Enhanced Minion XIII (tier 2 RoF group pet focus)

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Conjurous
Elementalist

Re: Enhanced Minion XIII (tier 2 RoF group pet focus)

Post by Conjurous »

Whats the trash mobs like in that instance? worth killing em for xp or just invis stack most of the task?
Arien

Post by Arien »

Hi,

Thats cool, i've not been on a raid since PoP Guild fell apart with lots of Blame/resentment over no shows and loot Clerics took a huge bashing and
alot of them either stopped playing or swapped to unguilded alts. So me and hubby
ended up taking a break from eq from twards the end of PoP right through to HoT
when we came back Joining a much more laid back no raiding guild.

I know at the end of our PoP days there were some crazy Open raids running that
took alot of flack from the 'real' raiders but as far as i'm aware theres nothing like that
now on Bristlebane, Certainly nothing thats ever in /general.

Dunno if i came over as having a go, certainly didnt intend to, And am genuinely thankfull for the info you posted up, might be a bit crazy at those spawns right at the start with people pushing for upgrades, but we're UK time so tha tmight help a little, like i said our aim is to upgrade EM as soon as possible,due to our mage/bst duo its always about the Pets, Lucky for me Hubby will default any EM upgrade to me first.

Excuse my ignorance but whats a DZ add ?

Potawatomi
Volunteer

Post by Potawatomi »

DZ is an instance, being a raid or mission. /dz add is the command to add someone to said instances.
Last edited by Potawatomi on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gnomeland
Elementalist

Post by Gnomeland »

Just finished the Worker's Champion camp yesterday after 14 hours.

My experience was quite bad, but then it is the RNG so take it with a spoon of salt.

In 14 hours, Worker's Champion spawned 6 times. This is with killing 2/3 PHs every cycle, with each cycle spawning ~15 mins. 2/3 phs is all you're practically going to get without having a ridiculous amount of DPS because to reach the third ph you have to go through 6-7 additional mobs all packed together in small tunnels.

The biggest problem, however, is the drop rate of the EM ear.

Previous expansions, the EM ears, when present on a mob, was its common drop.

Not so this expansion. I said I killed him six times, correct? He dropped the earring once. The rest of the times he dropped his stupid ranged item, which has both a common and a rare version. Given that the ear, too, has a common and a rare version, in the optimistic scenario it's a 50% drop between the ranged and the ear. But personally, after going through this camp, I'm thinking it's a <30% drop rate off this mob.

So, you have a mob who spawns once every 2-3 hours, who has a <30% drop rate of the ear, and which requires you to clear 7-8 mobs every 15 mins to hit his spawn cycle. Not a great recipe for fun :|
Arien

Post by Arien »

Hmm, I know we've all had camps like that and then others seem to get the named and the loots rotting left and right, maybe just bad luck, i certainly hope so. I dont mind putting in the hours, but makes me wonder about the mision route, still at the mercy of the random chest reward tho.

A fair bit of exp for me to do till 98 but hubbys beast is closing fast on being able to use the em13 /hmm

I went for a snoop round in there with the bard but couldnt find the quest giver need to do more research i guess

Arien
Arien

Post by Arien »

Done this mission a few times now, drops were belt, aug, bow, cloak, aug pretty miffed so far , sure its easy enough and the exp is ok for the time invested but sheesh. Earring already please.
Conjurous
Elementalist

Post by Conjurous »

When going for a specific item i found camping the named is far better than hoping it drops in a task. I camped Worker's Champion and got 2 earrings, one for my necro and one for friends necro, its not a bad camp, there is a nice safe spot between 2 of the PHs, one PH has 2 other mobs with him, other is in a room of 5 or 6 mobs. There is another PH furthur in but i found u need alot of dps or a good puller to get to him b4 repops, when i was there i could sometimes get to him, sometimes not but that was back when my chanter didn't have the L100 AE mez so might be able to just pull whatever and mez on inc for quicker pulls, using necro to FD pull took up alot of time i found.

Yesterday i camped the class armor charm item in xorbb, easy camp and easy named with chanter, named pops adds but they die instantly on snare, root, stun or mez but they do start popping fast at the end but wasn't hard really and charm dropped twice in 2 kills, one was slot 3 but no spell or armor bits.
Last edited by Conjurous on Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

Did the camp yesterday and received the Slot 3 Earring. Here was my experience.

Entered and killed the 2 Easy PH's ( easy with a puller, 2 of the 3 ph's are easily held down by 2 lvl 96+ players )

Workers champion spawned after first round of ph's, Dropped Ranged item.

5 Hours later ( killing 2 of 3 ph's ) He popped again and dropped the Slot 3 Earring.

Workers champion is not a tough mob, average hits, Relatively Low hp's for a named, but if you burn him, his adds can add up fast, bc they spawn every time he drops 10 percent health x 2. You almost cant burn him, even soloing him, because his health goes down so fast, and you need to attack the adds with pet, or kill the adds... The adds themselves are the most gimp of gimp, mb 50k hp's, and hit for a max of 600, theyre nothing but a distraction, but if you dont at least aggro them with pet when they spawn, theyll run off at your cleric and interrupt his healing.

So just take the fight nice and steady, killing the adds as they pop, and make sure you're not going to have any of the room mobs pop during your fight, and you'll be fine, this mob is moloable if you dont panic at the sight of the adds.

suggestion: Just cast servants on the named, and nuke the adds as they pop.