RoF Zones

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Kraymerica
Magician

RoF Zones

Post by Kraymerica »

Can anyone speak to the solo/molo-bility of the RoF zones? Anywhere worth going as soon as I ding 96 and get me new air pet?

Can I romp through the new Kael Drakkal (sans named) and get some fun xp or is the trash all going to require groups?
Gnomeland
Elementalist

Re: RoF Zones

Post by Gnomeland »

They have a lot of hps.
Conjurous
Elementalist

Post by Conjurous »

And at 96 cleric mercs seems to suck and lets pet get low hp alot, seems they only try to cast 1 or 2 different spells and usually just 1 of them.
iwantedapet
Magician

Post by iwantedapet »

96+ heal mercs are bugged on test to . was posted on eq forums test update 11-20-12 .. still got pushed to live ...
i have been just leaving a box toon at 95 and using thier heal merc , which is doing just fine.. others are doing the same if they havent already leveled past

iwp- test server
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

I ran around doing the exploration and portals tasks/achievements, and got jumped in Chapterhouse by the undead. At 96 they were yellow con trash - I had an EM16 earth pet out...2 mobs and I was out of mana. The only new spell I was casting was the new bolt. And that was with blowing all my tricks (host, forced to get an extra garg, etc, etc). The cleric merc could barely keep up...but the biggest problem was the mobs just have a crapton more hp than VoA ones - in Sep with the same setup I can got 6 or 7 mobs without running out of mana.
Conjurous
Elementalist

Post by Conjurous »

Patch just starting now so hopefully mercs get fixed.
Eaedyilye

Post by Eaedyilye »

The ROF expansion has matured now so we all have a good idea what the pet can do or not do.

With the EM XIV, 99 earth pet, and all defensive AA's spent I can molo any trash mob in any zone, including adds. Tier 1 named are basically trivial. Tier 2 named tend to have a lot of hp's. But the pet holds up well against them. The last one I killed the earth pet didn't drop below 50% and usually was around 75 to 90% of it's hp's. I use a tier 5 merc.

I haven't tried the tier 3 named molo but it does tank fairly well in the ones I've fought in groups.

The pet for solo/molo and the group game is a beast. I personally feel it's a good direction the EQ Sony team went, not like the old days when a pet got one rounded in a new expansion and the mage was regulated to soloing in old expansions.