with moderate effort, up to 10 doing everything I can to keep it alive (sans a merc). I'm wondering if the 96 air pet (with the same em8 and raid buffs) will be able to do the same? I'm trying to get the tier 1 voa raid focus, anybody have a best guess how much that'll help regarding an air pet tanking multiple mobs in zeka?

I do realize the air pet tanks single targets well because of it's stun and gets destroyed by a second mob due to it only stunning one mob. Zeka will go green at 98 if my calculations are right. After that I'll probably head to the well or some VoA zone; it's level 96/97 I'm thinking about.

Also somebody told me theft of essence has been broken. I like zeka so I can use the anti-summoned nukes and get "free" healing for my pet. Is theft of essence still broken? and if it is still broken is it the healing part that's broken or something else?
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Theft of Essence is broken on the anti-summon nukes starting at level 88 and up. The new one (RoF) wasn't working to proc it either, last time I checked.
Falore
Magician

Post by Falore »

Arien wrote:Thanks for the info Falore, very cool of you post this up, EM is always high on my priority list and my husbands for his Beastlord, I do find your comments a little strange though.

You post about a group content focus then state,

" I'm sure most people due to the nature of how easy alaris was at least have EM 14 though but I realize a lot of people do not."

So 'Most' raiders will have at least 14 with all the non raiders making up the 'a lot of people do not' :)

My guess is you raid, and by my post you can likely guess I dont.

Arien
95 Mage Bristlebane

Well i mostly don't consider myself a raider, though i have 2 mages with the EM 14 focus because my server (and i know of a few other raid forces on other servers) that have occasional open raids for tier 2 Alaris, due to the open raid nature and how little effort and time the open raids too with currency I consider it very easy for a lot of people to have EM 14.

I do however, know that a large chunk of people dont even attend open raids which was why I made the post of where to get the EM 13 ears. Alaris is probably the 2nd easiest expansion in the game for non raiders to obtain raid pet focus earrings in (the easiest being SoD). SoD pretty much just required people to get a tower of discord DZ raid win add, Alaris is kinda similar in that regard except you will need 3 dz adds + physically zone into the instances to collect tier 2 currency to purchase em 14)
Last edited by Falore on Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.