RoF pets

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
micker
Elementalist

RoF pets

Post by micker »

I saw a lot of DPS parses(thanks to the people who did those!!), but didn't hear too much about the new pets hps/tanking abilities. Did the pets get a decent boost in the tanking area?? I know the earth pet has the new rune proc, that looks good. I tank with air pet 100% of the time, as no named in VoA gives the EM16 air pet any trouble and its more dps. Was wondering if the 96 air pet is a decent step up??

Oh yeah, I see that the pet focuses only go up 2 this expansion?? Guess its becasue there are only 2 tiers, which makes sense. I am happy that my focus won't be as obsolete in the next expansion, until I get a new one. Sucks when you finally get a good pet focus and suddenly its 3 levels behind. Anyone test the EM 17/18 vs an EM16 as far as pet level and increases??
Last edited by micker on Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Danille

Re: RoF pets

Post by Danille »

They are in pretty decent shape overall. I am pretty sure Pie ran some tests on the new pet focuses and gave an overall thumbs up.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

They tank very good. I won't elaborate on that except to say expect lots and lots of "zomg pets are OP and better than PC tanks!!! NERF!!!!!" type posts.

The top end focus only has the pets as DB and I expect 2 more focii. Whatever this secret Sony message that has the aa's/spells tied up is likely to have focii attached.
micker
Elementalist

Post by micker »

Why two more levels? I would imagine that it would be one more if they add another focus and that would make the pet an even con like EM16 does now. I kinda like only two levels, doesn't kill off older focus so much.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

There is usually one focus per tier. There are two tiers. So we get two focii this go around.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

They tank fine. I am not a fan of Earth pet's mitigation increase buff though. Not that I am against it, I just feel Air needed more love and it got none.

What I am afraid of is how easy the end-zone is. We may see a bump in the nerf calls this go round. Again resulting in nothing, but ever so tedious.

If things would have been out of whack a post would have been made. Generally if I do not bring something up in Beta, I am pleased or its at an acceptable level imho.

As to the new pet parses, I am busy working and figuring out our weave (Aristo did not have 17/18 working and I was let into Beta quite late also). So those have been put on the back burner, the new pet foci are indeed working on pets though and you do see increases, I just can not give you a concrete number.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
micker
Elementalist

Post by micker »

Voragath wrote:There is usually one focus per tier. There are two tiers. So we get two focii this go around.

Oh I read it as you thought there would be two more levels of pet focus when the so called update to this expansion went live (4 levels total). I like two levels.

Good to hear that the person git a decent upgrade. Not that they were slacking. VoA was the first expansion that I was completely happy with our pets.
Nylrem01
Magician

Post by Nylrem01 »

This is what I got, from only single 15 minute parses each, after the changes 2 days before design lock but don't know if they got changed again after that (EM 16 for all) vs a level 103 arena dummy:

Earth: 4083 dps (front of dummy, 2 dd proccing weaps, proccing it's new buff about every 3-5 seconds)
Water: 5468 dps (front of dummy, 2 dd proccing weaps)
Air: 3014 dps (front of dummy, 2 dd proccing weaps)
Fire: 5310 dps (front of dummy, in melee range, no weaps though)

All of them had RoF burnout and iceflames Rk. II and with Arcane Distillect Rk. III on them, and that's it. I did not parse with FBO or any other activated abilities on pets, so do not have any numbers for those.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

Why would Air do less dps than Earth?
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Because that is a mistype or things got lagged. I went back and re-did EM16 after the change and Air was at like 4.5k DPS whereas Earth was around 3.9k iirc.

Arcane Distillect does nothing for our regular pets either, Burnout has a better form of the buff.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams