RoF pets

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Re: RoF pets

Post by Piemastaj »

Well with Water my pet was doing 29k DPS. When fire goes to cast his melee stops. He also does not get a guarenteed 30k nuke, it is a chance to cast it. Which is an issue with FBO and the fire pet, because it is every 4 seconds the nuke should be automatic.

EDIT: like I said in a sustained form Fire pet will win out, 8 mins is pretty crazy for a fight especially w/o double FBO and no ADPS for your pet. If you only had 1 FBO that means for 3 to 5 minutes your Fire pet would have time to catch up on a regularly buffed Water pet. Which like I showed Fire pet does more DMG in that form. Put them both with double FBO on and see the results, Fire is more front loaded so when ADPs is lacking it does not hurt as much as Water does. Removing a double FBO and extending the fight by double plays much more into Fire's hands.

If Fire didn't win when Water had 0 ADPS there would be major issues. It would make it very much pointless because then water would be just as frontloaded as Fire is.

On a 3min parse you will see water at 25 to 29k DPS at EM16, what is fire in that same time frame?
Last edited by Piemastaj on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Piemastaj wrote: On a 3min parse you will see water at 25 to 29k DPS at EM16, what is fire in that same time frame?
I'd have to go check though I can't remember a 3 min fight in a very, very long time. We are not a really high dps guild and it takes us a while to kill stuff. We killed 4 dragon last night and times ranged between 6ish - 25ish mins.
I'll run some dummy tests when I get home.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Sillaen wrote:
Piemastaj wrote: On a 3min parse you will see water at 25 to 29k DPS at EM16, what is fire in that same time frame?
I'd have to go check though I can't remember a 3 min fight in a very, very long time. We are not a really high dps guild and it takes us a while to kill stuff. We killed 4 dragon last night and times ranged between 6ish - 25ish mins.
I'll run some dummy tests when I get home.
About 95% sure Water will win out with both of them in FBO.

This is very similar to us. A bard adds roughly 10 to 15k DPS give or take. However add a Bard to a berserker and it adds like 40k, we require less ADPS to do a majority of our DPS. Whereas a Berserker (melee) requires ADPS to do a lot of their DPS. So by having a Water pet with the same buffs as a Fire pet your removing a lot of his DPS by not having FBO and or a Bard in there for flurries and such.

Couple that with the above data I showed of Fire pet being 1 to 1.5k DPS ahead of Water that will absolutely add up if the Fire pet has 3+ minutes to ramp his DMG back up.

Need to make sure things are done fairly to both sides to justify what one is really coming out ahead. Lacking ADPS cripples Water, where it only hinders fire.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Yes sir, you are 100% correct.
Ran a few tests this morning.
Self buffed with FBO7 (not 100 yet so can't get last level).

Air
Combat Dummy Beza on 1/24/2013 in 181sec
Genasi (Sillaen)
--- DMG: 1859606 (96.6%) @ 10331 dps (10274 sdps)

Fire
Combat Dummy Beza on 1/24/2013 in 180sec
Genasi (Sillaen)
--- DMG: 2043171 (99.39%) @ 11478 dps (11351 sdps)

Water
Genasi (Sillaen)
--- DMG: 2269114 (97.29%) @ 12606 dps (12537 sdps)

Earth
Genasi (Sillaen)
--- DMG: 1681055 (96.74%) @ 9288 dps (9288 sdps)
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Few questions Sillaen. What is your EM level? Is it safe to assume the water pet was backstabbing?
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Tweelis wrote:Few questions Sillaen. What is your EM level? Is it safe to assume the water pet was backstabbing?
Only EM14 atm. Yes, pet was backstabbing.
That was just normal self pet buffs and FBO7. Didn't use VT as it should work out to be the same increase for all 4.
Last edited by Sillaen on Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

Should be noted, the Fire pets Frenzied burnout is currently not working, it SHOULD cast an enhanced nuke during FBO ( as it has in previous expansions ), but currently does not. Would raise its dps 2k if working as intended.

& during non-fbo its still outdmg'ing water by about 150%

I got EM 17 last night. Will Post Earth pet stats for tanking and dps after submitting this. Air, water etc will scale comparatively.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

Gnomeland wrote:Turn off the earth pet's spells and the air pet's spells and then do the side by side. Earth pet with spells on vs. rootable mobs is never a great parse because the root makes mobs turn on gargs and they also added a rune effect to the root that makes the earth pet take less damage, so you won't ever see the earth pet's passive mitigation by just doing your usual trash mob routine.
All parses were Pet-only fighting, No servants, etc..

If you want parses with spells turned off, & turned on, and vs Mobs Lvl 101 vs mobs lvl 99 ( stunnable and non stunnable ), you can see them here

http://www.eqmagetower.com/forums/viewt ... f=2&t=3855

I also parsed No EM, EM 11, EM 13, & EM 17.