RoF pets

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Arterian
Magician

Re: RoF pets

Post by Arterian »

Now that more folks are 96+, any more feedback on tanking/dps of new pets?
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

I decided to stay at 96 and work on AAing for a while.

96 pet with EM15 tanks well in RoF T2 (trash anyway). Yesterday I was in Xorbb, pulled a con yellow snake, had it about halfway gone when a con red bear added and promptly killed my shammy in about five seconds, leaving my pet tanking both mobs. Healer merc had no problem keeping pet alive while I nuked 'em down.
Arterian
Magician

Post by Arterian »

That's pretty sweet.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

The earth pet is also pretty awesome. Mine is EM16 focused and it handles spikey damage a lot better than the air pet did.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

Here's another anecdote from yesterday.

I was doing my LoD in Zeixshi-Kar's Awakening. I haven't really found a good camp spot, so I tend to just run around with the shammy on follow, killing whatever I come across. Found one area with a high density of wooly mammoths and rhinos, all con yellow to me. Pulled one and popped my LoD. Well, I must have parked myself right on the mammoth/rhino pathing crossroads, because I could not get one killed before another added. They kept adding, and adding, and adding. I don't think I ever had more than two at a time, but it was a constant two mobs beating on pet for several minutes. I lost track of how many I killed, but it must have been seven or eight, possibly more. I was OOM for the last few. Healer merc kept pet up through the entire thing, with shammy slows and assist healing.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

EM 13 96 Air Pet. Tanks 2 T1 Mobs easily, Tanks 2 T2 mobs Well enough.

Give the Air pet aggro reduction swords, and you can Easily solo T2 mobs without a healer or grounded stance, using just our very efficient rains and servants ( who take the brunt of the dmg ). It's good soloing, only takes 10% of a 65k mana tank per mob.
Last edited by Cielli on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Cielli wrote:EM 13 96 Air Pet. Tanks 2 T1 Mobs easily, Tanks 2 T2 mobs Well enough.

Give the Air pet aggro reduction swords, and you can Easily solo T2 mobs without a healer or grounded stance, using just our very efficient rains and servants ( who take the brunt of the dmg ). It's good soloing, only takes 10% of a 65k mana tank per mob.
I have to be doing something wrong. My EM12 air pet got shredded by an alaran mob in the lost city with no healer. It wasn't raid buffed but did have shaman focus and cleric credence on it.
micker
Elementalist

Post by micker »

The RoF pets are pretty bad ass!! I don't think our pets have ever been stronger. My EM16, fully aa earth pet has like 200k hps!! Really happy with the pets right now. Only reason to really use the earth pet is if you have to tank multiple mobs. Otherwise the air pet does more dps and can tank anything. I use the water pet to tank a lot, high dps and can also tank most anything with a good focus and aas. Haven't used fire yet, gotta figure out a role for it.
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

Fire is best if your in a group with a real tank.
Without a bard and other support, it outdoes water
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

Tweelis wrote:
Cielli wrote:EM 13 96 Air Pet. Tanks 2 T1 Mobs easily, Tanks 2 T2 mobs Well enough.

I have to be doing something wrong. My EM12 air pet got shredded by an alaran mob in the lost city with no healer. It wasn't raid buffed but did have shaman focus and cleric credence on it.
You need to pull with Servant right off the bat so it takes early aggro.. then rain/nuke till servant comes up again and fire another, then nuke till dead. Your pet should only actually be tanking for the last ten seconds or so of the fight. ( fire off promised when you think hes started to tank )