Raid DPS @ 100

A home for posts concerning previous expansions.
Mintalee
Elementalist

Re: Raid DPS @ 100

Post by Mintalee »

Guess I need to take FoE and Banestrike out of my bind key lineup eh?

I typically do RS > Of Many > Rain > Spear > Spear but that is not the order in which they line up on my spell bar, which I may have to finally break down and change. It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

Even though I've seen it said many times to include RS when Twincast is running... I still can't convince my brain to do it. But I'm trying.
Summerfrost
Elementalist

Post by Summerfrost »

I had FoR in my multibind. It seemed to never go off before a spell earlier in the MB did. Just an observation not something I tested. I'll take pie's word for it tho.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

I have FoE in my multibind too and it only goes off during GCD as far as I can tell; after the 1st Of Many.

I don't include RS during spell twincast (timer too short to add it) either Mint, but I do with AA twincast (last too long to not add it).
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

I'm hoping to be back in game soon, having interwebz issues so I don't remember a 3 min parse.

As to force, guildie had it in his weave and was consistently much lower then me. I had him remove it and his DPS jumped as the result. You can do what you like, but I would not recommend force or clickies in a multibind setup.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Piemastaj wrote:I'm hoping to be back in game soon, having interwebz issues so I don't remember a 3 min parse.

As to force, guildie had it in his weave and was consistently much lower then me. I had him remove it and his DPS jumped as the result. You can do what you like, but I would not recommend force or clickies in a multibind setup.
Probably due to locking up. If you spam multibind too much, the game bogs down or gets confused to what's been cast. So all your spells will show ready when actually the first one or so is locked out; then, it continues to try and cast that same spell over and over, wasting time if aren't paying attention.
Last edited by Voragath on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Well it was actually his spells were a lower total then mine. In say a 80sec parse he would have like 9 force vs 4 of many. So we looked into his logs and it showed force taking precedent over spells, or at least it appeared that way. Personally, manually doing clickies and force keeps me from getting bored and shows up on the parses.

Went home and looked. Only went thru NTOV twice with a mix of rank 2s and 1s but I had a 64.2k parse in 395 seconds with 1 VT and only fire core no bard either, so that woulda been closer to 75k with a bard.

Not 3 min but is an example. When I get back I will get some gear and spells and I plan on beefing that up. Want to break 125k this expan also. Did 95k last expan.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

I'm doing around 100-110k dps optimal ( no silences or tosses or interrupts ) on shorter fights with no glyph ( 90 seconds ) I think I can get this to 120k, with glyph and once i upgrade from group arms, EM 17 wont hurt either.

On a 3 minute fight I'm doing like 85k dps, closer to 95 If I've stacked and suspended Virulent Talon & FBO & recast around 2 minute mark. Think I could do a Solid 100k DPS with glyph & raid arms.

& It drops off from there.

On longer fights I usually restrict my casting after burn ( due to mana ) to Servant/Of many/rain (if permitted) & clickies If I have any left.

With a bard and Enc in group, I think 130k is going to be the number to get to on short fights, 110 for 3 minute fights, that's where I'd like to see myself in a couple months anyway.
Last edited by Cielli on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

I did every event but Xorbb3 and NTOV 3 times, and the issue is there are few burn fights to test a short burst. I refuse to lose on sustained to make a good burst. Wasn't able to glyph either, but from HOT to VOA we gained about 50k on our burns(I was at 45ish in hot, 95 in VOA). I am hoping we see a similar bump but idk, I got into beta late so can't make a comfortable decision on our burst yet. Our sustained is fantastic though.

I PMed Eli an AA list and we got some decreases in timers, but I don't foresee a major change in burst when new AAs come out though. Which might be bad.

Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

90 seconds just seems to be the amount of time our burns typically last ( use of Improved twincast, and first spell twincast, and virulent talon wearing off ) is why i mention it, dps drops off after that point ( could be as long as 2 minutes )

But the average T1 RoF mob is a 3-4 minute fight for my guild. Most of our kills in CToV are about 3 1/2 minutes.

Did Herald of Oseka last night, that was pretty mucha 'burn' but I think that was probably one of our last runs through VoA.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

I'm not lvl 100 yet so still using 95 RS and Spear, but here's a decent sustained parse from the healing dragon last night I think. It could have been a bit better as no bard, no ench and forgot potion (I always forget the dang potion).

Jorlleag on 1/27/2013 in 590sec
Sillaen + pets
--- DMG: 25541811 (7.82%) @ 44343 dps (43291 sdps)

Here are the main spells used.

--- Bolt of Molten Magma Rk. II - 10
--- Force of Elements - 24
--- Rain of Scythes Rk. II - 27
--- Ruthless Servant Rk. II - 28
--- Salvo of Many Rk. II - 40
--- Spear of Molten Steel Rk. II - 26